2008 - NEW YORK JETS
    RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
    1 6 Vernon Gholston LB Ohio State
    1 30 Dustin Keller TE Purdue
    4 113 Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State
    5 162 Erik Ainge QB Tennessee
    6 171 Marcus Henry WR Kansas
    7 211 Nate Garner T Arkansas

I cannot imagine another team has drafted as badly as the Jets have, overall. Absolutely pathetic. Teams are plugging rookies in ALL THE TIME. Rookies that make an IMPACT! Jets have drafted guys like... Kyle Wilson? Are you kidding me? The guy SUCKS!! Gholston... obviously. Vlad Ducasse?! HA! Shonn Greene... awful. The list goes on and on. It's a joke.

Its absolutely pathetic. Feels like we are looking at 5-7 years of a crap team until we get better management.

Jets Insider VIP
    2010 DRAFT is a GREAT example of how we draft.

Unknown guys, from unknown schools who WE BELIEVE we can mold.

UMASS? BALLSE State? Kentucky? Please. These are not the places solid players go. Id rather have a kid from IOWA or ND than these schools. At least they play competitive ball.

Tanny is a joke.

Unhappy OFFENSIVE TALENT TOOK A DIVE IN THE RECENT DRAFTS

Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    I cannot imagine another team has drafted as badly as the Jets have, overall. Absolutely pathetic. Teams are plugging rookies in ALL THE TIME. Rookies that make an IMPACT! Jets have drafted guys like... Kyle Wilson? Are you kidding me? The guy SUCKS!! Gholston... obviously. Vlad Ducasse?! HA! Shonn Greene... awful. The list goes on and on. It's a joke.
    .. The 2010 Draft looks especially pathetic from this perspective. Wasted a 5th round pick on a Fullback.... those guys can be obtained in 7th round , FA.

.. Kyle Wison still can't turn his head around and track the ball and stay with his man at the same time.

we desperately need to draft a Clay Matthews or Von Miller type to inject some life into this front 7

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    2010 DRAFT is a GREAT example of how we draft.

Unknown guys, from unknown schools who WE BELIEVE we can mold.

UMASS? BALLSE State? Kentucky? Please. These are not the places solid players go. Id rather have a kid from IOWA or ND than these schools. At least they play competitive ball.

Tanny is a joke.
    SGreene went to Iowa...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    SGreene went to Iowa...
    I know, I golf with a Hawkeye and we talk about him.

The 2009 draft was actually OK IMO. Green is NOT a bust. He is faulted, IMO, for doing things he cant do. He is a solid player, not near a bust. From 2010 after...well, another story.

I know, I golf with a Hawkeye and we talk about him.

The 2009 draft was actually OK IMO. Green is NOT a bust. He is faulted, IMO, for doing things he cant do. He is a solid player, not near a bust. From 2010 after...well, another story.
    You know my stance..Before ALL blame is placed on Tanny, Bradway,Clinkscales and the scouts, my signature should strongly be considered.

this jets regime thinks it's smarter than the rest of the nfl. that's why they think they can win by running the ball straight into the LOS with slow rbs who can't catch, rather than develop offensive weapons and score lots of points. tanny hasn't been good, but this team won't get any better until they get rid of sanchez and rex and bring in a coach with an offensive minded philosphy. every other team in the nfl is trying to do this except the jets.

There’s a reason there’s no depth vs. other teams:

The Jets have had just 11 picks (round 1-3) from 2008-1012...

The Pats, over the same period of the time have had 24 picks (rounds 1-3).

Jets Insider VIP
    That's the diff b/t the Pats and Jets. The Jets target the guys they want, then prop them on a pedestal regardless of performance.

The Pats draft players and give them an opp. If they perform well, they run with them, if not they cut ties no matter what they look like.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    That's the diff b/t the Pats and Jets. The Jets target the guys they want, then prop them on a pedestal regardless of performance.

The Pats draft players and give them an opp. If they perform well, they run with them, if not they cut ties no matter what they look like.
    Woodhead had a TD yesterday..............

Woodhead had a TD yesterday..............
    Woodhead had a couple of huge plays yesterday.

Say what you want, the kid's a ball player. He's not a super star but he makes plays when he's asked to make them.

When is it time to truly cut ties with Bradway too?

This guy needs to go as a scout also, it's just ridiculous he's still part of the organization.

They need to start over from top-to-bottom.

this team won't draft a star on offense with rex as the coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Woodhead had a couple of huge plays yesterday.

Say what you want, the kid's a ball player. He's not a super star but he makes plays when he's asked to make them.
    He would be a good player for us on special teams. catch the ball out of the backfield, pressure off Green. But no...we kept 4 qb's that year and cut Woodhead.

Rex is a joke.

He would be a good player for us on special teams. catch the ball out of the backfield, pressure off Green. But no...we kept 4 qb's that year and cut Woodhead.

Rex is a joke.
    Not to continue to kiss the Pats ass but what would McKnight be doing right now if he was on the Pats?

I can promise you they would find a way to get him the ball in space - and he would be scoring TD's.

Veteran
    I still believe the last two years will be very good drafts when all is said and done.....I like Kelley as slot I still believe Ellis and wilk will man this line for years and the same goes with coples. Not sure about Powell but has shown promise and hill is need if some serious development.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Not to continue to kiss the Pats ass but what would McKnight be doing right now if he was on the Pats?

I can promise you they would find a way to get him the ball in space - and he would be scoring TD's.
    or the Giants, or the Steelers.

We would have cut Victor Cruz.