Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we finally get a stud OLB in the draft?

Do we finally get a stud OLB in the draft?

Looks like we will have a top 5 pick. I say we get the edge rusher we have been looking for: Mingo or Jenkins?

I know offense is in worse shape, but it's almost a lost cause at this point. Prolly better off drafting a stud for the D and try to scrounge out enough points with Tebow on offense next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    How many first-round picks do you want to spend on the defense? It's getting old.

Plus, the current coaching staff is allergic to OLBs. They'd rather take bust cornerbacks and go to war with ancient has-beens like Pace, Thomas, and Scott.

All League
    If we pick that high and dont take a QB...

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    If we pick that high and dont take a QB...
    I dont think there is a great QB there to be had. We missed the boat for offensive players last year with Luck, RG3 and Richardson. Cant reach for what's not there. Besides QB, passrusher is always the most valuable position in the draft, and fits a need for us. I think it's time, just hope we grab the right guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    How many first-round picks do you want to spend on the defense? It's getting old.

Plus, the current coaching staff is allergic to OLBs. They'd rather take bust cornerbacks and go to war with ancient has-beens like Pace, Thomas, and Scott.
    Bart isn't an OLB.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of solid OLB/DEs that we passed on over the past few years that have turned out to be good players: Jabaal Sheard, Carlos Dunlop, Brooks Reed come to mind off the top of my head.

Mingo would be nice, but we badly need a competent rb and mauling RT as well high up on that list as well

Jarvis Jones/ Robert Woods?

there's a few first round QBs but Smith is the man, he's been developing rapidly last 12 months, hopefully we will be within striking distance. Make every reasonable effort to acquire him.

Offense put up a donut.

yeah...lets draft defense.

We have so many needs.

Lots of teams that finish that low just take the best player available. If we tank the season, we need to hit on this draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I dont think there is a great QB there to be had. We missed the boat for offensive players last year with Luck, RG3 and Richardson. Cant reach for what's not there. Besides QB, passrusher is always the most valuable position in the draft, and fits a need for us. I think it's time, just hope we grab the right guy.
    Geno Smith
    Logan Thomas
    Matt Barkley
    Tyler Wilson

The Sanchize is done, he either plateaued way early or isn't what we expected.

All Pro
    What do we even run? A 3-4 or a 4-3? Seems like our talent is closer to a 4-3.

What big WR are coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Offense put up a donut.

yeah...lets draft defense.
    You don't reach for need. If a Mark Sanchez and DeMarcus Ware are sitting there, you take DeMarcus Ware every time.

Yes, it's about time we get a pass rusher.

The thing is though that this year's draft is stacked with pass rushers. We don't need to draft one in the 1st round. We could pick up a good one in rounds 2-4.

I would love to have Jones or Mingo though

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Um, haven't we been trying to draft a pass rusher for decades now? Since like Gastineau's retirement? Lageman and Byrd weren't bad, but Byrd got hurt and Lageman was one of the let-goes after the Kotite era. Seems like when we had some in Douglas (and traded him because he was too small - played well in Philly) and Abraham (then we traded him because he was injury prone - still playing). The rest have never lived up to potential or pick spot. Don't need to bring up "Ghoston" (oops, just did). Drafting a handful of defensive linemen with high picks of late and still nada. Seems like we just have bad luck or we aren't patient enough or aren't coaching enough or... ugh... I don't know. Too angry and disgusted to care.

Just imagine how much better our D would be if we had a pass rusher like Aldon Smith. Which would put alot less pressure on our offense.

it's gotta be either QB or a stud RB
    OLB we need too, but I think Demario Davis should be converted to that position.

Marcus Lattimore is the only back I would take the in 1st

All League
    Don't talk about the draft, especially when it's about drafting defense.

We can't talk about adding players until it plays out and they shed all the dead weight. And there's plenty to get rid of.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Looks like we will have a top 5 pick. I say we get the edge rusher we have been looking for: Mingo or Jenkins?

I know offense is in worse shape, but it's almost a lost cause at this point. Prolly better off drafting a stud for the D and try to scrounge out enough points with Tebow on offense next year.
    Maybe we can draft Weeden. Oh that's right he's already playing in the NFL and better than our guy and I'm a dik.

But a correct dik.

...and no. You can't have a OLB.