Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what do you ACTUALLY expect the CS/FO to do?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

So what do you ACTUALLY expect the CS/FO to do?

After 3 pathetic weeks, the last being a total donut - what do you think t-Rex actually does? What about after the 27-3 cornholing enroute next Monday?

I really don't know. Bench mark? Can you ACTUALLY see them doing that? No way you can keep pretending like the ship's not on fire.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I get it. Everyone's a master complainer here, but anything beyond that...

Once we get thumped through October we'll see Tebow. This regime doesn't do change well so I don't see anything actually changing till the bye.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going back through the years, trying to find out how the team wound up like this.

There's not a single "good" unit on this team right now. The secondary has been reduced to average without Revis.

We've invested a lot in the defensive line in recent years, but they're not developing.

The linebackers are terrible. Can't cover or stop the run.

The offensive line is average in pass protection and can't run block for anything.

The receivers were bad when we had Holmes. Jeremy Kerley is going to be our #1 receiver next week. LOL!

The quarterback position is a complete mess. Sanchez is bad, Tebow is worse, and McElroy doesn't have the physical attributes to play in the NFL.

The running backs aren't worthy of comment.

Jason posted a very good piece on his site today, that included this bit:

I don’t think I have ever seen Rex Ryan so upset with his team than he was today. I don’t usually watch the post game press conference but I did today and he was just disappointed. There was no sugar coating anything. This wasn’t like “I thought we had a good week of practice” and then throwing out some positive stats in a loss. It was just a coach that had never seen his players get beat the way they did venting on a podium. Reading between the lines I think Ryan has finally come to the realization that the new practice rules hurt his team, which is a point I made last season. At the time Ryan blamed the sluggish play on lack of a real training camp, but its not that. When you have a team with average and below average talent they need to play perfect football. You only get that way in live practices. Without the contact you see the end result on the field which is no different than the Herman Edwards teams that could never tackle. The new rules turn everyone into that type of coach and Rex needs to learn how to work around it.
    You need to draft players with great fundamentals now, because you can't work on them in practice anymore. Rex knows how to fix the problems with the run defense by getting them out there on the practice field, with pads, and having them hit people. That's not an option anymore.

You only get 9 padded practices for the year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rex has already used more than half of them.

Guys like Coples need to be on the field as often as possible because it's the only way he's going to develop. He's not going to get better going half speed in shorts and shells during the week.

It's also hurting our running game. You can't practice running the ball anymore. The yards per carry around the league is plummeting. 60% of the league is below 4 yards per carry. The few teams that do run it well have dynamic backs. It's not a coincidence that Reggie Bush's career took off after the new CBA went into effect. He's hard to tackle and defenses don't practice tackling much anymore. Those are the only guys able to overcome the decline in run blocking. Line coaches are having a hard time "coaching up" their guys without the necessary practice time, and it's really separating the great linemen from the rest.

Practice time is now best spent on the passing game. That why you read reports from around the league of guys throwing 20-30 passes in 11-on-11s during training camp. We throw 10. Remember how we opened training camp this year with 20-something consecutive runs? Nice use of practice time that was.

So, getting back to your point, what does Rex and/or the front office do?

They have to completely change the philosophy of the organization. They have to adapt to the environment that is the new NFL. Fast and smart rules the day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need to clean house. Plain and simple from top to bottom. Get rid of as much as you can through trades and cuts and go through draft. Draft as much as possible. Rex, Tanny, EVERYONE has to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    After 3 pathetic weeks, the last being a total donut - what do you think t-Rex actually does? What about after the 27-3 cornholing enroute next Monday?

I really don't know. Bench mark? Can you ACTUALLY see them doing that? No way you can keep pretending like the ship's not on fire.
    There has to be a point when Sanchez gets benched. Ideally, it SHOULD have happened yesterday. If starts to struggle, and he likely will, he should be benched just so the CS can see if he can improve when he's observing the game. Sometimes it seems benching a player can be the best thing for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing. Ryan's silly confidence in this team already proves that the seasons done. I'm starting to come around to Tebow being the starter cause something needs to change. There's nothing the front office can do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I get it. Everyone's a master complainer here, but anything beyond that...

Once we get thumped through October we'll see Tebow. This regime doesn't do change well so I don't see anything actually changing till the bye.
    Dude your post was at 3 ****ing am

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    MikeT is the problem. We have zero playmakers on either side of the ball
    We drafted 3-4 DLineman in the first round two years in a row. Why?
    Neither is any better than someone we could have picked up in the 3rd.
    We have zero speed at RB while the Giants seem to find RB's in the late rounds every year
    Our WR core is a joke and our only solid O-lineman in Mangold is slipping.
    Plus our two inside LB are slow and a liability and our outside LB have zero explosion.
    Our front office put a premium on being big (slow) on defense and put no emphasis on offense.

Mike T has to go and he has to go now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The danger right now is that the front office sees the writing on the wall and feels that it has to "do something" to save their own jobs. I don't want Tannenbaum to have any authority any more to trade away draft picks, the life blood. of the future. That is how we got into this mess in the first place.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The danger right now is that the front office sees the writing on the wall and feels that it has to "do something" to save their own jobs. I don't want Tannenbaum to have any authority any more to trade away draft picks, the life blood. of the future. That is how we got into this mess in the first place.
    No rebuilding process can involve Tanny.
    He has leeched our roster

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start by benching MS for at least part/all of the next game. We have all seen the Tebow thing is a joke so we have to give McElroy a shot. Just execute the basics in a workman like manner. If McElroy continues to grow then he deserves a shot, if not MS goes back in. You still have to try.
    The immediated options are limited right now. If Sparano was another mistake, cut him out now. I think if Rex/Tanny don't do anything then it is curtains for the two of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

fire the gm for thinking it was a good idea to ignore the RB and OL positions during the entire offseason. We are a supposed ground and pound team and we went into training camp with Wayne Hunter and Shonne Green as starters. Unforgivable.

Fire him for not giving Sanchez better weapons that can help him now. Hill is a wonderful prospect with upside; but that is all he is right now and to not bring in another veteran WR/TE to help out is unforgivable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing rex is blindly loyal to players that suck........starting with the QB being the worst

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team is 2-2.
    You used a top 5 draft pick to get Sanchez.
    He won 4 road playoff games.
    You gave him another year extension this off season.

He's been terrible, but probably should get another 4-5 games before being yanked, once you sit him, his career as a Jet is over and your admitting it was a mistake to drafting him.

If the team is 3-6, 2-7, then you pull him... 4-5 and you let him stick it out... Maybe you get lucky (like the Giants)...

At 2-2, we're still very much in the mix.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nclion View Post
    No rebuilding process can involve Tanny.
    He has leeched our roster
    This! Dont know if Rex had any input in the draft picks the last couple of years but scoring is a priority in this league (today). We need weapons for our QB. We had the flight boys for one freakin year! It included 6'4 reciever that can back flip without putting his hands on the ground. Plus an old reliable veteren. But instead we focused on the defense for way to long.
    Instead we get hand me downs from other teams that in this season so far has been abysmal. Cant catch (seen w/ my own eyes), Cant break press defense (as said by commentators), and runs terrible routes (both!!)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The team is 2-2.

He's been terrible, but probably should get another 4-5 games before being yanked, once you sit him, his career as a Jet is over and your admitting it was a mistake to drafting him.

If the team is 3-6, 2-7, then you pull him... 4-5 and you let him stick it out... Maybe you get lucky (like the Giants)...

Logic... I hate it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I'm going back through the years, trying to find out how the team wound up like this.

There's not a single "good" unit on this team right now. The secondary has been reduced to average without Revis.

We've invested a lot in the defensive line in recent years, but they're not developing.

The linebackers are terrible. Can't cover or stop the run.

The offensive line is average in pass protection and can't run block for anything.

The receivers were bad when we had Holmes. Jeremy Kerley is going to be our #1 receiver next week. LOL!

The quarterback position is a complete mess. Sanchez is bad, Tebow is worse, and McElroy doesn't have the physical attributes to play in the NFL.

The running backs aren't worthy of comment.

Jason posted a very good piece on his site today, that included this bit:

You need to draft players with great fundamentals now, because you can't work on them in practice anymore. Rex knows how to fix the problems with the run defense by getting them out there on the practice field, with pads, and having them hit people. That's not an option anymore.

You only get 9 padded practices for the year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rex has already used more than half of them.

Guys like Coples need to be on the field as often as possible because it's the only way he's going to develop. He's not going to get better going half speed in shorts and shells during the week.

It's also hurting our running game. You can't practice running the ball anymore. The yards per carry around the league is plummeting. 60% of the league is below 4 yards per carry. The few teams that do run it well have dynamic backs. It's not a coincidence that Reggie Bush's career took off after the new CBA went into effect. He's hard to tackle and defenses don't practice tackling much anymore. Those are the only guys able to overcome the decline in run blocking. Line coaches are having a hard time "coaching up" their guys without the necessary practice time, and it's really separating the great linemen from the rest.

Practice time is now best spent on the passing game. That why you read reports from around the league of guys throwing 20-30 passes in 11-on-11s during training camp. We throw 10. Remember how we opened training camp this year with 20-something consecutive runs? Nice use of practice time that was.

So, getting back to your point, what does Rex and/or the front office do?

They have to completely change the philosophy of the organization. They have to adapt to the environment that is the new NFL. Fast and smart rules the day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The team is 2-2.

This....before the season, looking at the schedule, many were saying if we make it through the first 5 at 2-3 we were in pretty good shape due to the schedule late season. We are at 2-2 and it's time to clean house? Yesterday was the worst game we've played as a team since Rex took over, and it was against a very good SF team which exacerbated the whooping. The sky is not falling but the clouds are hanging pretty low.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The move is to go to tebow right now. Scrap this offense and run the denver offense from last year. The problem is, he weighs upwards of 250lbs and is a slug out there. F#ckin Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nclion View Post
    MikeT is the problem. We have zero playmakers on either side of the ball
    We drafted 3-4 DLineman in the first round two years in a row. Why?
    Neither is any better than someone we could have picked up in the 3rd.
    We have zero speed at RB while the Giants seem to find RB's in the late rounds every year
    Our WR core is a joke and our only solid O-lineman in Mangold is slipping.
    Plus our two inside LB are slow and a liability and our outside LB have zero explosion.
    Our front office put a premium on being big (slow) on defense and put no emphasis on offense.

Mike T has to go and he has to go now.
    Ummm now can we say that Reese of the Giants is a better GM and they seem to be fine with the cap!!!

It is a disgrace.....