Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign CB Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Cowher declined because he wanted to be HC/GM. At the time Woody wasn't going to fire Tanny. Now is a different story.
    i didn't believe then that was the only reason he declined. and i still don't.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Would anyone like to put money on that?

Lol @ people wanting Rex gone and then clamoring for Cowher

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Slyvester got a ring in 14 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    borgo - too early to assess rex's future. his response to this sitcuation will largely determine whether or not the org can trust him.

for tannenbaum, who gave him this crap roster, the writing is on the wall.

but it's still early in the season and anything can happen. Strange things happen over the course of a season.

We'll just have to see how the wagons circle for Rex.

Also, IMO, neither Cowher nor Gruden would touch this team with a ten foot pole. Cowher already declined some years ago...remember?
    Sorry, DV, missed your post. I think either guy would do it if Woody gave them the keys to the franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sorry, DV, missed your post. I think either guy would do it if Woody gave them the keys to the franchise.
    I think Cowher is waiting for the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That's what he keeps saying. But, I don't think he ever expected Coughlin to last this long and get extended.

Plus, now that Coughlin has won another Super Bowl, and is securely ensconced in Giant/NFL lore, Cowher may not want to step in and fail, ruining his reputation.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's what he keeps saying. But, I don't think he ever expected Coughlin to last this long and get extended.

Plus, now that Coughlin has won another Super Bowl, and is securely ensconced in Giant/NFL lore, Cowher may not want to step in and fail, ruining his reputation.
    Pretty sure his daughter has graduated Princeton by now too. He lives in NC, people thought he might take the Panther job, maybe he doesn't want to coach?

Pretty sure his daughter has graduated Princeton by now too. He lives in NC, people thought he might take the Panther job, maybe he doesn't want to coach?
    All the greats want "one more shot" Look at Vermeil, Shanahan, Parcells.... If the money and situation were right, Cowher or Chucky would take the gig. Now, we only need to figure out if either of these two are still any good.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 10-01-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lives in Raleigh.

Why? He cant make them better. With the JETS...if he fails, well. The JETS suck and even Cowher cant fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Lives in Raleigh.
    Hot?

Jets Insider VIP
    Hot?
    huh?

huh?
    LOL. Just f**king around. This day has been too depressing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4625367]
    Pretty sure his daughter has graduated Princeton by now too. He lives in NC, people thought he might take the Panther job, maybe he doesn't want to coach?[/QUOTE]

All the greats want "one more shot" Look at Vermeil, Shanahan, Parcells.... If the money and situation were right, Cowher or Chucky would take the gig. Now, we only need to figure out if either of these two are still any good.
    Don't give up on Rex just yet, he is a D guy so he comes off wrong he is not a people person. Rex is going to have to bring that O around big time, I understand. The Revisless D held to 10 points deep in the 3rd, you know how many O's would kill for that set up. ST's is adequate. He gets the O in line and were in the game, and the hunt. Not this year, though.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 10-01-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

You're right; and thoughtful post. Although I am glad with Revis at corner, I never respected him after he faked the "dizzy spells" in training camp two years ago (the contract renegotiation before this one. ) Like you, I think players should get all the money they can from an organization. But Revis never seems to be happy with the contracts he signs.
    Hey, I hear ya. I was annoyed as well with Revis's contract antics. I distinctly remember posting something along the lines of " I realize its a business but Revis is acting like a real ahole. I'll get over it, but when I go and buy my boys their next Jet jerseys, my little protest against his nonsense is that I won't buy his jersey and have them wear it. Not much, but its something."

So, what happens? Several months later, the season is approaching....my oldest is getting really excited, so I take him and his brother to the store and what do I do? Buy him a damn Revis jersey, completely forgetting about pseudo-principled stance I tried to take.

The lesson to remember as usual, is.....I'm an idiot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lives in Raleigh.

Why? He cant make them better. With the JETS...if he fails, well. The JETS suck and even Cowher cant fix it!
    He wants to keep it in the family? It was prolly a discussion between the Mara's and Rooney's at their Christmas Eve party a couple of years ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hot?
    I hope she doesn't have his chin and mouth. That would be pretty scary.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4625425]

Don't give up on Rex just yet, he is a D guy so he comes off wrong he is not a people person. Rex is going to have to bring that O around big time, I understand. The Revisless D held to 10 points deep in the 3rd, you know how many O's would kill for that set up. ST's is adequate. He gets the O in line and were in the game, and the hunt. Not this year, though.
    Too late for me, Apache. I gave him a pass after year two. But after last year's debacle, and the impending cluster f**k this season will become, I'm done with Rex. I expected a better, more polished head coach than we got.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Hey, I hear ya. I was annoyed as well with Revis's contract antics. I distinctly remember posting something along the lines of " I realize its a business but Revis is acting like a real ahole. I'll get over it, but when I go and buy my boys their next Jet jerseys, my little protest against his nonsense is that I won't buy his jersey and have them wear it. Not much, but its something."

So, what happens? Several months later, the season is approaching....my oldest is getting really excited, so I take him and his brother to the store and what do I do? Buy him a damn Revis jersey, completely forgetting about pseudo-principled stance I tried to take.

The lesson to remember as usual, is.....I'm an idiot.
    LOL. He can wear it to Revis' enshrinement in Canton. All the time telling everyone within earshot your stance way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I hope she doesn't have his chin and mouth. That would be pretty scary.
    All I could imagine, too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4625507]

Too late for me, Apache. I gave him a pass after year two. But after last year's debacle, and the impending cluster f**k this season will become, I'm done with Rex. I expected a better, more polished head coach than we got.

Why does Rex need a pass for year 2? They were 11-5, beat the Pats in the playoffs and made it to the AFCG. That's a fairly successful season, no?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

Why does Rex need a pass for year 2? They were 11-5, beat the Pats in the playoffs and made it to the AFCG. That's a fairly successful season, no?

The defense not showing up in Pittsburgh bothered me a lot. It was like they were asleep, unprepared, and forgot basic fundamentals like tackling. I was shocked Rex had them so badly prepared.

But, you're right. The season was a success except for failing to make the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 10-01-2012 at 05:12 PM.