Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: Before we go slashing wrists or crying for changes

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Virginia fromerly New Hampshire
    Posts
    753
    Its not about loosing he game, like many when I looked at the schedule I didn't have high hopes of winning this game while hoping I was wrong. The issue is how we lost it, If I saw a team putting out a good effort playing with some passion, but came up short it would be one thing.

    The disturbing thing about this loss is, it seemed like no one showed up to play, yeah I can say it is just one loss and maybe it s a loss that was to be expected, but the effort I saw does not give me hope for the season, can they turn it around, sure but given the preponderance of evidence from the end of last season, preseason and three of the four games this season, it is hard to maintain hope.

    There is a problem with this team and its mostly mental

  2. #22
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What is an official Ray Ray position smartass?
    My point is that the OP is saying "don't panic" while advocating that we start the 3rd string QB who doesn't even suit up on game days.

    How is that not an all-time panic move?

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Understood... But...

    When the Jets lost to New England in the 45-3 game back in 2010, we were pretty much in a similar position. There was no excuse to lose a game like that, of that magnitude. Yet the team recovered, and made a championship run and beat the same Pats team.

    At least this year, it's earlier in the year, all teams are still sorting through the kinks. The Ravens gave up 450 yds of offense to the Browns last Thursday, the Pats are 2-2 with no defense in site yesterday, the Saints are 0-4, the league is still stabilizing in terms of who the strong teams are th is year, it's far too early to write off the season, even with yesterday's debacle...
    Ray Ray of course you are free to have your own opinion of the team, as any other individual who posts on this message board, but what will you say if this team falls flat on it's face and gets smoked on national TV by the Texans? If we keep losing, at what point will you say that something is not right here?

  4. #24
    I concur with the OP; a mediocre team with a mediocre record is not cause for caterwauling. It was generally expected.

    One quarter of the season is in the books; they beat the teams that were weaker (though Miami by luck to a fair degree) and lost to the better teams. Most everyone had them 2-2 at this point, so thatís no big deal. 3-3 after six is also expected. That theyíve played poorly the last three games is disappointing but, if not for the injuries, is correctable; the injuries do take away much chance of any real recovery, but they can play better regardless. But was this team really destined for being more than average this year?

    No surprise to any of these factoids:

    Sanchez cannot carry the team. He can play well when the offense as a whole is playing well, which is not happening. He is a complementary playmaker, not a dynamic one. The disconnect with receivers can be fixed if there gets to be a good degree of consistency week to week, but the injuries are severely impacting that. Too few of the Jets receivers run precise routes (Kerley is the best route runner) which worsens Sanchez accuracy woes. Fixable with coaching and getting QB and receivers on the same page would really help. What isnít fixable is Sanchez height. While not really short, he plays that way. He doesnít see the field that well when penned into the pocket with no throwing lanes; most teams, knowing this, have made sure he stays there. And his release is a bit low. Coaching can mitigate those aspects (move the pocket more, etc.), but so far they havenít really tried much.

    More importantly, the run game must be effective. When the Jets run well, Sanchez plays better. No brainer there, as play action helps keep the defense honest and takes pressure off Sanchez. Without the run, the offense falls flat. And the Jets canít run the ball to save their life right now. It hasnít helped that the Jets early schedule is loaded with good run defenses; Houston is another. Itíd be better to assess performance against a few weaker defenses to really see where the Jets stand. But right now the Jets line cannot dictate and without that happening, with a shaky QB and weak receivers, the results are predictable. Even Greene can run well enough if the line gets a good push; a more dynamic runner could make his own yards, but the Jets really donít have any of those.

    The defensive issues are more alarming. Inability to stop the run is huge; lack of a pass rush (in light of Revis injury) is another. The biggest problem vs. the run is poor tackling; correctable if they choose to work on fundamentals. The other part is discipline and trust in each manís role. Trying to do too much is as bad as too little as it can be exploited. Not a very good job of coaching; even the players they have (debatable on talent and athleticism) are capable of better. The Jets, on the whole, are a poorly coached team right now.

    As for everyone climbing out on ledges, hey if not making the playoffs will make you off yourself, may as well do it now (heck you could have done it in preseason). This is not a strong team playing in a tough league. Otherwise, wait for the bye to scream for wholesale changes (other than playing fundamentally sound football which needs to happen starting tomorrow). They should still be no better than 4-4, but hopefully showing signs of improvement. If not, make the changes then, either in seeing what you have for next year or if a playoff run is still possible (however unlikely).

    Those last four games are looking pretty attractive if the Jets can get there intact and not too deep in the hole. Might get back to 8-8 (assuming they are 5-7 at the ĺ mark). Theyíd wind up where they were last year and should be this year, a mediocre team. That's the level of talent and coaching they currently have.

  5. #25
    its not the loss but how they have played over the last 3 weeks. they have been beat physicaly on both ends of the ball and show no signs of getting any better. there 2-2 and look worse than the 0-4 Saints right now. thats the big problem now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Last I checked that was one loss.

    Let's crap ourselves over one loss when the Jets are still tied for first and are at .500.

    Even if they get hammered next week, did you expect anything different?

    Did you look at the schedule this year and think they would beat San Francisco, Houston, or New England x 2?

    What would be satisfactory? Being 4-0? Are you high?

    The expectations need tempered by reality. The league's parity is very strong. It's why a team can lay an egg and then come back and make the playoffs.

    And if you haven't seen worse losses, you haven't really been a Jets fan that long.

    You can call out for changes, you can pine over lost opportunities, but it comes down to one thing:

    The Jets are at .500 a quarter of the way through.

    I am not trying to be optimistic. I am right along side you if you think the roster is bad and thought it was coming in. I am right there with you if you think Sanchez is below average and Tebow is in no way, shape, or form the answer to any question. I agree wholeheartedly with you if you think the GM is bad and that you can't win with a coach who is afraid of learning half the game.

    But the season's already started. The changes that need made are drastic, sweeping and will not yield a winning season, if we're lucky, for at least two years and they can only be completed in the off-season. Initiating these changes now would be a disaster as you would be replacing holes with JAGs and possibly Tony Sparano.

    No, this bed is made. And even if you lose by 72 like Savannah State, it's still just one loss. That's the truth.

    So barring a miracle, the Jets will be 2-3 after a nationally televised disaster Monday night, but that was to be expected. Logic dictated this roster do that.

    Hopefully the GM and Owner don't sabotage everything and force something like a QB change after a 2-3 start, no matter how bad the team looks, especially with one of the premier teams to bounce back against in Indianapolis coming in in two weeks and bump this team back to .500.

    At 2-2 the Jets have the same exact record as the past two Super Bowl Champions.

    Stay the course and get as far as you can.

    Only if they end up 2-4 or 2-5 should they make a change and it shouldn't be the change you think:

    They should go to McElroy. To put their fan base through what is nearly a guaranteed less than 50% completion percentage with Tebow would be absolutely brutal and borderline disrespectful of us. At least there's an unknown quantity with McElroy.

    That's the reality. I fully believe this will get worse before it gets better. And looking back doesn't really make it better:

    Rex's 2009 and 2010 were with rosters primarily comprised of people assembled when Eric Mangini was telling Tannenbaum what to do. Rex can only do that on half the ball due to lack of knowledge, and honestly, he's been awful at it. Trash Gholston and Robertson all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Mangini at least wasn't afraid to try to coach both sides of the ball. Something that horrifies Rex.

    In any event, I'm not feeding Kool Aid, I'm not succumbing to hysterics. I'm simply stating that nobody should have thought this roster was good enough to win a Super bowl this year. But the schedule is still soft enough to possibly even make the playoffs, and we should all know by now that at that point it might as well be craps at the Borgata.

    And if that were to occur, I don't know if I'd be happy or cry, because no matter how you break it down, I think major changes need to happen. And this owner needs to look no further than the Timex Center on how to go about doing it.

    As an aside:

    Don't the Niners remind you of the 2010 Jets? Alex Smith is terrible. That young kid Kaepernick has some skillset, doesn't it? He's tall as hell, runs like a gazelle, and obviously has an absolute cannon. These two teams are major proof to the fact that management and coaching egos get in the way of what appear to be massively obvious evidence to even casual fans of where big sweeping changes need made and some bumps need endured for long-term sustenance.

    Where the Niners hold Kaepernick back, the Jets should have had a "don't lose the game" veteran like Smith starting ahead of Sanchez in '09 and '10 until he gained some experience.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We've played 2 good teams so far and lost by a combined 61-10. Our QB has arguably been the worst in the league this season. What is there to feel good about? A national TV blowout coming on Monday night? SWEET CAN'T WAIT
    This.

    It's really not enough for me to have the Jets limp to a 7-9 or 8-8 finish. There would be no hurrahs.

    The Jets are a .500 team since the win against NE in the playoffs two years ago. And their actual record against winning teams is far, far worse. The Giants went 9-7 last year and won the SB because they are actually capable of beating a great team. Not always - but sometimes.

    The Jets recent history has shown they can't beat the great teams. Not only that, they can no longer even compete with the great teams.

    And sorry - this Jets team is not 'correctable'. The problems may be - but I think the players don't have their heart in it at this point. Why do you think Rex gave them a time-out?? Next Monday will be, for me, the final test of that.
    Last edited by adpz; 10-01-2012 at 01:01 PM.

  7. #27
    i have yet to read anyone out here saying they are hoping to see this team lose. As far a Smith is concerned I know for a fact that harbaugh and Roman are not high on him and that they both love Kapernick and its only a matter of team till he starts. sanchez missing open recievers or not hitting recievers on the money but throwing to high or low for a running catch after 4 years is a sigh he does not get it and never will. Were is cavanaugh on this. How does he still have a job. And I dont care what the score said at half. This game was over at 10-0. This reminded me of the 1rst game back after Sept 11 when they played the 9ers and it was 12-3 some score and you knew this jet team was finished. And the only reason it was 10-0 at the half was because SF was running the ball down the Jets throats. And how does a team that brough in a guy to run the wildcat not stop a team from running it. Thats bad coaching. right now this team is bad. I could see them losing 3 of the next 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Yesterday gave the contingent of whiny SOJF on this site an opportunity to pound their chests in pride.

    It's absolutely shamefull there are fans that would rather see the team lose just so they can run amuck on a message board.

    That said, everybody should be pissed about yesterday, I fault nobody for doing so.

    But the season isn't over...

    Re: Smith, let's remember he's been in the league for 8 years, to Sanchez' 3.

    I'm still convinced Sanchez is working with a handicap with the inexerience at WR and injuries at both WR and TE. Keller being out has been a bigger deal than many are considering.

    The game was a close one, should have been at least 7-3 going into half time, but turnovers against a good team like SF cannot happen, and that along with Holmes injury snowballed yesterday's game making the final score a bit skewed.

    SF's deployment of the wildcat really crossed up our defense, it isn't like Gore ran all over us, and despite Wilson's antics, I thought the D played well in spots. The reverses and wildcat killed us, and fortunately, that is something that is correctable.

    I like the Berry addition at CB, McKnight needs to become a bigger part of the offense, and I'd like to see Sapp moved to the active roster and added to the rotation at LB becuase this team is lacking at OLB, it's a HUGE hole right now, Maybin hasn't been good enough, and McIntyre has been an abomination in the last couple of weeks. I would even consider elevating Dowtin, we need speed and athleticism at LB in a bad way.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Last I checked that was one loss.

    Let's crap ourselves over one loss when the Jets are still tied for first and are at .500.

    Even if they get hammered next week, did you expect anything different?

    Did you look at the schedule this year and think they would beat San Francisco, Houston, or New England x 2?

    What would be satisfactory? Being 4-0? Are you high?

    The expectations need tempered by reality. The league's parity is very strong. It's why a team can lay an egg and then come back and make the playoffs.

    And if you haven't seen worse losses, you haven't really been a Jets fan that long.

    You can call out for changes, you can pine over lost opportunities, but it comes down to one thing:

    The Jets are at .500 a quarter of the way through.

    I am not trying to be optimistic. I am right along side you if you think the roster is bad and thought it was coming in. I am right there with you if you think Sanchez is below average and Tebow is in no way, shape, or form the answer to any question. I agree wholeheartedly with you if you think the GM is bad and that you can't win with a coach who is afraid of learning half the game.

    But the season's already started. The changes that need made are drastic, sweeping and will not yield a winning season, if we're lucky, for at least two years and they can only be completed in the off-season. Initiating these changes now would be a disaster as you would be replacing holes with JAGs and possibly Tony Sparano.

    No, this bed is made. And even if you lose by 72 like Savannah State, it's still just one loss. That's the truth.

    So barring a miracle, the Jets will be 2-3 after a nationally televised disaster Monday night, but that was to be expected. Logic dictated this roster do that.

    Hopefully the GM and Owner don't sabotage everything and force something like a QB change after a 2-3 start, no matter how bad the team looks, especially with one of the premier teams to bounce back against in Indianapolis coming in in two weeks and bump this team back to .500.

    At 2-2 the Jets have the same exact record as the past two Super Bowl Champions.

    Stay the course and get as far as you can.

    Only if they end up 2-4 or 2-5 should they make a change and it shouldn't be the change you think:

    They should go to McElroy. To put their fan base through what is nearly a guaranteed less than 50% completion percentage with Tebow would be absolutely brutal and borderline disrespectful of us. At least there's an unknown quantity with McElroy.

    That's the reality. I fully believe this will get worse before it gets better. And looking back doesn't really make it better:

    Rex's 2009 and 2010 were with rosters primarily comprised of people assembled when Eric Mangini was telling Tannenbaum what to do. Rex can only do that on half the ball due to lack of knowledge, and honestly, he's been awful at it. Trash Gholston and Robertson all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Mangini at least wasn't afraid to try to coach both sides of the ball. Something that horrifies Rex.

    In any event, I'm not feeding Kool Aid, I'm not succumbing to hysterics. I'm simply stating that nobody should have thought this roster was good enough to win a Super bowl this year. But the schedule is still soft enough to possibly even make the playoffs, and we should all know by now that at that point it might as well be craps at the Borgata.

    And if that were to occur, I don't know if I'd be happy or cry, because no matter how you break it down, I think major changes need to happen. And this owner needs to look no further than the Timex Center on how to go about doing it.

    As an aside:

    Don't the Niners remind you of the 2010 Jets? Alex Smith is terrible. That young kid Kaepernick has some skillset, doesn't it? He's tall as hell, runs like a gazelle, and obviously has an absolute cannon. These two teams are major proof to the fact that management and coaching egos get in the way of what appear to be massively obvious evidence to even casual fans of where big sweeping changes need made and some bumps need endured for long-term sustenance.

    Where the Niners hold Kaepernick back, the Jets should have had a "don't lose the game" veteran like Smith starting ahead of Sanchez in '09 and '10 until he gained some experience.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCCG7QkM_c

  9. #29

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm tired of the fans that pounce on anybody who dares to suggest things aren't as bad as some of you doom and gloomers think it is.

    You same clowns ***** and moan when you get criticized for being miserable, then why do it when the other side of the spectrum gives it back?

    Nobody is happy about yesterday, not one ****ing fan, so enough of the crap about kool aid and apologists. Just because some of us aren't ready to write off the world, and want to believe things aren't as bad as it was yesterday, doesn't give you the entitlement to tell us how to post or what to post either. It goes both ways.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XScLbJmO6s

  11. #31
    The Jets were 9-2 at that point and showed they could play. This team has had 3 weeks in a row of getting beaten up by teams and sanchez is still making the same bad and innacurate throws he made 4 years ago. And him getting beat up. Did you see the beatin Eli Manning took in the NFC championship game and he still sucked it up and won an MVp in the superbowl. QB's get hit its the ones that get back up are the good ones. Sanchez looks like a beaten man now and looks nothing like it could get better with Sprano
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Understood... But...

    When the Jets lost to New England in the 45-3 game back in 2010, we were pretty much in a similar position. There was no excuse to lose a game like that, of that magnitude. Yet the team recovered, and made a championship run and beat the same Pats team.

    At least this year, it's earlier in the year, all teams are still sorting through the kinks. The Ravens gave up 450 yds of offense to the Browns last Thursday, the Pats are 2-2 with no defense in site yesterday, the Saints are 0-4, the league is still stabilizing in terms of who the strong teams are th is year, it's far too early to write off the season, even with yesterday's debacle...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Umm. Yes that is correct, b/c the last time the Jets lost this bad it was in 1989 and 197-something.

    That means any fan under 22 years old (and was able to remember games as an infant) has not seen a loss this bad.

    My question isnt about what you think of everyone else on the board. My question is, what the hell are you rooting for? Who gets you excited on this team?

    What can you point to as positives from this organization. Which players are playing better under this regime? What players have been developed that we can say, wow, that was a good pick?

    I'm usually on the optimistic end, but truth is, I like to root for a team that has pride, class, and young developing talent. Don't see that here anymore.

    Honestly, I'm one of the most pessimistic people on these boards. I still look at this schedule, though, and even with the injuries somewhere between 8-8 and 10-6 still is a possibility.

    And it's less about this team than the fact that there's plenty left on their schedule which is just as poo as everybody else. I mean Arizona barely beat Miami and so did the Jets.

    I don't think anybody is willing to realize that while the Jets are far from a great team, there's honestly only a few great teams in the league right now. Seattle (even with the call) basically destroyed the Packers offense two weeks ago then loses to St. Louis.........

    With that said, I still look at this league and the Giants still pop out at me as the team that can beat everybody.

    Look at how they are constructed and look at the depth they have.

    With that said, they have the same record as the Jets. The biggest concern at this point should be the Jets front office going overboard.

    I do think this team needs to start from scratch to go up to the next tier of consistency, but that doesn't mean that they still can't beat

    Indy (3-3)
    Miami (4-4)
    Seattle (5-4)
    St. Louis (6-4)
    Jacksonville (7-6)
    Titans (8-6)
    Chargers (9-6)
    Bills (10-6)

    Seriously, they can finish 10-6 while not having a quality win on their schedule simply because each of those teams is so flawed.

    Hell, New England hasn't really shown that much consistency, and I am not going to put a meltdown past Arizona.

    So this could equate to EVEN MORE WINS. But that doesn't mean that this team is any good at all. It just means that the parity is working in the wrong direction.

    The thing nagging everybody, myself included, is that in the past two years, they don't have a quality win. They are beating what I would call crappy teams. It's typical Jets.

    I also want to point out that if they had beaten San Francisco yesterday, they would have been anointed Super Bowl contenders by this stupid media which over hypes everything and provides very little analysis. ESPN is to sports like MTV is to music anymore..............
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 10-01-2012 at 01:25 PM.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yeah people hate it when someone says something unpopular gets shot down and then is proven 100% correct months later. People should come back months later and say. "See I was right!" Whether it be good or bad for the team.
    That actually doesn't bother me. Its the people who openly root for the demise of the Jets, that's who I am talking about.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Honestly, I'm one of the most pessimistic people on these boards. I still look at this schedule, though, and even with the injuries somewhere between 8-8 and 10-6 still is a possibility.

    And it's less about this team than the fact that there's plenty left on their schedule which is just as poo as everybody else. I mean Arizona barely beat Miami and so did the Jets.

    I don't think anybody is willing to realize that while the Jets are far from a great team, there's honestly only a few great teams in the league right now. Seattle (even with the call) basically destroyed the Packers offense two weeks ago then loses to St. Louis.........

    With that said, I still look at this league and the Giants still pop out at me as the team that can beat everybody.

    Look at how they are constructed and look at the depth they have.

    With that said, they have the same record as the Jets. The biggest concern at this point should be the Jets front office going overboard.

    I do think this team needs to start from scratch to go up to the next tier of consistency, but that doesn't mean that they still can't beat

    Indy (3-3)
    Miami (4-4)
    Seattle (5-4)
    St. Louis (6-4)
    Jacksonville (7-6)
    Titans (8-6)
    Chargers (9-6)
    Bills (10-6)

    Seriously, they can finish 10-6 while not having a quality win on their schedule simply because each of those teams is so flawed.

    Hell, New England hasn't really shown that much consistency, and I am not going to put a meltdown past Arizona.

    So this could equate to EVEN MORE WINS. But that doesn't mean that this team is any good at all. It just means that the parity is working in the wrong direction.

    The thing nagging everybody, myself included, is that in the past two years, they don't have a quality win. They are beating what I would call crappy teams. It's typical Jets.

    I also want to point out that if they had beaten San Francisco yesterday, they would have been anointed Super Bowl contenders by this stupid media which over hypes everything and provides very little analysis. ESPN is to sports like MTV is to music anymore..............
    The weak teams listed are better than us...

  15. #35
    Also, just for clarification:

    I made the statement regarding McElroy because he's an unknown.

    I watched Tebow last year. I'd rather have Sanchez in than him. Tebow is the worst passer I've ever seen.

    I don't care if he "just wins," because that's exactly what Sanchez is doing. They are 2-2 and beating everybody they were supposed to.

    I am a staunch believer that you should be accurate to play QB in the NFL. Even when he makes the right read, some of these throws are going to get his receiver killed. Tebow's worse than Sanchez in that regard.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    That actually doesn't bother me. Its the people who openly root for the demise of the Jets, that's who I am talking about.
    Who is rooting for the demise of the Jets? We are saying the team sucks, one half of good football this year...

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    The weak teams listed are better than us...
    That's your opinion. Nobody on there has a better record than the Jets that I mentioned as being winnable. Their personnel is arguably worse in many cases, as well, statistically.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by ptath2 View Post
    Its not about loosing he game, like many when I looked at the schedule I didn't have high hopes of winning this game while hoping I was wrong. The issue is how we lost it, If I saw a team putting out a good effort playing with some passion, but came up short it would be one thing.

    The disturbing thing about this loss is, it seemed like no one showed up to play, yeah I can say it is just one loss and maybe it s a loss that was to be expected, but the effort I saw does not give me hope for the season, can they turn it around, sure but given the preponderance of evidence from the end of last season, preseason and three of the four games this season, it is hard to maintain hope.

    There is a problem with this team and its mostly mental
    I think one of the most over used statements is saying the team "didn't show effort" or they "didn't care". Sometimes a team just plays terrible and another team plays good or great. I don't think it has to do with a lack of effort, it's a lack of execution. It may look like to you or others like they are not trying but ultimately they are but do to mistakes and a lack of execution they don't perform well. Lack of effort shouldn't be our concern, it's the lack of talent and execution on offense that worries me.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    That's your opinion. Nobody on there has a better record than the Jets that I mentioned as being winnable. Their personnel is arguably worse in many cases, as well, statistically.
    Look at our team not theirs...we can't get off the field defensively on third down, can't stop the run...on offense except for the first half against buffalo has sucked...

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Yesterday gave the contingent of whiny SOJF on this site an opportunity to pound their chests in pride.

    It's absolutely shamefull there are fans that would rather see the team lose just so they can run amuck on a message board.
    It would be shameful, if it were true.

    But it isn't.

    Just because someone comes here and says "I told you this team sucked" doesn't mean they were rooting for it to be true.

    It probably means, they dared to point out the problems of this team and you or some other sunshine boy called them a SOJF because they weren't touting the party line that everything Rex and Tanny do is great. Because the general lack of top-line talent on this team is proof that it isn't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us