Thread: Tweet Woody Johnson!

Veteran

Tweet Woody Johnson!

Thanks to CMart on this idea:

Jet's fans: Tweet Woody Johnson and let him know how you feel!

@woodyjohnson4

I tweeted him. (God I hate saying that) As I posted elsewhere, WE are the longest-tenured Jets - the fans - so let's make ourselves heard. Every team can have its ups and downs - that's okay - but we aren't going to sit through another long desert of an untended and uncared-for team. Time to pull the weeds and put something back on the field that the fans deserve.

EDIT: Aaargh - how do I make that link live?

Hall Of Fame
    Woody doesn't care.

He has a slice of a $10B/yr industry.

Woody wins no matter how the team plays.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Woody doesn't care.

I hear you - but I also think insulated billionaires don't really like hearing from the man on the street. Too close for comfort. If ANYTHING is going to be a fly in his ear it is something like this - espc. if our local Jets media can eventually tune into real fan discontent.

Something has to be done. . . Why just burn hours on JI - let Woody know how we feel too.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Woody doesn't care.

You can try something or just post here and complain..Your choice

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I hear you - but I also think insulated billionaires don't really like hearing from the man on the street. Too close for comfort. If ANYTHING is going to be a fly in his ear it is something like this - espc. if our local Jets media can eventually tune into real fan discontent.

Something has to be done. . . Why just burn hours on JI - let Woody know how we feel too.
    Bingo!!!!

Start tweeting the Jets beat writers and express your football observations..Maybe they'll start to do actual research and write meaningful stories exposing this coaching staff for not developing talent and the FO for their mistakes.

Maybe some writer will actually do some research and come out and report that the Tebow move was all Woody's idea..JMO

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

Do you actually think he checks his twitter account?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    No, of course not

But my point is more about making some noise - Woody is symbolic. Someone checks his Twitter account. The local press certainly check theirs.

It's time to make some noise. It was one thing 25 years ago when seats cost you several hundred for the year. The stakes are much higher now and we deserve to have our voices heard.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yes!

Yes..He has replied to some questions..And of course retweeted a Tebow comment Sept 14th

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers "I love being here as a Jet and I want to be here for a long time." - Tim Tebow #tebow
    Retweeted by Woody Johnson

Woody Johnson ‏@woodyjohnson4
    8pm kickoff NBC“@jetfan1964: @woodyjohnson4 what time does the game start Wood man?”

Undrafted Free Agent
    This moron needs to stick with making lotions and get out of the bussiness of Football