Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40 years without a franchise QB

What about Bubby? Wow, did I hate that year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    We need to encourage Woody to change the administration. Send letters directly to his office expressing your outrage and threatening to dump your tickets. It's the only way that he will take action...hit him in the pocketbook.
    The PSLs preclude that action. The only things fans can do is not buy concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What about Bubby? Wow, did I hate that year.
    dear God that shuffle pass that went right to Carolina DL for a TD? I even think they were an expansion team ans Jets lost to them...definitely add the Bubster!

Also remember way back they had Jeff Blake as a 3rd string QB and he went on to have some decent yrs with Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    dear God that shuffle pass that went right to Carolina DL for a TD? I even think they were an expansion team ans Jets lost to them...definitely add the Bubster!

Also remember way back they had Jeff Blake as a 3rd string QB and he went on to have some decent yrs with Cincy.
    Several items smashed that day, mostly my mental health.

And let's not omit Rick Mirer. Remember all the promise when we lured him over? Then, almost literally, he could not throw a football.

And let's not omit Rick Mirer. Remember all the promise when we lured him over? Then, almost literally, he could not throw a football.
    Remember when Tuna refused to put in Ray Lucas when the season could still be salvaged(as far as playoff hopes go)? That caused me to break things, too. Especially when we saw where the Jets ended up..

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Remember when Tuna refused to put in Ray Lucas when the season could still be salvaged(as far as playoff hopes go)? That caused me to break things, too. Especially when we saw where the Jets ended up..
    These are moments which, no matter how hard we try, a Jet fan can never eradicate from one's memory.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Amazing how different Vinny's career would've been if he was not legit color-blind.....and was a tad more accurate in his throws(and decision-making)
    Vinny actually was a good QB once he got away from Tampa Bay. Check his career numbers before and after TB.

Chad Pennington was a sick QB. He got hurt. I'll toss in Vinny back in the season he popped his Achilles' on the first play because he was freaking awesome back then.

Outside of that, they drafted Sanchez and didn't handle his development properly at all. He had a single starting season at a serious college program and should have been sat that year. I firmly believe that the roster in 2009, with a veteran QB who didn't make stupid mistakes (like Matt Moore last year) that club could've gotten to a Super Bowl with a fresh Thomas Jones.

But the first time head coach made an incredibly stupid decision. He acted like Sanchez was Stafford but had a Super Bowl defense, O-line, and running game, which was incredibly short-sighted.

Nice call with Mirer - since we are scarping the bottom of the barrel we have to include Brooks Bollinger and of course Tom Tupa, punter/QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    Nice call with Mirer - since we are scarping the bottom of the barrel we have to include Brooks Bollinger and of course Tom Tupa, punter/QB.
    Neil O'Donnel.