Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10.01 Tweets, News and Updates

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You included a reference to "fans" who all saw this coming, a plug to those of you out there, yourself included, that all seem to feel you are in the know more than anybody else...

When I saw your thread, I wanted to applaud you for it, then I saw a post like this, it registers stale...

This much is certain, you don't practice what you preach, despite your arrogance.
    He has a right to be arrogant...8500 posts in a year...thats a damn lot

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    You must REALLY agree then.
    Haha I apologize. Double post on the phone, then I couldn't delete it.

Hall Of Fame
    You included a reference to "fans" who all saw this coming, a plug to those of you out there, yourself included, that all seem to feel you are in the know more than anybody else...

When I saw your thread, I wanted to applaud you for it, then I saw a post like this, it registers stale...

This much is certain, you don't practice what you preach, despite your arrogance.
    Ray, you give me too much credit.

I do not speak in riddles and there is no innuendo or underlying meaning to what I post. I was not trying to "plug" the fans whose beliefs align with mine.

Like I said, the organization is fair game for criticism. I do not hold other posters to the same standards as I hold the organization. Can't remember any time I have ever bragged about being "right" about a player or coach and rubbed it in another posters face. That was the essence of my thread. I asked the critics not to make it about other posters being right or wrong, rather make it about the organization. We are all fans. Call out/criticize the organization, not the fans.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-01-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Rex presser about to start:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/index.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

BEat writers talking baseball, lol

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    League source on the #Jets: "It’s going backward, and I don’t see it getting much better this year.” More in Audibles - http://bit.ly/QiHTjd

Posted Sept. 30, 2012 @ 9:31 p.m. ET
    By PFW staff

The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• “(Falcons WR) Roddy White got behind the corner and safety (in the Panthers’ 30-28 last-second loss). That’s ABC fundamental football in that situation not to let it happen. It’s on both the head coach (Ron Rivera) and the coordinator (Sean McDermott) to get that right. I think (Carolina) should have gone for it on 4th-and-1 (at the Atlanta 45 with 1:44 left). They needed an inch. Cam (Newton) is 6-foot-6 and had a chance to redeem himself after fumbling. If you don’t get the first down in that situation, you deserve to lose. Any way you look at it, I think it falls back on the head coach for not finding a better way to control the game at the end.”

• “Falcons (OLT) Sam Baker was hurt all last year and playing through injury. He has played better. (ORT) Tyson Clabo is one of the most underappreciated tackles in the game — he is very consistent. I was worried about the line early and wasn’t sure how the back end was going to hold up without Brent Grimes, but the safeties (Thomas DeCoud and William Moore) have played really well. And Julio Jones has taken the next step.”

• “How many guys have been good enough to get into the (Pro Football Hall of Fame) in multiple capacities *— as players and coaches or executives? (Ravens GM) Ozzie (Newsome) is one of the few. Mike Ditka would probably not make it as a coach, but Ozzie has done a terrific job in both areas. It’s a credit to him.”

• “What’s interesting to me about the referee situation: I talked to one of the refs who has done Super Bowls and really works at his craft. The problem for the NFL — when you’re paying a head coach, you’re talking about year-round preparation. Coaches work all week and all year. There is no true offseason anymore. How much preparation do you think referees are doing? The good ones study tape during the week, but a lot of them just show up on Saturday and leave Sunday and they are done. That is why the NFL wanted a bench with different crews. They wanted to weed out those that don’t prepare properly and bring accountability.”

• “It’s way too early to be talking about the Super Bowl. Look at all the past Super Bowl winners and who started hot and cold. It’s not where you start — it’s where you finish. There are so many injuries that take place. Where was New York at this time last year? Everyone thought they were awful but they got healthy at the right time. Early on, the entire key is preserving and staying healthy and then it comes down to being able to find your groove late in the season down the stretch. The teams that are healthy late in the season and come together are the teams that have the best chance. We’re not close to being there yet.”

• “(Cowboys ILB) Sean Lee got blind-sided and blown up by (Seahawks WR) Golden Tate, but if that has never happened to you before you have not played football very long. Everyone gets knocked off their feet at some point in their career. You learn from it. What I think is most impressive is look what happened in that game — Lee bounced back and had 21 tackles (according to the team). You don’t think it bothered him. It tied an all-time record. Sean Lee has quietly become one of the best linebackers in football.”

• “The Jets are a bad football team with too many issues to compete this year. It’s going backward, and I don’t see it getting much better this year.”

• “(Broncos CB) Chris Harris is very underrated. I’d say he may be the most underrated cornerback in the league right now. When the Broncos did not have him on Monday night against Atlanta, they felt it. Good (nickel backs) are hard to find.”

• “(Patriots rookie DE) Chandler Jones had one great move against Tennessee (in the opener) and really has not rushed the passer since. Those rookies are playing a lot of reps and not getting waved much. That does not make it easy.”

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, you give me too much credit.

I do not speak in riddles and there is no innuendo or underlying meaning to what I post. I was not trying to "plug" the fans whose beliefs align with mine.

Like I said, the organization is fair game for criticism. I do not hold other posters to the same standards as I hold the organization. Can't remember any time I have ever bragged about being "right" about a player or coach and rubbed it in another posters face. That was the essence of my thread. I asked the critics not to make it about other posters being right or wrong, rather make it about the organization. We are all fans.
    Like I said, I saw your thread yesterday, and it was a good one, a thread I didn't expect coming from you.

As much as you or others are tired of me and my perceived pedestal when it comes to fans lashing out, I am equally as tired in reverse.

But I will not accept being criticized for wanting to be bigger or better than other fans because I don't have a doom and gloom outlook all the time.

We all suffer as fans when the team struggles, we're all die-hards, I'm no different than any other fan, and I will not condemn anybody for being a fan and being emotional, it's the emotion that results in behavior and actions that make no sense.

Obviously, the organization is subjected to criticism, that is never the case with me, it's the lack of awareness and inability to try to remove one self from that emotion, and try to look at things analytically, and realize there are 31 other teams in this league all striving for the same thing, things are never as good as they appear and never as bad.

It seems there are a contingent on this board that feel all good about themselves because of the game yesterday, and that is not only sad and pathetic, it pisses me off!

Veteran
    Like I said, I saw your thread yesterday, and it was a good one, a thread I didn't expect coming from you.

As much as you or others are tired of me and my perceived pedestal when it comes to fans lashing out, I am equally as tired in reverse.

But I will not accept being criticized for wanting to be bigger or better than other fans because I don't have a doom and gloom outlook all the time.

We all suffer as fans when the team struggles, we're all die-hards, I'm no different than any other fan, and I will not condemn anybody for being a fan and being emotional, it's the emotion that results in behavior and actions that make no sense.

Obviously, the organization is subjected to criticism, that is never the case with me, it's the lack of awareness and inability to try to remove one self from that emotion, and try to look at things analytically, and realize there are 31 other teams in this league all striving for the same thing, things are never as good as they appear and never as bad.

It seems there are a contingent on this board that feel all good about themselves because of the game yesterday, and that is not only sad and pathetic, it pisses me off!
    THIS!

All League

He won't show up, just like the team didn't yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    BEat writers talking baseball, lol
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Rex Ryan presser was due to begin at noon. Delay of game.

Hall Of Fame

Ray, your scope is different from everyone else's. We are fans. Everything is emotional. Your bar is too high for the fans and IMO too low for the organization. IMO, you have it backwards. I do not expect fans to be a good GM, but I expect Tanny to be one, which is why I don't care if fans criticize without offering a solution. It is not their job to.

That is why I said I do not hold fans to the same standards as I hold the organization. Which is why I try my best not to criticize fans. I don't care about being right or wrong about a player and the need to brag about it. Like I said, we are all losers in this b.c the team stinks, so there is no consolation in "I told you so".

I'd like to believe that their aren't fans that are happy about yesterday and the state of the organization, but I agree they do exist. It is a shame, but it is meaningless battle to fight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    As always.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Amazing how the fans saw this coming a year in advance and the FO and coaching staff did not. The Jets are a reactive organization, not a proactive one.

From the top down.
    It's amazing, as well, that some posters have been demonized on the board as not "true fans" because they saw this coming a year in advance and expressed how incompetent this current owner, HC, and GM are.

Hope the JETS players and staff enjoy the next two paid days off.......

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    It's amazing, as well, that some posters have been demonized on the board as not "true fans" because they saw this coming a year in advance and expressed how incompetent this current owner, HC, and GM are.

Hope the JETS players and staff enjoy the next two paid days off.......
    ah crap its a monday night game isnt it

Hall Of Fame
    Rex is looking at himself in a mirror right now telling himself,

"you are good enough, you are smart enough and dog gone it, people like you"

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Just started.... he has said "You Know" at least 15 times already.

He is INARTICULATE!

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Santonio Holmes' MRI is getting shipped to "different places," Rex said. He says he's not sure how many weeks he will miss.

Rex is unsure of timetable on Santonio Holmes' return. He says it's good news that X-rays were negative. He won't play this week.

Rex says the team is "trying to figure out exactly what it is" with Holmes' injury. Rex says "it's hard to say" if it's Lisfranc injury.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex says MRI is being sent "different people." Says it "obviously looks doubtful for this week" for Holmes. "It's going to take some time"

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    ACL has been ruled out, Rex said.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-01-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Doesn't know what a Lisfranc is, really?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Doesn't know what a Lisfranc is, really?
    He sounds like a beaten man.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex on Mark: "he's definitely our guy. I'm confident we'll come back. I'm confident we'll respond."

Rex said the #jets are repeating the same mistakes which is why it's coaches only these next two days. Looking for a new solution

"I just know in my heart that this is not the right time," Ryan said of QB change.