Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

Thread: I am tired of defending Sanchez,but....

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    That Randy Moss guy was OK.
    yeah for 2 seasons...and Moss has done squat since the Pats released him....what else you got

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    at this point the best case is they draft a promising qb and start sanchez next year. sanchez would probably stink it up and they'd bench him at some point.
    That's actually a good point. You let the draft pick watch for a couple of games and then bring him in once Sanchez falls apart.

    Then you could either trade him mid-season to a team in need of a QB or simply let him go after most of the year as a back-up...

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That's actually a good point. You let the draft pick watch for a couple of games and then bring him in once Sanchez falls apart.

    Then you could either trade him mid-season to a team in need of a QB or simply let him go after most of the year as a back-up...
    this was the last chance for sanchez and maybe tebow too. the offense is stale and lacks enthusiasm.

  4. #44

    JETS OFFENSIVE TALENT AT LOW POINT; S. GREENE REGRESSING

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Please explain how Ryan Tannehill looked like Dan Marinio yesterday on the road, against and excellent defense, with clowns like hartline, bess and fasano?

    Difference is tannehill is making clown recievers look good while sanchez is making clown receiver look like clowns.

    Stop the excuses. Just stop the excuses.
    .I don't hate Greene I just don't understand what happened to him.


    He was a beast at Iowa and coming out into the NFL. He wasn’t overworked his rookie year because Thomas Jones carried the load the early part of the year . Then he started getting nicked up and missing time. I’m wondering if he’s 100% at all, or did all those injuries take the aggression out of him. He is not the same runner as he was three years ago. Normally you say that about a RB when he hits 30 – Greene is still in his mid-20’s, and he’s become useless. He is not a third down back because he doesn’t catch the ball well. He is not a short yardage back because he can’t explode into a hole. The only sure thing should be that once his contract is up he won’t be getting big money to come back, if he comes back at all.
    .

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    .I don't hate Greene I just don't understand what happened to him.


    He was a beast at Iowa and coming out into the NFL. He wasn’t overworked his rookie year because Thomas Jones carried the load the early part of the year . Then he started getting nicked up and missing time. I’m wondering if he’s 100% at all, or did all those injuries take the aggression out of him. He is not the same runner as he was three years ago. Normally you say that about a RB when he hits 30 – Greene is still in his mid-20’s, and he’s become useless. He is not a third down back because he doesn’t catch the ball well. He is not a short yardage back because he can’t explode into a hole. The only sure thing should be that once his contract is up he won’t be getting big money to come back, if he comes back at all.
    .
    I don’t what happened, but have to agree Greene and Harris (on D) for whatever reason really lost their explosiveness/speed.

    If those 2 guys were playing true to their best form, this team would be a heck of a lot better.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Hill gets off the line just fine he just can't catch at this point in his career
    Hill and Curly can not handle a press...

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Hill gets off the line just fine he just can't catch at this point in his career
    They can not release with press coverage. Both Hill and Kerley will be ok with time, getting a release will come with coaching. I do agree the kid needs to be on the jug machine after practice..
    Last edited by jets80; 10-01-2012 at 11:45 AM.

  8. #48
    I can't believe there are still people (even a small majority) that defend Sanchez's play because of his supporting cast. Yeah, those guys are nothing to write home about, but I laugh at the thought of a great QB faring just as poorly as Sanchez does with this offense.

    Would a great QB throw two hospital passes in a row, getting Kerley knocked silly and almost killing Holmes? Would a great QB get picked off on a screen pass for the third time 6 games? Would a great QB make the horrible decision (and throw) on the pass to Cumberland that was literally in the bread basket of the LBer who dropped it? Would a great QB get skittish in the pocket with all day to throw?

    These are not bad plays that result from a poor cast. It's just bad QB play, period. Yeah, there are times when the receivers don't get open, or the line doesn't hold up the way you want it to. But when the line protects, and the receivers are open, Sanchez still fails to make it happen.

    That's how he should be judged, and if you judge him on that criteria there's no way you can give him anything other than a failing grade.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You are correct that this isn't my strength, but I've seen Sanchez perform brilliantly under tremendous pressure when given a decent supporting cast.

    It's not like those who loved Pennington because of his personality. Personally, I don't like Sanchez' personality at all. I've seen him do great things and think he's just being mishandled and unsupported. Not to mention, the guy is Superman, resists injury unlike any QB I've ever seen.

    Don't you want to see how he would perform with our next head coach, new group of receivers, an actual running game? Have the 5th year QB as the on-field 'glue', the veteran to hold us together?

    SAR I
    great f-ing post


    i couldnt agree more

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    We have zero offensive threats, nobody in the league is afraid of tone, Curley and Hill cant get off the line...and Keller well he is average at best. The running game is non-existent, don't know why Rex is staying with Shonn, Powell looks ready to take over. Please don't tell me its Tebow time, its not the answer....I would rather have Mc Elroy start with the "Tebow Package".

    I have always wanted Sanchez to succeed but it is not happening. Did you see the game yesterday. Plenty of throws to open receivers and alot of time to throw and overthrowing by 10 feet over their heads, short throws into the ground, 5 feet behind them on short passes. He always has the deer in the headlights look, never seems in charge and continues to make very bad rookie decisions and throws into coverage all the time.. enough is enough.

    I don;t want Tebow either. Let's see what McElory has. I know he has only experience agains subs, but he has the understanding and smarts to get it done from what I see. Let's give him a shot. It sure is not working with what we have right now. 2 TD's in 11 quarters is dismal.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

    Agree completely. Mark Sanchez is not the problem. It's the horrible receiving targets, horrible RB, and below-average OL that are causing our offensive woes.

    SAR I
    I agree we have problems there as well, but did you see the game? Seriously. when he had all the time in the world he was not even coming close to the wide open receiver. Serious overthrows and also continues to throw into double and triple coverage.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That's actually a good point. You let the draft pick watch for a couple of games and then bring him in once Sanchez falls apart.

    Then you could either trade him mid-season to a team in need of a QB or simply let him go after most of the year as a back-up...
    If the Jets implode as many are expecting…

    I think you get McElroy on the field for the last 4 games or so, see what you have there and trade/release Sanchez next year. He’s a distraction and there’s no reason to keep is sulky butt on the roster.

    While you’re at it, you release Tebow too, who is also an unnecessary distraction. The entire reason he was brought in was to take snaps from a QB the team viewed as average at best.

    Sign a vet, draft a QB, keep McElroy to compete/or as a backup depending on how he plays this year.

    Start accumulating draft picks/stop giving them away too…

    That would be my plan anyway…

  13. #53
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    All this "lack of talent on offense" stuff...Have the Pats had an abundance of "talent" on offense the past 10 yrs (besides Brady)....
    You are talking about Tom Brady, his name should not even be mentioned in this..Talking Brady vrs Sanchez is not the question Brady can win with a lot less talent around him Mark cant, this does not mean mark is not a good qb. So if you want to keep changing qbs till you find the next Tom Brady good luck, seems a lot easier to surround the qb you have with some talent.

  14. #54
    I'm ready for McElroy, I watch a lot of NFL football and Sanchez just doesn't make enough plays, everything HAS to be perfect for him to be accurate, he gets rushed and all of a sudden even when he has time he gets flustered and throws inaccurately. There was one play yesterday, I think it was a 7-0 game, big 3rd down, Holmes wide open on a corner route for 20+ yards, ball is 15 feet over his head.

    Right there, I said its over for the Sanchez era. Just too little margin for error with the guy. Not everything is gonna be perfect, Tannenhill was getting hit all game, his #1 target is a white guy and he torches a top 5 D for 400 yards.

    Sanchez at best is average, and at worst... well you saw yesterday.

    I'm ready to move on, the difference between Sanchez and Matt Leinart is Sanchez stays on the field.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I'm sorry Sanchez cannot be absolved totally. That screen interception as well as the fumble prior to the end of the first half were inexcusable.

    The talent around him is not great, I agree, but to totally excuse him would be wrong.

    BTW, anyone who wants to bench Sanchez for Tebow at his point is clueless
    Not for Tebow - For McElroy. At least let's see what we have. We are not going anywhere with Sanchez and certainly not with tebow.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Mark Sanchez is not the problem? LMAO I needed a good laugh, keep em coming. Ryan Tannehil just threw for 430 yards on a good D with his best target being Brian Hartline. And you're absolving Sanchez of any blame because his supporting cast is bad? Too funny....
    I don't think he's absolving Sanchez at all, but rather looking at the whole picture than directing 100% of the blame at one person.

    does Sanchez deserve a huge chunk of the blame? absolutely. Mark is terrible right now. but thinking that plugging in Tebow because "he wins" or giving McElroy a shot to "see what the kid has" is going to magically change everything is asinine.

    you'd see very similar results with either of those two as you are currently seeing with Sanchez. And that is why every mention of Sanchez has to include a mention of his supporting cast.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    I have always wanted Sanchez to succeed but it is not happening. Did you see the game yesterday. Plenty of throws to open receivers and alot of time to throw and overthrowing by 10 feet over their heads, short throws into the ground, 5 feet behind them on short passes. He always has the deer in the headlights look, never seems in charge and continues to make very bad rookie decisions and throws into coverage all the time.. enough is enough.

    I don;t want Tebow either. Let's see what McElory has. I know he has only experience agains subs, but he has the understanding and smarts to get it done from what I see. Let's give him a shot. It sure is not working with what we have right now. 2 TD's in 11 quarters is dismal.
    +1

    I though the Bills game was a turning point, but it can just be the Bills D is that atrocious after watching their D yesterday in the 2nd half.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Fl
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    I have always wanted Sanchez to succeed but it is not happening. Did you see the game yesterday. Plenty of throws to open receivers and alot of time to throw and overthrowing by 10 feet over their heads, short throws into the ground, 5 feet behind them on short passes. He always has the deer in the headlights look, never seems in charge and continues to make very bad rookie decisions and throws into coverage all the time.. enough is enough.

    I don;t want Tebow either. Let's see what McElory has. I know he has only experience agains subs, but he has the understanding and smarts to get it done from what I see. Let's give him a shot. It sure is not working with what we have right now. 2 TD's in 11 quarters is dismal.
    Yes he had overthrows, the throw that went into the ground well he had a defender wrapped around his legs....His battered ball int. hey its a screen would have been nice if the o-line would have at least chipped the defender.
    I dont know what the answer is I just know its not Tebow, I agree I would rather see McElroy..

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I don't think he's absolving Sanchez at all, but rather looking at the whole picture than directing 100% of the blame at one person.

    does Sanchez deserve a huge chunk of the blame? absolutely. Mark is terrible right now. but thinking that plugging in Tebow because "he wins" or giving McElroy a shot to "see what the kid has" is going to magically change everything is asinine.

    you'd see very similar results with either of those two as you are currently seeing with Sanchez. And that is why every mention of Sanchez has to include a mention of his supporting cast.
    He's regressing before our very eyes...is it him and/or poor coaching?

  20. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    yeah for 2 seasons...and Moss has done squat since the Pats released him....what else you got
    3 years for whatever its worth.

    Matt Cassel stepped in and went 11-5 and hasn't done anything since. Had both Welker and Moss go for over 1k yds.

    In no way, shape or form am I taking anything away from Brady, but don't be mistaken he's had nice targets/playmakers that made plays once they got the ball in their hands.

    Had Moss for 3 years...has had Welker...now has Gronk. These guys are/were top notch targets.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us