Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Dont Draft a QB, Trade for One?

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,456
    What's sad is the Jets picked Gholston at #6 and let Flacco go at #18.

    A Jersey kid, his HS team was the Green Wave.

    Flacco had "Jets" written all over him.

    Should've been a no-brainer, but the knock on Flacco was his lower body mechanics needed work.

    Go figure.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    What's sad is the Jets picked Gholston at #6 and let Flacco go at #18.

    A Jersey kid, his HS team was the Green Wave.

    Flacco had "Jets" written all over him.

    Should've been a no-brainer, but the knock on Flacco was his lower body mechanics needed work.

    Go figure.
    The Jets had no one on their staff who could have developed Flacco. The also never would have given him Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, and Torey Smith to throw and/or hand off to. So Flacco would have failed here just like Sanchez.

    This is not a quarterback problem, this is an organizational problem.

  3. #23
    They also loved MAtt Ryan but went DBrick.

  4. #24
    Sanchez is probably shot but I'd rather clean house at all other positions first.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    They also loved MAtt Ryan but went DBrick.
    I don't think the Jets would have been able to develop Matt Ryan either.

    If you look at Flacco and Ryan, they have gotten better since their rookie years. Sanchez has not. Maybe that's all Sanchez's fault, maybe he simply has no talent and he's too stupid to read NFL defenses and he has no idea what to do with the ball. Maybe he duped everyone coming out of college, and the Jets unfortunately were the team that fell for it.

    But, I don't think so. A lot of teams were high on Sanchez. If the Jets didn't pick him at #5, some other team would have at #6 or at #8 at the very latest. So, either he had talent, or he was so so successful at fooling pro scouts that they all had him graded as a top 10 player in the draft. Somehow, I don't think Mark Sanchez is one of the best con-men in history, I think he actually has the talent to be a top 10 pick in the NFL.

    If the next Dan Marino or Joe Montana fell into the Jets laps, I don't think they'd have anyone in the organization who could develop that player into even a middle of the pack professional QB.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Sanchez is probably shot but I'd rather clean house at all other positions first.
    He is shot. And, you're right, clean house and invest in the trenches. Don't throw more money at a QB.

  7. #27
    What if it's the JETS COACHES who are unable to develop QBs and not the QBs themselves?

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    The Jets had no one on their staff who could have developed Flacco. The also never would have given him Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, and Torey Smith to throw and/or hand off to. So Flacco would have failed here just like Sanchez.

    This is not a quarterback problem, this is an organizational problem.
    That's totally dumb.

    We're talking the year before Sanchez arrived, not many years ago. LOL

    You're saying you wouldn't rather have Flacco right now?


    .
    Last edited by jetrider; 10-01-2012 at 03:03 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What if it's the JETS COACHES who are unable to develop QBs and not the QBs themselves?
    Interesting theory. You might be onto something. I can't believe no one has posed that theory in this thread. You must know a lot about football.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    That's totally dumb.

    We're talking the year before Sanchez arrived, not many years ago. LOL
    Your post makes no sense. Drink much?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    I don't think the Jets would have been able to develop Matt Ryan either.

    If you look at Flacco and Ryan, they have gotten better since their rookie years. Sanchez has not. Maybe that's all Sanchez's fault, maybe he simply has no talent and he's too stupid to read NFL defenses and he has no idea what to do with the ball. Maybe he duped everyone coming out of college, and the Jets unfortunately were the team that fell for it.

    But, I don't think so. A lot of teams were high on Sanchez. If the Jets didn't pick him at #5, some other team would have at #6 or at #8 at the very latest. So, either he had talent, or he was so so successful at fooling pro scouts that they all had him graded as a top 10 player in the draft. Somehow, I don't think Mark Sanchez is one of the best con-men in history, I think he actually has the talent to be a top 10 pick in the NFL.

    If the next Dan Marino or Joe Montana fell into the Jets laps, I don't think they'd have anyone in the organization who could develop that player into even a middle of the pack professional QB.
    I think there's a lot of truth to this.

    I don't know what the hell has happened to the Jets front office in the past two years, but I have no confidence in their ability to evaluate and develop players on the offensive side of the ball.

    Getting a new QB next year won't mean squat if we still have the same talent evaluators and GM.

    Tanny did some great things here, but his time is done. We just have to hope that Woody realizes this. The crux to all of this, however, is where Rex fits into the fold. I personally believe he deserves to have another QB and not be fired, but who the hell knows if a new GM will see himself as a fit with Rex. Every time the coach survives and a new GM is brought in, it never ends well.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    The Jets had no one on their staff who could have developed Flacco. The also never would have given him Anquan Boldin, Ray Rice, and Torey Smith to throw and/or hand off to. So Flacco would have failed here just like Sanchez.

    This is not a quarterback problem, this is an organizational problem.
    And this is a big load of smelly crap.

    When the Ravens traded for Anquan Bolden he was their #1 WR just like Santonio Holmes was/is our #1 receiver via a trade.The Ravens drafted Torey Smith,a speedster who (funny)had a problem with catching the ball and beating Press coverage . The Jets added in the 2nd round,a speedster who (funny) has trouble catching the ball and beating press coverage. The Ravens got a great pick with Ray Rice at RB, but the Jets didn't with Shonne Greene so they tried to see what they could get out of an aging LT.

    In the begining it looked like a stroke og genius with the LT signing,but like with older RBs,he slowed down as the year progressed. On offense the Jets followed basically the same strategy the Ravens did, with 2 exceptions. The ravens have a real GM who knows personell and Flacco is a better prospect than Sanchez. They both have the skills,but Flacco has the heart while Our Boy is just a pretty boy who's scared to get hit.


    We gaved our HCing position to a guy from the Ravens.What model did you think he was going to try an emulate.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    They also loved MAtt Ryan but went DBrick.
    Can you explain what in gods name you are talking about?

    Dbrick was drafted in 2006 and Ryan was drafted in 2008.....

    A bad loss really brings out the worst in people

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    They also loved MAtt Ryan but went DBrick.
    You're thinking Leinart, Ryan was drafted in '08 with Flacco.

  15. #35
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    DRAFT A QB!

    There is a rookie cap now. So you can draft one high and if he's not the franchise guy you expected you can part ways without setting the team back years.

    We need a franchise QB and those rarely come in trades.
    Bingo!

  16. #36
    Don't draft or trade or do anything as long as these a$$clowns are in charge. Anyone they draft or trade for sucks. These guys only know how to screw things up. They could get Brady next week and he will suck. It doesn't matter who is brought in, the entire organization from Woody, Tanny, Rex down to the water boys suck!!!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Don't draft or trade or do anything as long as these a$$clowns are in charge. Anyone they draft or trade for sucks. These guys only know how to screw things up. They could get Brady next week and he will suck. It doesn't matter who is brought in, the entire organization from Woody, Tanny, Rex down to the water boys suck!!!
    Even the Flight Crew uniforms are antiquated and lame.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Even the Flight Crew uniforms are antiquated and lame.
    No kidding, they have been awful since day one. Next though are burkas.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    Interesting theory. You might be onto something. I can't believe no one has posed that theory in this thread. You must know a lot about football.
    Are you trying to act like a jerk or does it come naturally for you?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The ravens have a real GM who knows personell.
    Only intelligent thing in your post, misspellings aside..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us