Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez Hurt?

Sanchez Hurt?

I know someone had a thread about this after the Steelers game but since Sanchez took a shot on the second drive of the game that was a late hit/unnecessary roughness on the Steelers he hasn't been the same. He was great against Buffalo, 4/5 on the first drive against the Steelers and since then has been straight up garbage.

He was on the injury report last week with back issues. I'm wondering if there's more issues that we and maybe the training staff don't even know about.

Practice Squad
    Maybe his vagina hurts

Undrafted Free Agent
    I thought the same about Sanchez all of last season post-Ravens game. If he really is hiding an injury, or they know and just aren't telling us, and are purposefully hiding it, than I'd be pretty pissed. I don't want Tebow at QB, but a healthy QB is a healthy QB, and lying to stay on the field is detrimental to the team.

Practice Squad
    yep vaginitis

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I'm wondering if there's more issues that we and maybe the training staff don't even know about.
    That would explain why the Jets kept him in the game all the way til the very end even though it was out of reach. Didn't want to raise suspicion. Smart, them Jets.

Back issues? Maybe Eva Longoria dug her high heels into it.

Actually, if you are thinking he might have a concussion, the NFL is pretty tough on letting you play again before a physician approves. Chances are, you are just seeing Sanchez disintegrate as he see his career getting away from him. Sanchez is the symbol of a failed organization. We will never know who he really is because Bean and Mouth have done everything to cripple his development

Sanchez is garbage. Let's get a QB who can actually improve with time. Maybe McElroy deserves a shot. He seems to be smarter than Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJetsFan View Post
    I thought the same about Sanchez all of last season post-Ravens game. If he really is hiding an injury, or they know and just aren't telling us, and are purposefully hiding it, than I'd be pretty pissed. I don't want Tebow at QB, but a healthy QB is a healthy QB, and lying to stay on the field is detrimental to the team.
    Something isn't right. Same issues as last year against the Ravens.

I'm not a Tebow fan but looking at Sanchez's numbers the past two weeks Tebow could pass better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Something isn't right. Same issues as last year against the Ravens.

I'm not a Tebow fan but looking at Sanchez's numbers the past two weeks Tebow could pass better.
    Are you sure you are talking about last year where he posted a 30.5 passer rating against Baltimore and and not the year before where he posted a 56.4 passer rating against Baltimore in the opener?

It seems like today's 39.9 passer rating performance fits right in between those two sub-par performances against better than average defenses.

Veteran
    Ever since that second drive in Pittsburgh he hasn't been able to hit a barn door, something must have happened, ive been a big Sanchez supporter but i think he's done.

Was anyone watching the recievers? Seems Sanchez had plenty of time, expecially compared to last year. I was at the game and too focused on the LOS to really look for open guys. But it sure seemed like he had no one to throw to most of the game, and yes I know, missed when he did.

Please stop with the excuses. The guy only problem he isnt a NFL QB. I was a big supporter of Sanchez its ok to admit that we were wrong. Bench him and move on.

People have blamed the Offensive Coordinator, the Oline, WR's, RB's, head coach, GM, Owner and even Tebow.

Maybe you're looking at it all wrong....

Has anyone even considered that Sanchez may have been injured the last 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Was anyone watching the recievers? Seems Sanchez had plenty of time, expecially compared to last year. I was at the game and too focused on the LOS to really look for open guys. But it sure seemed like he had no one to throw to most of the game, and yes I know, missed when he did.
    nobody was open all game, which is why sanchez was trying too hard to make plays

we don't have the talent to help a young QB compete/develop; let's just give it up; cut everybody

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    nobody was open all game, which is why sanchez was trying too hard to make plays

we don't have the talent to help a young QB compete/develop; let's just give it up; cut everybody
    If you take five guys out from out of the stands and lined them up at WR John Unitas couldn't get them to catch a pass against an NFL defense. The sad truth is the Jets WR corp isn't much better then this when you take Holmes out.

Despite this, yes despite this Sanchez has to play better. You just do your job, don't do more than you can and it will be fine. That is part of being an NFL QB, do your job, make the throws you can make and go from there. The problem it seems at times Sanchez isn't making the throws he can make and it is frustrating but the FO is a disgrace when you look at the offensive talent on this team.

No QB in the NFL could win with the Jets offensive talent and that is a straight up indictement of TANNY, Period!!!!

Good Grief
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 10-01-2012 at 08:31 AM.

We play the 85 Bears every week? All these teams have shutdown CBs? No! Sanchez can't read Defenses and misses open receivers. The guy is a bum. Stop making excuses for him. He is not the answer, he is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    If you take five guys out from out of the stands and lined them up at WR John Unitas couldn't get them to catch a pass against an NFL defense. The sad truth is the Jets WR corp isn't much better then this when you take Holmes out.

Despite this, yes despite this Sanchez has to play better. You just do your job, don't do more than you can and it will be fine. That is part of being an NFL QB, do your job, make the throws you can make and go from there. The problem it seems at times Sanchez isn't making the throws he can make and it is frustrating but the FO is a disgrace when you look at the offensive talent on this team.

No QB in the NFL could win with the Jets offensive talent and that is a straight up indictement of TANNY, Period!!!!

Good Grief
    ]

You know I like Sanchez and I've been defending him for some time. He quit on the team yesterday. I don't care how bad things are going, the QB has to be the rock. Those throws towards the end of the game had no care or concern behind them and they were nowhere near the target whether they were open or not. He was just slinging it without care anymore. Yes I know things were bad at that point, but your QB can't act like that. There are problems everywhere on this team, QB included.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    There were a number of times where he had plenty of time and wide open receivers and either threw the ball 10 ft over their heads, 5 feet into the ground in front of them or 5 ft behind them on a crossing pattern. He continues to throw off his back foot and to me, just looks scared out there. It is time to make a change. I could plug his post game comments into just about any loss this year. It is getting tiring and is getting to be like beating your head against the wall. Tebow is certainly not the answer at QB so we need to see what we have in McElroy. I sense the possibility of a situation similar to when Pennington first started. It gave the team a jolt and I think McElroy is a similar type of QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Good Grief
    Ive been a strong Sanchez guy and still wish him the best with us, but it does not look good and he does not look good. I agree that the team around him is bad, but the weak wr corp didnt have anything to do with his fumble or the horrible screen pass he missed.