Thread: Colts HC Chuck Pagano has been diagnosed with a "serious" illness

Colts HC Chuck Pagano has been diagnosed with a "serious" illness

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    The "serious illness" that has hospitalized #Colts coach Chuck Pagano, as has been reported by Indianapolis Star, is leukemia, per sources.

Pagano's leukemia is considered "very treatable" but he is in isolation at Indianapolis hospital during this treatment.

Pagano told by doctors he can expect to be hospitalized about six weeks. He thought "football fatigue" since camp but was bruising easily.

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arian will be the #Colts interim coach but, again, doctors have told Pagano his chances of recovering are good.

Obviously, that is Bruce Arians (not Arian) who has stepped in as interim coach for Chuck Pagano, who waited until bye week to be tested.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Colts HC Chuck Pagano has been diagnosed with a "serious" illness and will miss Sunday's game vs GB, according to Indianapolis Star.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-01-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Coach mindset: Chuck Pagano waited until bye week for blood tests. It wasn't fatigue that motivated him as much as the bruising to be tested

Hall Of Fame
    Yikes.

Hopefully everything is treatable and he makes a speedy recovery. He is in a very good situation in Indy, but issues like this help put things back in perspective.

Pagano told by doctors he can expect to be hospitalized about six weeks. He thought "football fatigue" since camp but was bruising easily.

That's terrifying. Good thing he went to the doctor. I'm terrible about stuff like that.

It's a treatable form of Leukemia.

I saw this about 25 minutes ago on Twitter and ESPNs BottomLine and almost made a thread about it.

It said he is supposed to be out at least six weeks if not more. Hopefully it's definitely long enough to keep him from being around the team for prep against the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by JokelahomaJetsFan View Post
    It said he is supposed to be out at least six weeks if not more. Hopefully it's definitely long enough to keep him from being around the team for prep against the Jets
    D!ck, treatable or not a mans life hangs in the balance and you're worried about his being able to help his team prep?

Good god you are disgusting.

D!ck, treatable or not a mans life hangs in the balance and you're worried about his being able to help his team prep?

Good god you are disgusting.

I hate the colts but I do care about this person being able to make a full and timely recovery.

I heard about this... prayers to his family. Football can take a back seat right now... get well.

I saw this about 25 minutes ago on Twitter and ESPNs BottomLine and almost made a thread about it.

Sickening post.

Pagano's leukemia is considered "very treatable" but he is in isolation at Indianapolis hospital during this treatment.
    He'll be in isolation because the basic treatment of it destroys your immune system and has to rebuild. He'll be susceptible to all kinds of infections and illnesses at this time. The treatment can kill you too.

Wow this is terrible news. AML is a really tough disease. Wish him all the best.

Horrible. Hopefully he has a good recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    He'll be in isolation because the basic treatment of it destroys your immune system and has to rebuild. He'll be susceptible to all kinds of infections and illnesses at this time. The treatment can kill you too.
    You bet our next door neighbor sister died from a cold after beating Leukemia.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hope he is able to beat this thing and live a long healthy life.

There are lots of real things in life to be concerned about ALL OF THEM way more inportant than the losing of a stupid football game that currently has our resident band of JI benignoramuses in a frenzy of unfettered screaming for firings boycotts benchings and probably any day now maimings and murders before the end of this week

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Treatable or not, leukemia is nothing I'd wish anybody in this world. Hope he'll recover to 100%.

Jets Insider VIP

You ****ing disgusting piece of ****.

Hope Chuck gets back to 100%.