Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Before we go slashing wrists or crying for changes

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Who is rooting for the demise of the Jets? We are saying the team sucks, one half of good football this year...
    Ok, what bothers me is the people who only come on this board when negative things happen. They come here to gloat. There is a reason why my brother only calls me after a Jets loss and that's to talk sh*t about them b/c he is a Giants fan. I have a feeling that the majority of people who do that on this board are the same way. They call themselves Jets fans b/c they jumped on the 2 AFC championship appearances bandwagon and are now questioning that decision while secretly rooting for other teams. Obviously that's not all of them but I'm sure it's at least some. And you can see right through people like that b/c they never and I mean never comment on anything positive about the Jets unless they are there to try to shoot down the people who are happy or excited. If you don't believe me then go back to some of the threads after the Bills win.

I am all for criticizing the team when they play like sh*t. But there is a difference between doing that as opposed to going to massive extremes and thats what a lot of people do on this site.
    Last edited by Choon328; 10-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Ok, what bothers me is the people who only come on this board when negative things happen. They come here to gloat. There is a reason why my brother only calls me after a Jets loss and that's to talk sh*t about them b/c he is a Giants fan. I have a feeling that the majority of people who do that on this board are the same way. They call themselves Jets fans b/c they jumped on the 2 AFC championship appearances bandwagon and are now questioning that decision while secretly rooting for other teams. Obviously that's not all of them but I'm sure it's at least some. And you can see right through people like that b/c they never and I mean never comment on anything positive about the Jets unless they are there to try to shoot down the people who are happy or excited. If you don't believe me then go back to some of the threads after the Bills win.
    What annoys me about the Giant fans is they are somehow in their minds smarter than us, the same fans who wanted to run Eli and coughlin out of town..they dont know how lucky they were to get eli who makes every receiver look like a stud...hate them

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Last I checked that was one loss.

Let's crap ourselves over one loss when the Jets are still tied for first and are at .500.

Even if they get hammered next week, did you expect anything different?

Did you look at the schedule this year and think they would beat San Francisco, Houston, or New England x 2?

What would be satisfactory? Being 4-0? Are you high?

The expectations need tempered by reality. The league's parity is very strong. It's why a team can lay an egg and then come back and make the playoffs.

And if you haven't seen worse losses, you haven't really been a Jets fan that long.

You can call out for changes, you can pine over lost opportunities, but it comes down to one thing:

The Jets are at .500 a quarter of the way through.

I am not trying to be optimistic. I am right along side you if you think the roster is bad and thought it was coming in. I am right there with you if you think Sanchez is below average and Tebow is in no way, shape, or form the answer to any question. I agree wholeheartedly with you if you think the GM is bad and that you can't win with a coach who is afraid of learning half the game.

But the season's already started. The changes that need made are drastic, sweeping and will not yield a winning season, if we're lucky, for at least two years and they can only be completed in the off-season. Initiating these changes now would be a disaster as you would be replacing holes with JAGs and possibly Tony Sparano.

No, this bed is made. And even if you lose by 72 like Savannah State, it's still just one loss. That's the truth.

So barring a miracle, the Jets will be 2-3 after a nationally televised disaster Monday night, but that was to be expected. Logic dictated this roster do that.

Hopefully the GM and Owner don't sabotage everything and force something like a QB change after a 2-3 start, no matter how bad the team looks, especially with one of the premier teams to bounce back against in Indianapolis coming in in two weeks and bump this team back to .500.

At 2-2 the Jets have the same exact record as the past two Super Bowl Champions.

Stay the course and get as far as you can.

Only if they end up 2-4 or 2-5 should they make a change and it shouldn't be the change you think:

They should go to McElroy. To put their fan base through what is nearly a guaranteed less than 50% completion percentage with Tebow would be absolutely brutal and borderline disrespectful of us. At least there's an unknown quantity with McElroy.

That's the reality. I fully believe this will get worse before it gets better. And looking back doesn't really make it better:

Rex's 2009 and 2010 were with rosters primarily comprised of people assembled when Eric Mangini was telling Tannenbaum what to do. Rex can only do that on half the ball due to lack of knowledge, and honestly, he's been awful at it. Trash Gholston and Robertson all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Mangini at least wasn't afraid to try to coach both sides of the ball. Something that horrifies Rex.

In any event, I'm not feeding Kool Aid, I'm not succumbing to hysterics. I'm simply stating that nobody should have thought this roster was good enough to win a Super bowl this year. But the schedule is still soft enough to possibly even make the playoffs, and we should all know by now that at that point it might as well be craps at the Borgata.

And if that were to occur, I don't know if I'd be happy or cry, because no matter how you break it down, I think major changes need to happen. And this owner needs to look no further than the Timex Center on how to go about doing it.

As an aside:

Don't the Niners remind you of the 2010 Jets? Alex Smith is terrible. That young kid Kaepernick has some skillset, doesn't it? He's tall as hell, runs like a gazelle, and obviously has an absolute cannon. These two teams are major proof to the fact that management and coaching egos get in the way of what appear to be massively obvious evidence to even casual fans of where big sweeping changes need made and some bumps need endured for long-term sustenance.

Where the Niners hold Kaepernick back, the Jets should have had a "don't lose the game" veteran like Smith starting ahead of Sanchez in '09 and '10 until he gained some experience.

STFU!!!! Take off the green colored glasses and actually wake up!!! This team is done. Rex lost this team after the last AFC championship loss. This guy is a sham, as everyone on this team!!! Why some can't accept the truth is beyond me. THE TRUTH IS, " REX IS NOT A GOOD COACH PERIOD." He can't coach the D or the O. He is a waste of time!!!