Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man I miss Big Tuna!

Bill Polian anybody? He definitely knows what he is doing (architect of the Colts' dominant run in the 2000s) and now understands that while the QB is a very important part of a team, the team needs talent at all positions (See Colts season, 2011). I definitely think that he is licking his chops for a second chance, as he is simply too good of a GM to go out the way he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    What are you talking about?

The first thing Parcells did when he came to the Dolphins was hire Ireland as the GM. Parcells was the Head of Football Operations. After Ireland, he hired Sparano to be the head coach.

Those are Parcells' guys. They continued to run the team according to his vision.
    Ireland had no real power until 09. Hired yes but he was just a puppet until Ross took complete control of the team. BP made all personal move up till then not Ireland. Ross did not like BP at all. They did not continue the BP image after 09 at all. Ireland has dropped all of the FA he brought in aside from 1 and traded away or let walk half his draft picks. Ireland did not try to do any such thing. There are maybe 2 starters on that O from when BP was calling shot and they are running a crappy 4-3 now if you didn't notice. BP had nothing to do with Miami's down fall. He gave them 2 good years of football in what has been a decade of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Bill Polian anybody? He definitely knows what he is doing (architect of the Colts' dominant run in the 2000s) and now understands that while the QB is a very important part of a team, the team needs talent at all positions (See Colts season, 2011). I definitely think that he is licking his chops for a second chance, as he is simply too good of a GM to go out the way he did last year.
    Does he? He is like 70 and that Colts team without Manning couldn't win a game to save their lives. They appeared to have talent but couldn't do anything right on either end. Year in and year out the Colts always appeared to have the same weaknesses and he never addressed them well. Must have went threw 20 DTs and 30 CBs in ten years. From 05 on his drafts took a huge dip in talent. In his prime yes but I think he may be out of touch now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    With parcell every player plays better cuz they know parcell will cut or trade u if u dont play hard

How about cleaning out the whole operation and then asking some respected, retired GMs like Polian for some suggestions of up and coming, intelligent ast. GMs around the league. Then hire the best of them and let him choose the front office and head coach.

Instead we have an owner that would hire Hulk Hogan if it meant selling a few extra jerseys.

By the way, is there anyone more overrated as a front office man then Bill Parcells? Hall of Fame coach, mediocre to poor front office man.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 10-02-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    this guy gets it.
    No, he really doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    How about cleaning out the whole operation and then asking some respected, retired GMs like Polian for some suggestions of up and coming, intelligent ast. GMs around the league. Then hire the best of them and let him choose the front office and head coach.

Instead we have an owner that would hire Hulk Hogan if it meant selling a few extra jerseys.

By the way, is there anyone more overrated as a front office man then Bill Parcells? Hall of Fame coach, mediocre to poor front office man.
    I'll bet Woody is having conversations on the down low right now. Depending on how bad this gets he could pull the trigger at the end of the year. If the Jets finish very poorly with say a 5-11 record I think he will make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    Rex blows,

Tanny the glorified accountant needs to go,

Woody Johnson needs to get on his knees and crawl over to Parcells' house and beg and cry until he agrees to become Jets President of Football operation.
    Miss him? His boy is our GM and Rex spent the off season being mentored by Tuna and why do you think we hired Tony Sprano? I wish he would mess up another team

Jets Insider VIP
    he would have already quit on his fifth franchise....

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    he would have already quit on his fifth franchise....
    To be fare he was ran out of 1. His title in Miami was one of a kind and the new owner wanted nothing to do with it. I don't remember why he bailed on NE. He spent years turning that team from a joke to one of the best teams ever. I feel you on this though. BP is the only reason I am a JETS fan really. But he does has a record of leaving teams hanging.

Waterboy
    Parcells was the shot in the arm this franchise needed at the time. He cleaned up a mess & got the team winning games. Then Vinny goes down. Parcells wandering eye starts up. For the Big Tuna is always looking for a better offer. So his exit strategy always leaves the place in a bit of peril. So would he be the answer again ? NO. Does this owner like headlines ...YES. So anything is fair game.

What Parcells did bring to the Jets was leadership.....hadn't had it before or since.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    What Parcells did bring to the Jets was leadership.....hadn't had it before or since.
    +1