Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry to all J.I. posters but................

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to all J.I. posters but................

I have to go on record and say this because it is called..
    I am very sorry that i blamed Mr.Brian Schottenheimer for how crappy the offense was in the past. i do realize that his offense was very predictable, but if you have the players and they exacute the game plan then the system would have worked.
    it wasnt Schotty, it was the players...
    I was wrong

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by murphklecko73 View Post
    I am very sorry that i blamed Mr.Brian Schottenheimer for how crappy the offense was in the past. i do realize that his offense was very predictable, but if you have the players and they exacute the game plan then the system would have worked.
    I was wrong
    No, you're not wrong. The Jets offense is like a body that's been stabbed in 5 different major arteries. Schotty was one of those wounds. Problem is we're still hemmoraging from all our other wounds.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    No, you're not wrong. The Jets offense is like a body that's been stabbed in 5 different major arteries. Schotty was one of those wounds. Problem is we're still hemmoraging from all our other wounds.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see Shoddy as more of an anal fissure rather than a wound.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. Stop being simplistic people, there can be multiple reasons why something fails not just one.

I would say the four other arteries are:

1) We have no QB
    2) We have no WR's
    3) We have no RB's
    4) We have no TE's

And if you want to add a stab to the gut:
    5) we have an average to below average OL

Put all these things together and you can have the greatest offensive mind in football coaching this team and it would make no difference whatsoever.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Absolutely. Stop being simplistic people, there can be multiple reasons why something fails not just one.

1) We have no QB
    2) We have no WR's
    3) We have no RB's
    4) We have no TE's

Put all these things together and you can have the greatest offensive mind in football coaching this team and it would make no difference whatsoever.
    6). We have this thing called Tebow, and an administration who thought it was a good football move

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wrong
    Tannenbaum is the real problem, he hasnt provided the quality players that were needed. Especially at RB and WR. The line also needs to step up and block.

Its his job to get good players for the coaches to coach.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schoddy was terrible. At the time he was OC, we had more talent. He retarded that talent. I feared he scarred Sanchez for life. It appears those fears were true.

Thus far, after the opener, Sparano has shown what I feared after his hire... he is aan average coordinator, but far from a great one.

The offense has been in somewhat of rebuilding mode since the loss in the 2010 AFCCG. And it's been a piss poor job at that, as we see now. Injury-prone and mistake riddled. At every postion except maybe one or two offensive linemen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wrong
    It wasn't Paul Hackett either or Herman Edwards . But it is REX Ryan and Mike Tannebaum combined with the Idiot they believed was a Franchise caliber QB because of the way he spoke and who showed up at his workout.

Coaches coach and Players play. Under Herm,the coaches coached and when a Limited Chad was Healthy, the Jets competed and won. Under This coaching staff, the coaches talk about coaching, the Players talk about executing and base on what we get to see, both Coaches and Players should be executed.

Does it appear to anyone that Rex Ryan has the Pulse of the team any better than he said he did last yr. He told the press after the game yesterday that his players had a bad week of practice while his QB whom he says gives them the best chance to win, told that same press that the team had an awesome week of practice.

In the words of RaY Lucus: "These men are lying to themselves".

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need to clean house

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post

1) We have no QB
    2) We have no WR's
    3) We have no RB's
    4) We have no TE's

But we have the greatest defensive mind in football- just ask Rex !

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wrong
    The Rams are 2-2 like us, murph.

As far as I'm concerned, he still deserves the blame that he got when he was here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    oy vey!

I don't know how it's possible but the Rams are basically below the Jets in every statistical category, and look just as ****ty as seen with the human eye.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a brilliant, and brilliantly concise, way of putting it.

If this site had Rep, this would get a strong +1.

My optimisim for 2012 died yesterday. The Funeral will held at a date to be announced later....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    This is a brilliant, and brilliantly concise, way of putting it.

If this site had Rep, this would get a strong +1.

My optimisim for 2012 died yesterday. The Funeral will held at a date to be announced later....
    Are we forgetting that when that skumbag Holmes went down yesterday (and decided to F us over by flinging the ball to SF,) Sanchez was left without his top 3 receivers? Sure it was an alltime awful Jet game, but when your top three receivers are hurt, (and the backup TE goes down, also,) you may end up in a rut on O. Sure it was bad, but it only counts as one loss, we still are 2-0 in the division and the season is not over

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    6). We have this thing called Tebow, and an administration who thought it was a good football move
    7) We have an administration that still thinks they have a playoff caliber roster.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still and always blame Schotty for lack of downfield attempts...

But yes, it seems to be the players, most notably Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Are we forgetting that when that skumbag Holmes went down yesterday (and decided to F us over by flinging the ball to SF,) Sanchez was left without his top 3 receivers? Sure it was an alltime awful Jet game, but when your top three receivers are hurt, (and the backup TE goes down, also,) you may end up in a rut on O. Sure it was bad, but it only counts as one loss, we still are 2-0 in the division and the season is not over
    sanchez has enough misfires to all his targets over 3+ years. he's never had a good completion %. he's never protected the ball. the only thing he's ever been above average at is 4th quarter comebacks. that's really it. he's had enough time with enough rbs, enough tes, enough wrs, enough coaches, enough situations against enough defenses. this is not a confident qb who would turn the corner if all his guys were healthy. this guy needs a new team and the jets need a new qb (not to mention new coach and gm).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we had the horses, Schitty wasted them.

Now that we have no horses, wouldn't matter who our OC is.

The 2010 Jets were "the" team. They were what the entire Ryan era was ultimately about. The coaches on that particular team who didn't have the boys prepared for Pittsburgh are the ones we'll rue forever, Schitty among them.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy that Schotty is gone but I am certainly NOT pleased with Sparano. Sparano sucks and he has no idea how to put players in position to succeed.