Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am tired of defending Sanchez,but....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    I'm ready for McElroy, I watch a lot of NFL football and Sanchez just doesn't make enough plays, everything HAS to be perfect for him to be accurate, he gets rushed and all of a sudden even when he has time he gets flustered and throws inaccurately. There was one play yesterday, I think it was a 7-0 game, big 3rd down, Holmes wide open on a corner route for 20+ yards, ball is 15 feet over his head.

Right there, I said its over for the Sanchez era. Just too little margin for error with the guy. Not everything is gonna be perfect, Tannenhill was getting hit all game, his #1 target is a white guy and he torches a top 5 D for 400 yards.

Sanchez at best is average, and at worst... well you saw yesterday.

I'm ready to move on, the difference between Sanchez and Matt Leinart is Sanchez stays on the field.
    Literally 15 feet over his head. God awful!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I don't think he's absolving Sanchez at all, but rather looking at the whole picture than directing 100% of the blame at one person.

does Sanchez deserve a huge chunk of the blame? absolutely. Mark is terrible right now. but thinking that plugging in Tebow because "he wins" or giving McElroy a shot to "see what the kid has" is going to magically change everything is asinine.

you'd see very similar results with either of those two as you are currently seeing with Sanchez. And that is why every mention of Sanchez has to include a mention of his supporting cast.
    Nobody said it is going to change everything, but to keep doing what we are doing is what is assinine! If you can keep watching this sh!t, god bless you but I can't!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Yes he had overthrows, the throw that went into the ground well he had a defender wrapped around his legs....His battered ball int. hey its a screen would have been nice if the o-line would have at least chipped the defender.
    I dont know what the answer is I just know its not Tebow, I agree I would rather see McElroy..
    What about the throw staight up the middle with no air under it and the LB should have had an easy INT. Ridiculous.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't it be nice if we had a viable pro-set capable backup QB on this roster? Oh wait we did? And we got rid of him for what? A slow, plodding, spread option QB... brilliant.

I am going to generalize here.. but I find it funny that many of the vehment anti-Sanchez fans also loved the move for Tebow. As a self admitted luke warm Sanchez supporter I hated it in part for this very reason.. when you need a real back-up.

I also don't think things are mututally exclusive.. Sanchez can suck and so can the rest of the team and coaching. He has not done enough to get better but the coaches/front office have also not helped. It not either or for me.. its both.

All of our recent moves show a complete lack of direction.. to think that doesn't impact play, especially at the QB position is foolish. Extend Sanchez, sign Stanton, trade for Tebow, trade away stanton. These were warning signs. Many saw it, others thought Tony Sparano was going to reinvent offense in the NFL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He's regressing before our very eyes...is it him and/or poor coaching?
    I'll start by saying again, he's terrible right now. But I'm not willing to pull the plug on him. What's the sense in starting over, so we can complain about the next newly drafted QB and call him a bust in four years also?

patience is a virtue. let's be honest, it's not like there's any other star players on this team that we're "wasting" their prime years. There's no big time WR, no big time RB; we're certainly not built to win now. So ride it out, don't pull the plug yet.

This franchise hasn't been to a Superbowl in 40+ years because starting over every 3-4 years cripples consistency and the time needed to build success. Everyone here wants a Superbowl as bad as the next person, but believe it or not, you're closer to one with Sanchez than you are without him. Patience. Consistency. Success.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please explain how Ryan Tannehill looked like Dan Marinio yesterday on the road, against and excellent defense, with clowns like hartline, bess and fasano?

Difference is tannehill has a decent OL blocking for him. The Jets OL needs a total overhall.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry Sanchez cannot be absolved totally. That screen interception as well as the fumble prior to the end of the first half were inexcusable.

The talent around him is not great, I agree, but to totally excuse him would be wrong.

BTW, anyone who wants to bench Sanchez for Tebow at his point is clueless[/QUOTE]

At least it could make for a more exciting game for the fans. They might get their moneys worth