Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dont Draft a QB, Trade for One?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    He is shot. And, you're right, clean house and invest in the trenches. Don't throw more money at a QB.
    i DISAGREE BECAUSE THE qb MAKES IT ALL HAPPEN. sANCHEZ CAN NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN! bUT WE DO NEED LOTS OF NEW PERSONNEL SO TRADING FOR fLYNN IS NOT RECOMMENDED. wE NEED OUR DRAFT PICKS. Opps I hate typing! sorry.BUT Id want to see McElroy with our ones before we decide what to do.

All Pro
    Only intelligent thing in your post, misspellings aside..
    Do u get off on attempting to insult folks who don't agree with you. What did i post that was wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What if it's the JETS COACHES who are unable to develop QBs and not the QBs themselves?
    err sanchez did go to two AFCCGs in his first two seasons as a raw rookie. Someone developed him enough to win 4 playoff games. I think some here are reaching! They are inventing new excuses to cover for Sanchez/ inept play!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No sense in trading for a QB. Nobody is giving up a QB that will make the kind of impact that this team needs.

We have to draft and develop one.

Only scenario I could ever see a legit QB becoming available is if things blow up again in SD. But the price would be astronomical and not worth it considering all the needs we have.

We shot for the moon and missed. Mortgaged the future by spending picks on current players trying to enhance a team that had a brief window. Now we pay the price. A multi-year rebuild.
    If by multi-year rebuild you mean two years, then yes. This isn't going to be a five year thing....it will be a two year tops.

Only intelligent thing in your post, misspellings aside..
    Take a hike. These posters are respected, 19 posts into your illustrious career you already seem like huge jack*ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    i DISAGREE BECAUSE THE qb MAKES IT ALL HAPPEN. sANCHEZ CAN NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN! bUT WE DO NEED LOTS OF NEW PERSONNEL SO TRADING FOR fLYNN IS NOT RECOMMENDED. wE NEED OUR DRAFT PICKS. Opps I hate typing! sorry.BUT Id want to see McElroy with our ones before we decide what to do.
    That makes total sense. Put McElroy in there. He's already on the team, there is no further financial investment. By all means, bench Sanchez and play McElroy, I have no problem whatsoever with that.

But, please, don't invest more resources - be they financial, draft picks, players traded, whatever - in a position which no one in the organization has any proclivity at developing.

Do not invest one more dime in the QB position until this team is strong in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    err sanchez did go to two AFCCGs in his first two seasons as a raw rookie. Someone developed him enough to win 4 playoff games. I think some here are reaching! They are inventing new excuses to cover for Sanchez/ inept play!
    KJ, notice my name?

Notice the lack of the Mark Sanchez avatar? That should give you a clue as to whether I'm "covering for Sanchez/Inept play"

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Take a hike. These posters are respected, 19 posts into your illustrious career you already seem like huge jack*ss.
    Not to worry brother, I see the letters B A N in his future if this conduct keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Do u get off on attempting to insult folks who don't agree with you. What did i post that was wrong.
    So I was incorrect. He is BOTH trying to be a Jerk AND it comes naturally for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    What do you mean by "seem"?

He is what he is and you know what he is.

Obviously, me being correct has wrinkled some panties.

I apologize for your sensitivity and lack of knowledge.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    trade however many 1st round picks it takes for a franchize signal caller...if you believe there is 1 in the draft. that being said, these idiots also thought Sanchez had IT...so who knows.
    +1

Look how the Giants did it. It took a few years to get it going, but I'd kill to have Eli on the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    +1

Look how the Giants did it. It took a few years to get it going, but I'd kill to have Eli on the Jets.
    matt schaub is the exception. in the past 2 years you have luck, rg3, dalton and ponder all turning around their teams.

1. Mark Sanchez is not going anywhere. Due to cap constraints he is locked in.

2. Matt Flynn sucks. You guys overrate him so much it is ridiculous. He had one good game in garbage time playing in McCarthy's spread offense with Nelson, Jennings etc. He's Captain Checkdown and played that way in the preseason which is why Russell Wilson, a Mark Sanchez clone, beat him out for Seattle's starting qb job.

3. Neither Tebow nor McElroy are the answer.

I would take a trade for Orton, Moore, or Campbell.

But they would need an upgrade at RB and this can't be done mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

Campbell is the only qb mentioned that is comparable in talent to Sanchez. Orton and Moore blow. I'd actually rather see Teabag start at QB than Kyle friggin Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So I was incorrect. He is BOTH trying to be a Jerk AND it comes naturally for him.

What do you mean by "seem"?

He is what he is and you know what he is.
    I am going to give him my Sanchez treatment. He's got four years to prove himself and then I will throw my arms up in exasperation lol

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Campbell is the only qb mentioned that is comparable in talent to Sanchez. Orton and Moore blow. I'd actually rather see Teabag start at QB than Kyle friggin Orton.

LOL. Campbell's probably the worst of the three I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

The Jets could theoretically trade FOR Orton, Moore or Campbell. They have enough available cap-space to do so. They are $8 million under the cap.

They could also trade FOR Maurice Jones-Drew if they wanted to.

The Jets would simply have to give up draft picks to get any one of those players.

But, they can't trade AWAY Sanchez, Holmes, or just about any player that people on this board want to get rid of. The NFL trade rules are quite prohibitive when it comes to trading away players with a significant amount of guarnateed money left on their contracts. Which is why Sanchez and Holmes are going nowhere.

But, if the Jets want to offer Jacksonville two second round picks for MJD, he'll be starting for the Jets on Monday night. Same if they want to give up one 2nd round pick for Orton, Moore, or Campbell.

I wouldn't make any of those trades, but if the Jets want to they are all available.