Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign CB Berry.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute! Why are we picking up a CB??? We have Joe McNight!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    next year with revis/cro/berry should be the best trio in the league

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    next year with revis/cro/berry should be the best trio in the league
    Except that Revis and Cro will be gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Except that Revis and Cro will be gone.
    no way rex is dumb but not stupid.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no way rex is dumb but not stupid.
    Won't be Rex' call. He's gone after this season, too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be Rex' call. He's gone after this season, too.
    bill cowher will not cut or trade the best cbs in the league sorry not happening. this team lacks speedy lbs get a few and our defense is fixed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Good signing but would've been nice to have him here from the start of the season so he could've got the playbook down. I know Revis was healthy but Berry could've been the nickel or dime, and then been ready to step in to a starting role if necessary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    bill cowher will not cut or trade the best cbs in the league sorry not happening. this team lacks speedy lbs get a few and our defense is fixed.
    Agree that Woody hires either Cowher or Chucky. IMO, as a thread last week postulated, Revis has played his last game as a Jet. Maybe Cro sticks around, but Berry will either be cut before next season for being a JAG, or wind up in prison. Not sure if either Cro or Berry are Cowher type of guys.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree that Woody hires either Cowher or Chucky. IMO, as a thread last week postulated, Revis has played his last game as a Jet. Maybe Cro sticks around, but Berry will either be cut before next season for being a JAG, or wind up in prison. Not sure if either Cro or Berry are Cowher type of guys.
    How do you reach this conclusion? Who is trading for Revis in the last year of his deal and will offer something of value that makes it worthwhile to the Jets to trade him? Doubly so considering he's coming off an ACL injury.

Worse comes to worse, he plays out his deal, leaves as a FA and the Jets get a 3rd round comp pick for him. Better than getting whatever some other team will offer for him next year when he's still injured.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    How do you reach this conclusion? Who is trading for Revis in the last year of his deal and will offer something of value that makes it worthwhile to the Jets to trade him? Doubly so considering he's coming off an ACL injury.

Worse comes to worse, he plays out his deal, leaves as a FA and the Jets get a 3rd round comp pick for him. Better than getting whatever some other team will offer for him next year when he's still injured.
    No scientific (or logical) basis at all; just a vibe. I truly believe a total house cleaning is happening after this season. Assuming Revis can still play, Woody will cut bait with the perennially-disgruntled (regarding his contract b1tching/histrionics) Revis. Yeah, he'll take a hit, but after meeting with new HC Bill Cowher (or Chucky) they will look to install new offensive and defensive schemes together with players who actually give a f**k and want to play here and bring home a Lombardi.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great another criminal.

And this helps the O in what manner?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    No scientific (or logical) basis at all; just a vibe. I truly believe a total house cleaning is happening after this season. Assuming Revis can still play, Woody will cut bait with the perennially-disgruntled (regarding his contract b1tching/histrionics) Revis. Yeah, he'll take a hit, but after meeting with new HC Bill Cowher (or Chucky) they will look to install new offensive and defensive schemes together with players who actually give a f**k and want to play here and bring home a Lombardi.
    What has it been about Revis's play on the field that makes you think he doesn't give a ****? All the guy does is shut down anyone he plays against. If you want to indict Santonio for being a slug, I can see it. Revis? Uh uh.

Install any defense you want, Revis will be pretty ****ing good in all of them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What has it been about Revis's play on the field that makes you think he doesn't give a ****? All the guy does is shut down anyone he plays against. If you want to indict Santonio for being a slug, I can see it. Revis? Uh uh.

Install any defense you want, Revis will be pretty ****ing good in all of them.
    He plays on Sunday. No doubt. Also agree that there is no better corner in the NFL.

But, you must admit, that his contract renegotiation act is getting tired. Tanny/Woody work out a deal, he signs it, then wants to up it the next year or he'll sit . What? Get what you can for the guy and move on. having the "best corner in the league" has won us s hit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    He plays on Sunday. No doubt. Also agree that there is no better corner in the NFL.

But, you must admit, that his contract renegotiation act is getting tired. Tanny/Woody work out a deal, he signs it, then wants to up it the next year or he'll sit . What? Get what you can for the guy and move on. having the "best corner in the league" has won us s hit.
    Getting tired, sure, but I try to filter out the bullsh!t and worry about the product on the field. I usually don't get irritated at a player trying to maximize his paycheck. I do admit that Revis pushed that a bit, but at the end of the day, he transforms our defense. Yeah he hasn't won us sh!t but neither have D. Ware, JJ Watt or most other of the top defensive players in the league. Not sure that can be the measure of anything.

But, at the end of the day, if trading him is the best move for the team, I'm all for it. Problem is, what do you think we can get for him in the last year of his deal coming off an injury? A 3rd? 2nd? Perhaps the former, not sure about the latter. Why would we take a 3rd when we can have his services for a year and still get a comp pick?

Saying "take what you can get and move on" is emotion talking. He's not out in bar fights, driving drunk or beating his girlfriend. Whatever form of "rebuilding" this team is in come February, having a shutdown corner as the cornerstone of that effort helps.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Former Lions cornerback Aaron Berry agreed to a 2 year deal with the New York Jets, according to his agent @audieattar.

see what he brings.. im sure hes better than Lankster
    He is better then Wilson!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess we will have to wait for RICKY SAPP to heal ! I wanted that guy to burst onto the scene with tremendous speed and intensity!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't mind either one. I'd prefer a retread coach over a promoted coordinator learning on the job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    borgo - too early to assess rex's future. his response to this sitcuation will largely determine whether or not the org can trust him.

for tannenbaum, who gave him this crap roster, the writing is on the wall.

but it's still early in the season and anything can happen. Strange things happen over the course of a season.

We'll just have to see how the wagons circle for Rex.

Also, IMO, neither Cowher nor Gruden would touch this team with a ten foot pole. Cowher already declined some years ago...remember?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    borgo - too early to assess rex's future. his response to this sitcuation will largely determine whether or not the org can trust him.

for tannenbaum, who gave him this crap roster, the writing is on the wall.

but it's still early in the season and anything can happen. Strange things happen over the course of a season.

We'll just have to see how the wagons circle for Rex.

Also, IMO, neither Cowher nor Gruden would touch this team with a ten foot pole. Cowher already declined some years ago...remember?
    Cowher declined because he wanted to be HC/GM. At the time Woody wasn't going to fire Tanny. Now is a different story.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting tired, sure, but I try to filter out the bullsh!t and worry about the product on the field. I usually don't get irritated at a player trying to maximize his paycheck. I do admit that Revis pushed that a bit, but at the end of the day, he transforms our defense. Yeah he hasn't won us sh!t but neither have D. Ware, JJ Watt or most other of the top defensive players in the league. Not sure that can be the measure of anything.

But, at the end of the day, if trading him is the best move for the team, I'm all for it. Problem is, what do you think we can get for him in the last year of his deal coming off an injury? A 3rd? 2nd? Perhaps the former, not sure about the latter. Why would we take a 3rd when we can have his services for a year and still get a comp pick?

Saying "take what you can get and move on" is emotion talking. He's not out in bar fights, driving drunk or beating his girlfriend. Whatever form of "rebuilding" this team is in come February, having a shutdown corner as the cornerstone of that effort helps.
    You're right; and thoughtful post. Although I am glad with Revis at corner, I never respected him after he faked the "dizzy spells" in training camp two years ago (the contract renegotiation before this one. ) Like you, I think players should get all the money they can from an organization. But Revis never seems to be happy with the contracts he signs.