Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: 2010 off-season was the beginning of the end

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

2010 off-season was the beginning of the end

What the hell happened to this team??? We should have brought everyone back from 2010, but instead we were obsessed with getting Nambdi ASSgetburned. The front office showed no love for our own guys, we had a good thing going with our offense, we made a great run that year, beat indy and ne on the road and just came up short in pit, loved that team. Just my opinion but I think Rex lost the team in that offseason when we put bray, cotch, and brad smith on the backburner. We showed no phuckin loyalty to the guys that got us one game away from the show. In return we get two guys mason and plax that aren't even in the league anymore. Now our offense can't even score. Man, 2010 seems like a long time ago, I hope nambdi was worth it, oh yeah we didn't even get him he went the eagles. Guy is horrible anyway. Party on REX!! Party on Tanny!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    What the hell happened to this team??? We should have brought everyone back from 2010, but instead we were obsessed with getting Nambdi ASSgetburned. The front office showed no love for our own guys, we had a good thing going with our offense, we made a great run that year, beat indy and ne on the road and just came up short in pit, loved that team. Just my opinion but I think Rex lost the team in that offseason when we put bray, cotch, and brad smith on the backburner. We showed no phuckin loyalty to the guys that got us one game away from the show. In return we get two guys mason and plax that aren't even in the league anymore. Now our offense can't even score. Man, 2010 seems like a long time ago, I hope nambdi was worth it, oh yeah we didn't even get him he went the eagles. Guy is horrible anyway. Party on REX!! Party on Tanny!!
    3 things:
    1) the drafting has been piss poor. I'm done with Tannenbaum.
    2) putting their eggs in the Sanchez basket was a mistake
    2) there has been a 1-dimensional obsession with the defense. their strategy of picking up scraps off the heap for offense has clearly failed. And the defense isn't even that good!
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 10-01-2012 at 12:02 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You pretty much summed it up---excellent analysis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, the begining of the end was Rex failing to motivate his team and they came out flat to start the AFCCG against the Steelers.

If the Jets are up to start the game, history for this franchise and perhaps NY sports may be completely different.

Rex's failure in that situation is not discussed enough IMO.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    No, the begining of the end was Rex failing to motivate his team and they came out flat to start the AFCCG against the Steelers.

If the Jets are up to start the game, history for this franchise and perhaps NY sports may be completely different.

+1000

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered the same thing after the 2010 offseason. We were close, and we just started tinkering. Why we didn't bring back those aging vets with a few new pieces is beyond me... too many young guys and ineffective free agents were brought in and it just didn't gel. Now... well, it's what we have.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

i couldnt agree more..........

i bet it comes out soon that rex is killing this team with "his guys" mentality. the jets have never had much loyalty to their players. go back to what they did with the lb that went to pittsburg, cant remember his name. said he couldnt play in our 3-4, went to a 3-4 team a was a star. the same could be said of vilma, why couldnt he play the 3-4. to small, pittsburg has players his same size and are doing fine.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

No I don't agree with that at all. Are you trying to tell me that Rex after losing 2 AFC championships in a row is not gonna do everything in his power to get them ready for that game?? Nah. The reality is PITTSBURGH was the worst possible opponent for the Jets to play in that situation. They just came off of beating their arch nemesis in the biggest game in their franchise history since Namath in SB III. They has just beaten the Steelers earlier in the year at their place, NOW they have to go back into the lion's den and beat an angry team at their house AGAIN. It was the ultimate letdown spot for the Jets. So much emotion went into beating Peyton and Brady in their own buildings they just couldn't muster up enough energy to beat Big Ben again. Especially for a team that relies so much on defense and running the football. Our guys grinded out those two wins they weren't easy wins. Our defensive tank was on EMPTY. They were shot in that first half. Team was on fumes and they still almost came back to win. SAR can say whatever he wants but in my opinion it had NOTHING to do with Rex not having them ready to play. That is utter nonsense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    i bet it comes out soon that rex is killing this team with "his guys" mentality. the jets have never had much loyalty to their players. go back to what they did with the lb that went to pittsburg, cant remember his name. said he couldnt play in our 3-4, went to a 3-4 team a was a star. the same could be said of vilma, why couldnt he play the 3-4. to small, pittsburg has players his same size and are doing fine.
    James Farrior