Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what do you ACTUALLY expect the CS/FO to do?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    fire the gm for thinking it was a good idea to ignore the RB and OL positions during the entire offseason. We are a supposed ground and pound team and we went into training camp with Wayne Hunter and Shonne Green as starters. Unforgivable.

Fire him for not giving Sanchez better weapons that can help him now. Hill is a wonderful prospect with upside; but that is all he is right now and to not bring in another veteran WR/TE to help out is unforgivable.
    The big Tanny issues that are unforgivable (they go back 3 years) in my book are the following ...

1) Not properly replacing Faneca and Woody (the reason this team won was because we had the best offensive line in Football. He replaced two all-pro's with 6th rounders and FA's)

2) Not even making an attempt to bring Braylon Edwards back

Both of those moves I disagreed with at the time but supported Tanny with the "He knows more than me" belief. It's his job, he's around it all day so he must have a plan.

The problem I'm seeing now is there was NO PLAN!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    nothing rex is blindly loyal to players that suck........starting with the QB being the worst
    I think they know exactly how bad Sanchez is. They cannot bench Sanchez without Tanny losing his job. I am convinced of this. Mike Tannenbaum orchestrated the flashy deal to trade up and get Sanchez in the first place and he simply cannot survive the humiliation of benching him after we have committed so much of our franchise treasure to this "project".

Landing Peyton Manning or a catastrophic injury to Mark Sanchez were the last hopes for Mike Tannenbaum to escape the Sanchez death spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I think they know exactly how bad Sanchez is. They cannot bench Sanchez without Tanny losing his job. I am convinced of this. Mike Tannenbaum orchestrated the flashy deal to trade up and get Sanchez in the first place and he simply cannot survive the humiliation of benching him after we have committed so much of our franchise treasure to this "project".

Landing Peyton Manning or a catastrophic injury to Mark Sanchez were the last hopes for Mike Tannenbaum to escape the Sanchez death spiral.
    It's only a matter of time now as the pressure will build with each loss. The Jets' bad drafting and poor contractual commitments will become crystal clear to the entire nation and Woody will be humiliated.

Tanny will be eventually be tossed...the question is who is the right FOOTBALL GM to build an organization like the Giants, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, 49rs, etc, etc.?

Wer'e going into a situation next year where RB, 3 starting LB's, both starting Safeties, WR, and OL are absolute dire needs for this team. AND from the looks of it so far QB is too. That's not even considering the pending Revis situation. I have defended Tanny but it's painfully obvious this team is dreadfully lacking at many starting positions added to the fact we have no depth....there's really no other person to blame for it. Fact is if Woody is looking to go another direction with leadership then this coming offseason is the time to do it. Let a new GM decide how he wants to move forward building this team with so many needs.

Well after this disaster. I would like them to Start Davis, Coples, Mcintyre, and Ellis next week. The linebackers are very slow to fill. Put Davis next to Harris and let Harris takeover the Scott role. Coples has to play, he was the only bright spot yesterday. They need to get the young guys in now. Experience for next year, also to see if these guys can play. If not then go in a different direction.

Dline of Coples - Ellis - Wilkerson

Linebackers of Pace - Davis - Harris - Mcintyre

DB Berry - Bell - Landry - Cromartie. I do not care if Berry is just signed off the street. Manningham should have had 3 bomb's yesterday if Smith could throw the football.

Wilson as the nickel, Lankster as the dime.

Offense

Start Powell, let Mcknight be the change of pace and bring Greene in to give Powell a blow. I hate seeing the Pats bringing in this kid Bolden running crazy, Skins have this kid Morris run crazy. Hey give this kid Grimes a shot. I am sick of seeing Greene running in to the back of his oline. The good backs make their own holes, by patience and finding the openings.

The oline situation. Slauson is horrible and Moore is ancient. Do not think Ducasse is the answer, but he is a strong dude, let him take over for Slauson.

They need to go out and sign one of these over the hill receivers, Johnson, Burress just for experience. Man I wish Edwards was here now and so does Tanny.

They need Keller back.

Totally scrap the Tebow experiment, does nothing but destroy rhythm.
    Last edited by Suffering; 10-01-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Need to clean house. Plain and simple from top to bottom. Get rid of as much as you can through trades and cuts and go through draft. Draft as much as possible. Rex, Tanny, EVERYONE has to go.
    Tann is killing the roster, Rex don't know HC or offense. Blow it up

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    Well after this disaster. I would like them to Start Davis, Coples, Mcintyre, and Ellis next week. The linebackers are very slow to fill. Put Davis next to Harris and let Harris takeover the Scott role. Coples has to play, he was the only bright spot yesterday. They need to get the young guys in now. Experience for next year, also to see if these guys can play. If not then go in a different direction.

DB Berry - Bell - Landry - Cromartie. I do not care if Berry is just signed off the street. Manningham should have had 3 bomb's yesterday if Smith could throw the football.

Offense

Start Powell, let Mcknight be the change of pace and bring Greene in to give Powell a blow. I hate seeing the Pats bringing in this kid Bolden running crazy, Skins have this kid Morris run crazy. Hey give this kid Grimes a shot. I am sick of seeing Greene running in to the back of his oline. The good backs make their own holes, by patience and finding the openings.

The oline situation. Slauson is horrible and Moore is ancient. Do not think Ducasse is the answer, but he is a strong dude, let him take over for Slauson.

They need to go out and sign one of these over the hill receivers, Johnson, Burress just for experience. Man I wish Edwards was here now and so does Tanny.

They need Keller back.

all we have to work with here are side show attractions, malcontents, hand me downs, old people and Tebow. The SOJ are living the history of making completely inept talent evaluations, draft picks and game time decisions. Time to get real football people at the top who know how to talk football to other real football people and staff the roster with real football players.
    Last edited by ColonelForbin; 10-01-2012 at 09:30 AM.

All Pro

The best thing to do would be to tank the season

Since they're not going to do that on purpose, what we will see is if the Fans holding out hope that Sanchez can be a decent QB comes to fruition.

This Franchise Known as the NY Jets has always been reactive instead of proactive. We have always release players and coaches 1 yr to late and in some cases,we may not have had the forseight to realize what could be if we stayed the course.

Walt Michaels built a speal team,but because of an emotional mistake got blackballed and his team was given to Walt Michaels. A Young inexperience Pete Carroll was not allowed to develop as a HC because of his player friendly atmosphere. Then there was Herman Edwards who was completely different from anything that had walk a sideline as an NFL HC. He didn't micro-manage his coordinators instead allowed them to have total control of their Units while he concentrated on managing the team.

The Jets need to do something unheard-of to make a statement to the players and the Fans in an effort to satbilized this mess.

Starting Tebow is not that option.

The problem is,on the team itself there's nobody that can make such a statement.Therefore,I look for either the GM or the HC to be replace at or around the "BYE" if this mess continues .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Since they're not going to do that on purpose, what we will see is if the Fans holding out hope that Sanchez can be a decent QB comes to fruition.

This Franchise Known as the NY Jets has always been reactive instead of proactive. We have always release players and coaches 1 yr to late and in some cases,we may not have had the forseight to relaize what could be if we stayed the course.

Walt Michaels built a speal team,but because of an emotional mistake got blackballed and his team was given to Walt Michaels. A Young inexperience Pete Carroll was not allowed to develop as a HC because of his player friendly atmosphere. Then there was Herman Edwards who was completely different from anything that had walk a sideline as an NFL HC. He didn't micro-manage his coordinators instead allowed them to have total control of their Units while he concentrated on managing the team.

The Jets need to do something unheard-of to make a statement to the players and the Fans in an effort to satbilized this mess.

Starting Tebow is not that option.

The problem is,on the team itself there's nobody that can make such a statement.Therefore,I look for either the GM or the HC to be replace at or around the "BYE" if this mess continues .
    Pete Carrol was right about Mark. He's done. Time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

F*** Tannenbaum. He has NO football pedigree or experience at all. He's nothing but a bean counter

Agree with many of the things said here - but its still early in the year..you cant bench Sanchez. You gut it out and pray - lots of time during the bye to reflect on a change...any change at QB would be huge and no turning back so they have to be sure season is at brink which it is not yet -

I do agree that Rex MUST play the younger guys now. Powell, Davis, Coples, Ellis - no excuse to not have them in the game!

I dont see Woody making the ultimate change unless this ends up being a disasterous 4-12 season (which it may) - if thats the case then who is out there/available that would be an upgrade over Rex? Tanny I think has earned his ticket out but how can you bring in a new GM with rex? Just dont see any big changes this year...Woody will rely on back to back AFCCGs and give them one more shot....Revis injury gives them excuse.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Agree with many of the things said here - but its still early in the year..you cant bench Sanchez. You gut it out and pray - lots of time during the bye to reflect on a change...any change at QB would be huge and no turning back so they have to be sure season is at brink which it is not yet -

I do agree that Rex MUST play the younger guys now. Powell, Davis, Coples, Ellis - no excuse to not have them in the game!

I dont see Woody making the ultimate change unless this ends up being a disasterous 4-12 season (which it may) - if thats the case then who is out there/available that would be an upgrade over Rex? Tanny I think has earned his ticket out but how can you bring in a new GM with rex? Just dont see any big changes this year...Woody will rely on back to back AFCCGs and give them one more shot....Revis injury gives them excuse.
    Alex Smith survived and came back from a couple of benchings. At this point I think we have pretty much run out of other things to try with Sanchez.

Tennenbaum must go and I agree with a few of the posters here.

Better to do it sooner than later. Let a new GM come in and make the proper rebuilding decisions.

Tannenbaum is going to do everything in his power to win and protect his job - right now the Jets need a GM thinking about rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    all we have to work with here are side show attractions, malcontents, hand me downs, old people and Tebow. The SOJ are living the history of making completely inept talent evaluations, draft picks and game time decisions. Time to get real football people at the top who know how to talk football to other real football people and staff the roster with real football players.
    You are correct. Tanny has to go. He destroyed this team for years to come. The 2008 draft started the downfall. Gave up draft picks for players in there twilight. He needs to go. I think Rex should be given another shot on the sidelines. I think he needs to take over the defensive play calling. Pettine could be the problems on D also.

The Tebow thing was stupid, I said it when it happened.

You are correct. Tanny has to go. He destroyed this team for years to come. The 2008 draft started the downfall. Gave up draft picks for players in there twilight. He needs to go. I think Rex should be given another shot on the sidelines. I think he needs to take over the defensive play calling. Pettine could be the problems on D also.

The Tebow thing was stupid, I said it when it happened.
    to be fair, tebow may not have been tanny's idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Oh I get it. Everyone's a master complainer here, but anything beyond that...

Once we get thumped through October we'll see Tebow. This regime doesn't do change well so I don't see anything actually changing till the bye.
    You're going to have to have a shakeup with some veterans sitting down.

Greene out and Powell in.

Moore out and ducasse in.

Pohoua and devito out. Ellis and coples in.

Davis in for Thomas.

Offense

They need Keller back.

Read this post twice. I agree 100%, except maybe include TJ Houshmenzadeh(sp?) as a veteran WR. I am totally against the Tebow experiment. Either leave him in there with Mark on the sidelines or no Tebow at all. When both are in, it leaves one less playmaker on the field that can make a difference. What the hell are we thinking bringing this guy here. After 4 games Im sure there is no play that can be designed to be consistant gamebreaker that can come from this experiment.

I expect the players they draft to improve from year to year...

Name a player(s) that have actually improved from when they were drafted.

Sanchez has regressed. SGreene looked better as a rookie coming out of college than he does now..

KWilson looks the same..Ducasse TBD...McKnight, Connor...I don't see any improvement..

Has Keller really improved since being drafted?

Only D'Brick, Mangold, Revis and Harris have developed.

tannenbaum is the silent killer in this organization. the vernon gholston draft pick set this organization back years. we passed many other good players who are contributing as we speak.

draft pick busts year after year equates to the team on the field yesterday.

signing old vets wont do anything for this team but maybe win us a few games and they wont be playoff games.

im not buying into the dl draft strategy either. we had pouha and devito and can only get so many dl out there at once. we need playmakers on both sides of the ball. we finally get two decent safetys and revis goes down. the key is depth and tanne fails at providing it on all sides of the ball.

we are all frustrated and angry its a football hangover morning jets style.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I expect the players they draft to improve from year to year...

Name a player(s) that have actually improved from when they were drafted.

Sanchez has regressed. SGreene looked better as a rookie coming out of college than he does now..

KWilson looks the same..Ducasse TBD...McKnight, Connor...I don't see any improvement..

Has Keller really improved since being drafted?

Only D'Brick, Mangold, Revis and Harris have developed.
    I don't see it.
    Brick still can't run block at the POA. Mangold has not been the same player since he was Injured last yr. Harris looks like a totally different player with almost half the fan base thinking he's grossly over paid. Keller has always been an over hyped pass catching TE something you don't trade up for and something you don't give big money too.