Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man I miss Big Tuna!

Undrafted Free Agent

Man I miss Big Tuna!

Rex blows,

Tanny the glorified accountant needs to go,

Woody Johnson needs to get on his knees and crawl over to Parcells' house and beg and cry until he agrees to become Jets President of Football operation.

The game has passed Parcells by. He's responsible for the mess down in Miami.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The game has passed Parcells by. He's responsible for the mess down in Miami.
    ..and in some respects the mess w/ the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    So he can lead us to 8-8 in his third season...get us into cap hell that can only be handled by dumping our best defensive players to an expansion team and quit like a dog

Yep...thats the ticket

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    if not tuna then who?

at least he would draft us a legit pass rusher.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    at least he would draft us a legit pass rusher.
    +1

I know I will get ribbed for saying this but at this point I dont care...how about Marty Shottenheimer? He is a very good talent evaluator and every place he goes he sets up a great football team and always has a winning record. Yes he has issues in the playoffs but I would be ok with him as a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I know I will get ribbed for saying this but at this point I dont care...how about Marty Shottenheimer? He is a very good talent evaluator and every place he goes he sets up a great football team and always has a winning record. Yes he has issues in the playoffs but I would be ok with him as a GM.

Has Marty ever BEEN GM before?

And besides, I don't want ANY CHANCE of him trying to bring back his failure-of-an-offspring to this team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    We need a GM who will clean house.... get rid of all these soft players and get some hard nose blue collar players

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    if not tuna then who?
    Bill Cowher as GM and HC.

If he wont take it then....

MANgini!!!
    As GM and President of Footbal operations not coach.

(I admit im a Mangini homer, never thought he should have been fired)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Bill Cowher as GM and HC.

If he wont take it then....

MANgini!!!
    As GM and President of Footbal operations not coach.

(I admit im a Mangini homer, never thought he should have been fired)
    Bill cowher was a sorry ass coach until Big Ben got there and Mangini never proved anything to be considered a gm

All Pro
    I'm thinking you are missing the Tuna that coached us to an AFC Championship with talent he inherited, not the Tuna that ruined the team for a good chunk by the abysmal drafts he had.

All Pro
    Bill cowher was a sorry ass coach until Big Ben got there and Mangini never proved anything to be considered a gm
    Other than the two great drafts and one solid one he had. The guy was fired because of Gholston. If you look at that draft, they did everything to move up and couldn't. Gholston was drafted exactly where he was expected too.

Bill Cowher was a very good coach prior to Ben getting there. That's ridiculous. But yes, Ben made him better.

This is a QB league - just like Belly was a sorry ass coach in Cleveland...

If you haven't figured that out yet you're not watching the NFL. A quality NFL QB goes a long way.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Other than the two great drafts and one solid one he had. The guy was fired because of Gholston. If you look at that draft, they did everything to move up and couldn't. Gholston was drafted exactly where he was expected too.
    As far as I know Tanny made the final decisions so his ass needs to go

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Bill Cowher was a very good coach prior to Ben getting there. That's ridiculous. But yes, Ben made him better.

This is a QB league - just like Belly was a sorry ass coach in Cleveland...

If you haven't figured that out yet you're not watching the NFL. A quality NFL QB goes a long way.
    I like Bill Cowher as a person but not as a coach or GM

Hall Of Fame
    if not tuna then who?
    JIMMY JOHNSON or Bill Cower for HC. Bill Polian for GM

Yes, let's get Bill Parcells back after all he did for the Jets:

1. Cost us Peyton Manning as QB by refusing to guarantee to Archie Manning that we would take him with our top pick in 1998.

2. ****-canning Hugh Douglas in one of his first personnel moves as Jet czar. Douglas went on to become one of the NFL's best pass rushers.

3. Cost us Bill Belichick as HC of the NYJ because his ego wouldn't allow him to hand over the reigns of power after three years like he said he would.

4. Just before leaving, filled key roles with a bunch of his incompetent cronies: Al Groh as coach, Terry Bradway as GM and Mike Tannenbaum as assistant GM. The latter two remain a blight on the organization's personnel operation to this day.

5. Not to mention the high draft picks we had to give up to sign him in the first place.
    Last edited by BroadwayRay; 10-01-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Bill Cowher was a very good coach prior to Big Ben who took his team to a Super Bowl,