Thread: Good Idea Not to Practice Monday and Tuesday

Good Idea Not to Practice Monday and Tuesday

Maybe. Repetitions can only reinforce bad habits. What is Mouth smoking?

Veteran
    It really pisses me off to think that I'm at work today working hard earning money that I give to Woody and the Jets are home sitting on their ass, relaxing after that performance this weekend.

Tuesday is their normal day off (I believe per the CBA)...And they play Monday night so this is being blown out of proportion

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Tuesday is their normal day off (I believe per the CBA)...And they play Monday night so this is being blown out of proportion
    Beat me to it

All League
    Would it be some sort of copyright infringement if I said I was outraged?

The team needed a time-out after the SF debacle.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yea, but it's still fun ripping them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Check your PMs.

a team thst plays and loses like the jets should not be given any days off until they earn them. rex should have them practicing in the pouring rain at florham park right now. this is the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    I'm outraged.

Don't even think about it pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    a team thst plays and loses like the jets should not be given any days off until they earn them. rex should have them practicing in the pouring rain at florham park right now. this is the nfl.
    I agree. Too bad the owners somehow let the players union turn every week into a poor man's bye week.

"During the regular season, there can be just 14 padded practices for the entirety of the season, 11 of those sessions must be held in the first 11 weeks, and teams can hold no more than two padded practices per week. One padded practice per week is allowed during the playoffs, and all padded practices are limited to three hours max. Also, a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...erapproved-cba

So when exactly are these guys practicing. Yeah I know strategy film room blah blah blah.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The right idea. Plus 2 days without the kids around will allow for some serious discussions, seriously.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    I agree. Too bad the owners somehow let the players union turn every week into a poor man's bye week.

"During the regular season, there can be just 14 padded practices for the entirety of the season, 11 of those sessions must be held in the first 11 weeks, and teams can hold no more than two padded practices per week. One padded practice per week is allowed during the playoffs, and all padded practices are limited to three hours max. Also, a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday."

So when exactly are these guys practicing. Yeah I know strategy film room blah blah blah.
    And yet, teams like SF, Houston and NE somehow manage to win games while playing under these rules..

Well, I would have had their sorry arses in early Monday morning to go over game film of the debacle with the 49ers.

Doesn't matter. I see 44-0 in their future .......

Rookie
    Tuna said he agreed with the move and would have done the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post

This is one of the reasons it's hard to get Rookies on the field. There's very little opportunity for them to prove themselves in practice.

Teams just have to suck it up in games and get them work, only way they'll get better. Coples and Ellis should be on the field EVERY play.