Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets sign CB Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Wait a minute! Why are we picking up a CB??? We have Joe McNight!
    The irony...

Jets are starving for a playmaker at the RB position. But Joe is too involved in ST's. And taking CB 101 lessons...to be seriously integrated into the offensive game plan. Makes sense.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4625507]
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post

Too late for me, Apache. I gave him a pass after year two. But after last year's debacle, and the impending cluster f**k this season will become, I'm done with Rex. I expected a better, more polished head coach than we got.

LOL. He can wear it to Revis' enshrinement in Canton. All the time telling everyone within earshot your stance way back when.

All I could imagine, too.
    Peter principle in effect...Rex should've stayed a defensive coach....like the other Ryan.

Veteran
    i think it's absurd for anyone to think that Revis and Cro won't be back next season. First off, Revis is under contract next season. He can't hold out. Cro is under contract next season, why would he hold out? Berry will be the nickle, and Wilson the 4th. Solid 4 CBs.

It'll be a death sentence for Tannenbaum if he doesn't get Revis under contract for upwards of 7-8 years. If he can't see how much that man means to this defense then he shouldn't be in the game of football (as if he hasn't already proven that).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i think it's absurd for anyone to think that Revis and Cro won't be back next season. First off, Revis is under contract next season. He can't hold out. Cro is under contract next season, why would he hold out? Berry will be the nickle, and Wilson the 4th. Solid 4 CBs.

It'll be a death sentence for Tannenbaum if he doesn't get Revis under contract for upwards of 7-8 years. If he can't see how much that man means to this defense then he shouldn't be in the game of football (as if he hasn't already proven that).
    Revis will be coming back from ACL surgery. If Tanny locks damaged goods for that kind of contract, he's dumber than he looks. And he looks pretty stupid.

Rookie
    Damn! What did you guys say after the 45-3 loss. I admit I was very pissed off too. Stop all the crap about Revis. He plays when he's out there not ever taking a play off. The one thing I noticed all corners doing is giving up when they think the ball won't be caught or will be out of bounds. If they would stop that there would be way more Int's and batted balls. Revis does hang longer than almost any other CB. We need to keep him and let him retire as a JET with no other uniforms in the mix. He is an original JET. We cannot let another HOF leave this team. IF it took Cower 14 years to win the big one then we have to let Rex get better too. I do think at this point Harbough does seem to be one of those rare great up and coming coaches. But at least the one in Balt seems to have a better front office than we do.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Since you know the Jets so well, who are the other "police line up screw ups" that you are talking about? Having 8 kids isn't a crime, and besides that we have one guy who was busted for pot. Who else did we bring in with a rap sheet? I'm sure you can tell me since you're insinuating this team is made up of bad guys and convicts as per your "longest yard" reference.
    um plax, holmes, and ellis that i know of of course ellis might have been after he was drafted.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You're absolutely right. I'd prefer to have choir boys on my team who get burned constantly.
    big difference, in football players, mefirst/fellons, and choirboys

personally i want the football players over the other two including choir boys but you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post

agree thats a solid core with an improving dl and hopefully a move to get younger faster lbs in here i agree with you.