Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The inevitable moment where Rex turns on Sanchez....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    MC ELROY
    Meh - sure, if it comes to the point where we simply can't start Sanchez anymore, put him in. But what is that really accomplishing? Seeing if we have a real #2, akin to Jason Garrett, going forward? There's some benefit to that, so I guess it could happen, but the fortunes of this franchise will not be on the shoulders of Greg McElroy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    "they'd be foolish to give up on Ryan but i doubt Tannenbaum remains...."

Tony Pauline's take on it. I agree.
    That's just his opinion though. We don't know what will happen in all actuality.

I happen to agree with him though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    true and it also seems to support their contention that tebow was not brought here to compete for the qb job b/c they knew he couldn't throw.

rex's biggest problem is that sanchez can't even become a trent dilfer. he can't manage a game b/c he's not an accurate qb. but he also has no feel for the game, the defense, the pass rush and his anticipation is also lacking. there's not one aspect of the qb position that he is above average in. so it's not possible for the jets to be very good even if they had a great defense.

sanchez has had enough chances.
    So true. He also does not see the field well at all. How many times have you seen him take a sack, throw the ball away or force it between defenders and just totally missed the fact he had a receiver or 2 wide open on the play - usually in the red zone?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Meh - sure, if it comes to the point where we simply can't start Sanchez anymore, put him in. But what is that really accomplishing? Seeing if we have a real #2, akin to Jason Garrett, going forward? There's some benefit to that, so I guess it could happen, but the fortunes of this franchise will not be on the shoulders of Greg McElroy.
    What does it accomplish? Maybe it tells us if our future QB is on the roster. If he has to come in, we are already in terrible shape. You can't do any worse than Sanchez is doing so the season would already be in the crapper. I am not assuming he would be auditioning for the back up role. I am assuming he would be auditioning for the starting role. The guy has already been a winner and knows his way around. The question would be to see if he has the needed arm strength, which has been the knock, and if he can run an offense in the NFL. Either way you it helps you know what you need to do fo rnext year.

Rookie
    Tanenbaum and Rex are definitely adequate. They constructed a Super Bowl caliber roster after taking over a crap team from the Mangini days. If we had received average QB play in 2009-2010, we had a chance at a Super Bowl.

The fact of the matter is that right now the Jets don't have a very talented roster. Their window has closed, but teams that don't have franchise QBs are not good for 10+ years, it's a cyclical league. The book has to be closed on Sanchez first and foremost as he is simply not a franchise QB nor will he ever be one.

Most GMs are not Ozzie Newsome and most coaches are not Bill Bellicheck. The guys we have running the team are good enough and almost got us to the promised land with subpar QB play. Give them a real QB and we might actually have a shot in time.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    No, of course not.

But at least we'd know if we'd have a legit backup to come in for our FUTURE Draft-Pick QB, though, if he struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    That's just his opinion though. We don't know what will happen in all actuality.

He has enough connections that I am hoping it is rooted in some semblance of fact. Just a hope though.

Quote Originally Posted by jrochwa View Post
    Tanenbaum and Rex are definitely adequate. They constructed a Super Bowl caliber roster after taking over a crap team from the Mangini days. If we had received average QB play in 2009-2010, we had a chance at a Super Bowl.

The fact of the matter is that right now the Jets don't have a very talented roster. Their window has closed, but teams that don't have franchise QBs are not good for 10+ years, it's a cyclical league. The book has to be closed on Sanchez first and foremost as he is simply not a franchise QB nor will he ever be one.

Most GMs are not Ozzie Newsome and most coaches are not Bill Bellicheck. The guys we have running the team are good enough and almost got us to the promised land with subpar QB play. Give them a real QB and we might actually have a shot in time.
    What a joke... Mangini had this team loaded with talent at the point that Rex got to take over. I think we need to replace Tanny, he clearly is in over his head as a GM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    What does it accomplish? Maybe it tells us if our future QB is on the roster. If he has to come in, we are already in terrible shape. You can't do any worse than Sanchez is doing so the season would already be in the crapper. I am not assuming he would be auditioning for the back up role. I am assuming he would be auditioning for the starting role. The guy has already been a winner and knows his way around. The question would be to see if he has the needed arm strength, which has been the knock, and if he can run an offense in the NFL. Either way you it helps you know what you need to do fo rnext year.
    If you want to hold out hope that McElroy becomes our starting QB, by all means you should hope that Sanchez gets pulled and G-Mc gets put in. Personally, I'll focus on things that are more likely to happen.

Like the 1983 draft being re-done and the Jets get to change their pick.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post

Rex said " we gave the players off on Monday and Tuesday so we can figure out whats wrong"
    "if we new what was wrong, we would have fixed it already"

Rex should have been fired on the spot for that

HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT A HEAD COACH'S JOB IS
    WHAT A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Rex still has Shonn Greene starting for us. If that doesn't tell you how this is going to play out nothing will.
    + 1 billion.
    That, plus Rex's vehement of Sanchez when reporters asked about next years Sanchize tag, are all anyone needs. 2 & 14? hmmm?

Why can I see someone like Cutler get injured, then their superior team trade for Sanchez, and Sanchez performs like a stud for that team? I bet tons of people would be on this forum saying 'I told you so!'... even though they screamed for Sanchez's head.

The guy has NO OFFENSIVE TOOLS on the Jets. None. Throw it to open receivers... which ones? Set up a run game to get the play action going... what run game? This offensive roster talent is criminally bad. As weak as I can ever remember. Even when we had a weak running game we usually had a few decent receivers... now we have nothing. I only hope Stephen Hill can develop fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    Why can I see someone like Cutler get injured, then their superior team trade for Sanchez, and Sanchez performs like a stud for that team? I bet tons of people would be on this forum saying 'I told you so!'... even though they screamed for Sanchez's head.

The guy has NO OFFENSIVE TOOLS on the Jets. None. Throw it to open receivers... which ones? Set up a run game to get the play action going... what run game? This offensive roster talent is criminally bad. As weak as I can ever remember. Even when we had a weak running game we usually had a few decent receivers... now we have nothing. I only hope Stephen Hill can develop fast.
    The house that Rex built is broken and he doesn't have the experience as a head coach to fix it.