Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am tired of defending Sanchez,but....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I am tired of defending Sanchez,but....

We have zero offensive threats, nobody in the league is afraid of tone, Curley and Hill cant get off the line...and Keller well he is average at best. The running game is non-existent, don't know why Rex is staying with Shonn, Powell looks ready to take over. Please don't tell me its Tebow time, its not the answer....I would rather have Mc Elroy start with the "Tebow Package".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    We have zero offensive threats, nobody in the league is afraid of tone, Curley and Hill cant get off the line...and Keller well he is average at best. The running game is non-existent, don't know why Rex is staying with Shonn, Powell looks ready to take over. Please don't tell me its Tebow time, its not the answer....I would rather have Mc Elroy start with the "Tebow Package".
    Were you saying this after the Buffalo game?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Agree completely. Mark Sanchez is not the problem. It's the horrible receiving targets, horrible RB, and below-average OL that are causing our offensive woes.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have zero offensive threats, nobody in the league is afraid of tone, Curley and Hill cant get off the line...and Keller well he is average at best. The running game is non-existent, don't know why Rex is staying with Shonn, Powell looks ready to take over. Please don't tell me its Tebow time, its not the answer....I would rather have McElroy start with the "Tebow Package".
    Please explain how Ryan Tannehill looked like Dan Marinio yesterday on the road, against and excellent defense, with clowns like hartline, bess and fasano?

Difference is tannehill is making clown recievers look good while sanchez is making clown receiver look like clowns.

Stop the excuses. Just stop the excuses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree completely. Mark Sanchez is not the problem.
    SAR, I like you buddy but we all know evaluating the qb position is not one of your strengths. Leave this to the expert. Sanchez stinks. Its over SAR.

Join me on the Jay Gruden in 2013 bandwagon and a 1st round qb pick to go with him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Agree completely. Mark Sanchez is not the problem. It's the horrible receiving targets, horrible RB, and below-average OL that are causing our offensive woes.

SAR I
    I applaud you for being out front on some of the issues with this team. But you need a reality check when it comes to Sanchez.

Tanny, Rex, and Sanchez. All for one and one for all. They are joined at the hip. If we are going to reset this then we need to do a proper blow up.

Sanchez is in Year 4. The sample size is large enough now. You want to blame the lack of big plays b.c he has no targets then fine. But Sanchez is grossly inaccurate and a horrendous decision maker. Two things that he as nobody to blame but himself. Two things that he has shown no ability to overcome. Two things that have killed this team. We win in spite of him, not because of him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

SAR I
    And lets face it he hasn't had his number 1 target since week 1 in keller, who I value much higher than most of you do on this board.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Were you saying this after the Buffalo game?
    No I was not, Hill played a good game and was not pressed at the line. The buffalo game was one that just fell into place good field position, good special teams play, defensive scoring...Ohh yea and #24 on defense..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

SAR I
    I'm sorry Sanchez cannot be absolved totally. That screen interception as well as the fumble prior to the end of the first half were inexcusable.

The talent around him is not great, I agree, but to totally excuse him would be wrong.

BTW, anyone who wants to bench Sanchez for Tebow at his point is clueless

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I applaud you for being out front on some of the issues with this team. But you need a reality check when it comes to Sanchez.

Tanny, Rex, and Sanchez. All for one and one for all. They are joined at the hip. If we are going to reset this then we need to do a proper blow up.

Sanchez is in Year 4. The sample size is large enough now. You want to blame the lack of big plays b.c he has no targets then fine. But Sanchez is grossly inaccurate and a horrendous decision maker. Two things that he as nobody to blame but himself. Two things that he has shown no ability to overcome. Two things that have killed this team. We win in spite of him, not because of him.
    I will let the entire season play out before my final opinion comes out on the kid...I do remember most people on this board were loving him after week 1. He has played 3 stout defenses since and has not had his full set of mediocre weapons yet.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    SAR, I like you buddy but we all know evaluating the qb position is not one of your strengths. Leave this to the expert. Sanchez stinks. Its over SAR.

Join me on the Jay Gruden in 2013 bandwagon and a 1st round qb pick to go with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

You are correct that this isn't my strength, but I've seen Sanchez perform brilliantly under tremendous pressure when given a decent supporting cast.

It's not like those who loved Pennington because of his personality. Personally, I don't like Sanchez' personality at all. I've seen him do great things and think he's just being mishandled and unsupported. Not to mention, the guy is Superman, resists injury unlike any QB I've ever seen.

Don't you want to see how he would perform with our next head coach, new group of receivers, an actual running game? Have the 5th year QB as the on-field 'glue', the veteran to hold us together?

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok we get it, you HATE Sanchez. Would we be better with a better QB, probably. Would we be alot better? Probably not. Ignoring the facts to push your agenda weakens your argument. I'd go as far as to say that a top tier RB would help this team more than a high end QB at this point. Sanchez has been abysmal these last 3 weeks, but he has shown he can get it done in the past. The whole team stunk yesterday, no way to sugar coat that. Everything needs an upgrade, problem is you can't upgrade everything. RB needs the most attention, then WR, then QB, the OL could use some tweaking as well. And no, I'm not being a Sanchez apologist, he has been under-achieving this year. I'm not going to pin all the problems of this offense on one guy after watching the debacle that was yesterday's game. Yes he is part of the problem, is he the biggest part of the problem? I'm not so sure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weapons or no weapons, sanchez ist he one who fumbled in a HUGE spot.

Sanchez is the one who AGAIN threw a pick on a screen.

Sanchez is the one who was inaccurate all game.

I have defended him for years....but if you keep making the same mistakes, there is nothing we can do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I'm sorry Sanchez cannot be absolved totally. That screen interception as well as the fumble prior to the end of the first half were inexcusable.

The talent around him is not great, I agree, but to totally excuse him would be wrong.

BTW, anyone who wants to bench Sanchez for Tebow at his point is clueless
    Mark is playing very badly right now, no question.

But being honest, I don't think Joe Montana would be doing any better with the XFL caliber talent we've surrounded him with.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please explain how Ryan Tannehill looked like Dan Marinio yesterday on the road, against and excellent defense, with clowns like hartline, bess and fasano?

Difference is tannehill is making clown recievers look good while sanchez is making clown receiver look like clowns.

Its called a good running game, its called a offensive threat..The defense is kept honest and has to respect the run game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

/thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a Sanchez supporter and AGREE with everything about the lack of talent which brings me to the conclusion that Tebow should start.

Tebow has a better chance of winning without talent on the offensive side of the ball than either Sanchez or McElroy.

give Sanchez some talent or even McElroy and I'll say they're the better option - but Tebow can make things happen with nothing around him - that's the only option the Jets have now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill gets off the line just fine he just can't catch at this point in his career

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Up till last week Sanchez had my support but after a poor effort against Miami and yesterday's game he has to go. Tebow isn't the answer either but he might give a bigger effort for the remaining schedule.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you want to see how he would perform with our next head coach, new group of receivers, an actual running game? Have the 5th year QB as the on-field 'glue', the veteran to hold us together?

SAR I
    Yes. But the man you describe is not Mark Sanchez. He is not a leader or field general. Braylon made him look good because he used to jump 4 feet in the air to grab a pass that was terribly thrown. Those passes have been incomplete or INT the past two years. He gets hit once and is done. I watched Kevin Kolb get his brains beat in yesterday and get up each and every play and hang in there and make some throws. I give Sanchez credit for getting up but that does not make him tough. He gets rattled easily.

I have no way of proving this but I am getting the impression that football is not as important to Mark Sanchez as it should be. I hate his demeanor in press conferences. People will argue that he is saying the right things, which is true but his performance is matching his words. He has become a good loser. How does that saying go? Show me a good loser and . . .