Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am tired of defending Sanchez,but....

All League
    I will say that Mark's play the lasty 3 weeks has moved me from supporter to doubter....but with that being said:

How many of you posters calling for a complete rehaul of the team would take Alex Smith on the Jets right now?

You might want to check out his stats for his first 4 years because solely based on that, Sanchez SHOULD turn into a better QB than Alex Smith is currently.

All Pro
    Look at what other teams do, then compare.

The Falcons have Ryan, so to take pressure off the brought in Michael Turner, then traded for an all time great TE, brought in Roddy White, then traded up for Julio Jones.

The Ravens draft Joe Flacco. So they bring in Ray Rice and a host of WR.

The Jets draft Marc Sanchez. They then trade up for Shonne Greene and Dustin Keller. Trade for Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes. Let Braylon go. Allow their OL to break down. Add no speed at WR. I'll give credit, Kerley looks like a decent slot guy.

Every good passing team has a WR where the QB can throw it up and the WR can go get it. We have No One like that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Don't you want to see how he would perform with our next head coach, new group of receivers, an actual running game? Have the 5th year QB as the on-field 'glue', the veteran to hold us together?

SAR I
    Nope, As a former Sanchez supporter I've seen enough. Pull the plug on him Rex and Tanny. Start the franchise over.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Please explain how Ryan Tannehill looked like Dan Marinio yesterday on the road, against and excellent defense, with clowns like hartline, bess and fasano?

Difference is tannehill is making clown recievers look good while sanchez is making clown receiver look like clowns.

Stop the excuses. Just stop the excuses.
    excellent post. I was thinking the same. looking for a reason to not blame Sanchez.... have the jets done any favors to him by bringing in tebow and lack of talent, NO! this guy just doesn't get it and besides a few games out of 40 odd games he just doesn't loo good back there. Sanchez has to go!!

Tannenhill looks like a decent qb after 3 4 games. Sanchez rarely looks good. Miami offense is as terrible as jets and e looks good. weeden has no wrs and e looked serviceable agains a good ravens def.
    Last edited by Play2Win; 10-01-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Rookie
    Sanchez is garbage. I'm ready to say it now. The interception on the screen I could have made a better throw than that. The overthrow to cumberland in the red zone last week, I could have made that throw. Once a tiny bit of pressure gets in his face he crumbles and loses all his mechanics. That isn't something you coach. That's something you see and say stop being a puussie

Some people don't have it. Sanchez does not have it. In your fourth year at qb there are certain plays you have to make by now. Sparano is a good oc, Ryan is a good head coach. Sanchez cannot play. We need to cut bait and look for another option at qb. I guarantee Sanchez does not throw better than 50% against houston already.

Keep an eye on the transaction wire, It will be interesting to see what/when we do or don't with MclRoy. We're stuck between a mess and a Tebow

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes. But the man you describe is not Mark Sanchez. He is not a leader or field general. Braylon made him look good because he used to jump 4 feet in the air to grab a pass that was terribly thrown. Those passes have been incomplete or INT the past two years. He gets hit once and is done. I watched Kevin Kolb get his brains beat in yesterday and get up each and every play and hang in there and make some throws. I give Sanchez credit for getting up but that does not make him tough. He gets rattled easily.

I have no way of proving this but I am getting the impression that football is not as important to Mark Sanchez as it should be. I hate his demeanor in press conferences. People will argue that he is saying the right things, which is true but his performance is matching his words. He has become a good loser. How does that saying go? Show me a good loser and . . .

Watching Sanchez after the game look so apathetic is starting to disgust me. It's like "let me just sit here and bull**** everyone, say the right things while I count my millions and bang supermodels and actresses."

Not that theres anything wrong with the last part

Anyone see that diving backwards catch by Hixon, or the one handed grab by Bradshaw. Our guys would have been an overthrown, or an excuse that a RB needs perfectly thrown ball with just the right height and velocity, and to make sure he is staring at you before it is thrown.

Manning's receivers consistently break tackles and take it to the house. No one will speak a word of that end zone pick, or the one that was dropped by the defender in the first half (also in the end zone).

+1

Agree completely. Mark Sanchez is not the problem. It's the horrible receiving targets, horrible RB, and below-average OL that are causing our offensive woes.

SAR I
    Incorrect, he is a HUGE part of the problem. He plays the most important position on the field. He was getting a good amount of time to throw yesterday. Take away the dropped passes, take away the poor running game, you still have a half dozen plays a game where he simply baldy misses an open receiver. He also horribly turns over the ball at the worst times. And he does this all the friggin time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Incorrect, he is a HUGE part of the problem. He plays the most important position on the field. He was getting a good amount of time to throw yesterday. Take away the dropped passes, take away the poor running game, you still have a half dozen plays a game where he simply baldy misses an open receiver. He also horribly turns over the ball at the worst times. And he does this all the friggin time.
    I agree. Give him this year because like I have mentioned in other threads, if it is to be bad let it be realllly bad. If he makes me eat crow, awesome b/c this team won't need a reboot. But most likely it will... not looking forward to my first 22-film breakdown being this game. I am sure you can't wait for that Beer lol

Rookie
    I didn't like the decision to trade up for Sanchez, in fact I hated it, but had may friends telling me I was being a SOJF. That said, over the years he grew on me.. don't think he would ever be great but think he could be good enough to win with. That said, I expected him to improve this year, especially as it relates to comp % and ball protection. That fumble is what kills me the most. Can't have it.

There are no more excuses.. its on him. I think you give him 3 more games and to sink even further or swim. Then you can move on... there is no point to making a change now, you don't have anything to go to.

My issue is that I think the lack of FO direction has lead us to this point. Call Sanchez mentally weak if you want because he has allowed that to impact him, but the lack of talent on offense is a joke. Its something many have pointed to since training camp through the preseason games. Started with the crippling #1 money given to an average (at best) #2... Rex and Tanny laughing about being smarter then the rest of the league. What fking joke. The constant changing of WRs has been absurd. The one big move on offense is bringing in a slow plodding college option QB. Brilliant. Anyone wish we had Stanton and that pick right now?

In this thread someone said Braylon made Sanzhez look good.. no schit! ...that is what good WRs do. Did anyone see Matt Ryan's throw on the game winning drive? Throw it up for grabs and White got it. Kolb? Does the same thing with Fitz. Literally just throw it up and these types of guys go and get it. We have a bottom 3 group of skill talent on this team. Please don't take this as a defense of Sanchez.. its simply fact.

The coach is a carnival barker, a d coordinator masquerading as a head coach. Talent has gotten worse every year since he has been here. The OC? Another joke move.. you finally move on from Schotty and you go and get a failed head coach who has never been an OC? ..it makes no sense.

To add to remarkable plays by WR's, did you guys see the catch by Hixon fully stretch backwards going for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I applaud you for being out front on some of the issues with this team. But you need a reality check when it comes to Sanchez.

Tanny, Rex, and Sanchez. All for one and one for all. They are joined at the hip. If we are going to reset this then we need to do a proper blow up.

Sanchez is in Year 4. The sample size is large enough now. You want to blame the lack of big plays b.c he has no targets then fine. But Sanchez is grossly inaccurate and a horrendous decision maker. Two things that he as nobody to blame but himself. Two things that he has shown no ability to overcome. Two things that have killed this team. We win in spite of him, not because of him.
    I also question his ability to read defenses, which could of course lead to terrible decision making..

Look at this offense..It can't get much simpler, which I think hey have done for him..JMO. There is no creativity to it at all. Sparano said so himself when he was hired his offense would be easier for the QB reads..

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I also question his ability to read defenses, which could of course lead to terrible decision making..

Look at this offense..It can't get much simpler, which I think hey have done for him..JMO. There is no creativity to it at all. Sparano said so himself when he was hired his offense would be easier for the QB reads..
    sanchez can't get it done often enough. you watch other games and realize how bad he really is. there's no shame in admitting you made a mistake in qb. the shame is in sticking with him too long and never admitting the error. you draft another and try again.

All this "lack of talent on offense" stuff...Have the Pats had an abundance of "talent" on offense the past 10 yrs (besides Brady)....

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Sanchez is clearly looking rattled and can't find anybody open. The kid also is making his fair share of mistakes (the fumble and interception were rookie-year exceptiions, fourth-year = unforgivable), and the OL is better than last year (not saying much), but the lack of open recievers and the inability to get completions when they are open is very discouraging.

Tebow is a tremendous athlete with a great attitude, fiery, competitive, never say die and "let's go!" nature. With our lack of targets, he could run an offense where we could beat some average-to-bad teams. But we would rarely to never win against a good team with it. Him mixed in with the existing offense ***like a lot of us thought we would do*** probably wouldn't hurt... but what are we saving it for? The Pats? It's too late... I guess I was wrong on how we were gonna' use him like a dynamic weapon. Remind me why we got him if we don't use him as a H-back/Wildcat QB/FB/TE? Kind of... like... wtf?!

McElroy is a great unknown. He looks smart, poised, and tough. Looks like he may be a born leader. But everyone keeps saying his arm is a noodle. I'd like to see him play, too. I've heard "experts" say in the past that some pretty good QBs had crappy arms coming out of college and wound up being excellent pros. Who knows?!

But damn.. with the offense we are fielding right now... any QB is gonna' look like a hapless, talentless dumb@$$.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 10-01-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    All this "lack of talent on offense" stuff...Have the Pats had an abundance of "talent" on offense the past 10 yrs (besides Brady)....
    That Randy Moss guy was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I agree. Give him this year because like I have mentioned in other threads, if it is to be bad let it be realllly bad. If he makes me eat crow, awesome b/c this team won't need a reboot. But most likely it will... not looking forward to my first 22-film breakdown being this game. I am sure you can't wait for that Beer lol
    Problem is what do you do next year? He's locked in for $10mm?

I guess if you have no expectation of winning next year as well you can have Sanchez as your back up.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Problem is what do you do next year? He's locked in for $10mm?

I guess if you have no expectation of winning next year as well you can have Sanchez as your back up.
    at this point the best case is they draft a promising qb and start sanchez next year. sanchez would probably stink it up and they'd bench him at some point.

+1

Agree completely. Mark Sanchez is not the problem. It's the horrible receiving targets, horrible RB, and below-average OL that are causing our offensive woes.

SAR I
    Mark Sanchez is not the problem? LMAO I needed a good laugh, keep em coming. Ryan Tannehil just threw for 430 yards on a good D with his best target being Brian Hartline. And you're absolving Sanchez of any blame because his supporting cast is bad? Too funny....