Thread: It's not because we were thoroughly embarassed yesterday

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not because we were thoroughly embarassed yesterday

I will only speak for myself and give you the reasons why I feel as negative and helpless as I do about this franchise and it is not only because of yesterday. It has become painfully obvious that the current leadership of the NY Jets has no idea what it is doing, and I personally have felt that way ever since they traded for a QB controversey. Scarier even, the current regime still thinks that the guys that they had assembled going into this season, were / are good enough to compete for a division title. We all heard Rex Ryan say he thought this was the best team he had since he came here. What this tells me is this regime has no clue how to build a championship team. Furthermore, how is it that every single player they have drafted stinks?

Please don't throw Revis at me because although he is a great CB he has been nothing but an off season money headache, and besides, he was not this regime's pick, oh and Revis does not play on offense so to use his loss as an excuse is ridiculous. Teams lose players to injury every week. Teams pluck other players off of practice squads and they are professional players contributing right away, or have their own NFL caliber depth at some positions; this team has nothing.

This team has spent the last 10 drafts trying to find a pass rusher and still can not rush the opposing QB. Our blitz's don't work, our pass rushes don't work, however, on the other side of the ball, the opponents blitz's always work and their pass rushes always work. I find that mind boggling and it speaks volumes about our player development staff and evaluation skill which to me is what is wrong here. Rex Ryan is not a HC. Mike Tannenbaum is in over his head as well, as is Tony Sparano as OC who is in completely over his head and looks ridiculous. We were told how great the wildcat would be in the RS and, they were made to look absolutely silly yesterday by a team that never runs a wildcat. Then after they torched us with their version of the wildcat, we tried to run ours into the middle of the LOS like we always do with our RB's as well and it made me feel embarrassingly uncomfortable, and it was then that I realized that the current regime has no idea WTF it is doing, no idea what to do to turn this around, and no idea where to go from here.

As a 40+ year Jet fan, I am scared at what I saw yesterday. I saw the team I live and die for and love in complete disarray with zero professional players on the offensive side of the ball, starting with the QB. He was downright offensive yesterday and if I were the HC, he would never see the light of day again. That lazy assed int he threw on the screen play is inexcusable for a 4th NFL caliber year QB which he is not. I could go on forever personnel wise, but I will stop here.

This feels like it did when Indy and Pit knocked us out of the AFCC games 2 & 3 years ago, like our season has ended.

Sorry for the long post guys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole Jets brand is long overdue for a complete rebrand.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are 100% right ASH and great post. I have been a jet fan for 38 years now and I am really concerned about this regime and how it is run. There needs to be some changes and quickly. Maybe its good to blow the rest of the season and go 3-13 get a high draft pick, get rid of Tanny and Rex and just start over.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a sinking feeling we are on the brink of the 2nd coming of the dark ages of Jet football. Yeah I know in todays NFL things can be turned around pretty fast. With an owner who IMO does not really care if we win, and his manlove for the current CS and GM. I mean who can really say Tanny deserves to retain his job?? I mean where the hell is the talent on this team????? There is none! The future looks VERY GRIM Innnnnndeed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I have a sinking feeling we are on the brink of the 2nd coming of the dark ages of Jet football. Yeah I know in todays NFL things can be turned around pretty fast. With an owner who IMO does not really care if we win, and his manlove for the current CS and GM. I mean who can really say Tanny deserves to retain his job?? I mean where the hell is the talent on this team????? There is none! The future looks VERY GRIM Innnnnndeed.
    I think its more the usage of the talent then the talent itself. I think guys like Kerley and Keller can be decent players. They have flashed that potential. Joe Mcknight has some speed as a RB, why isnt he used on screen plays? Why arent we seeing guys like Coples, Maybin and Davis out there more often?

Sporano IMO is clueless he does the same play with Tebow (run up the middle) and sicking with the plodding Greene over Powell who at this point is better than Greene. At least the niners were creative with Kapernick when he came out for a couple plays.

As far as the DC is concerned and I am angry right now because I forget his name...he is just Rex's stooge.....its really pitiful how this organization is run.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I will only speak for myself and give you the reasons why I feel as negative and helpless as I do about this franchise and it is not only because of yesterday. It has become painfully obvious that the current leadership of the NY Jets has no idea what it is doing, and I personally have felt that way ever since they traded for a QB controversey. Scarier even, the current regime still thinks that the guys that they had assembled going into this season, were / are good enough to compete for a division title. We all heard Rex Ryan say he thought this was the best team he had since he came here. What this tells me is this regime has no clue how to build a championship team. Furthermore, how is it that every single player they have drafted stinks?

Please don't throw Revis at me because although he is a great CB he has been nothing but an off season money headache, and besides, he was not this regime's pick, oh and Revis does not play on offense so to use his loss as an excuse is ridiculous. Teams lose players to injury every week. Teams pluck other players off of practice squads and they are professional players contributing right away, or have their own NFL caliber depth at some positions; this team has nothing.

This team has spent the last 10 drafts trying to find a pass rusher and still can not rush the opposing QB. Our blitz's don't work, our pass rushes don't work, however, on the other side of the ball, the opponents blitz's always work and their pass rushes always work. I find that mind boggling and it speaks volumes about our player development staff and evaluation skill which to me is what is wrong here. Rex Ryan is not a HC. Mike Tannenbaum is in over his head as well, as is Tony Sparano as OC who is in completely over his head and looks ridiculous. We were told how great the wildcat would be in the RS and, they were made to look absolutely silly yesterday by a team that never runs a wildcat. Then after they torched us with their version of the wildcat, we tried to run ours into the middle of the LOS like we always do with our RB's as well and it made me feel embarrassingly uncomfortable, and it was then that I realized that the current regime has no idea WTF it is doing, no idea what to do to turn this around, and no idea where to go from here.

As a 40+ year Jet fan, I am scared at what I saw yesterday. I saw the team I live and die for and love in complete disarray with zero professional players on the offensive side of the ball, starting with the QB. He was downright offensive yesterday and if I were the HC, he would never see the light of day again. That lazy assed int he threw on the screen play is inexcusable for a 4th NFL caliber year QB which he is not. I could go on forever personnel wise, but I will stop here.

This feels like it did when Indy and Pit knocked us out of the AFCC games 2 & 3 years ago, like our season has ended.

Sorry for the long post guys.
    30+ in the hole myself and there isn't a single thing here anyone can disagree with. Except of course, the delusional homers will take issue with it.

(I can almost see being a delusional homer for a perennial winner like the Yankees or the Steelers-at least then its almost justified.
    But for the Jets? You have to have mental problems)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you guys also notice our HC looking scared as if he saw Richie Kotite roaming the sidelines yesterday as well? Everytime the camera flashed at Rex he looked like the deer in the headlights. Not a good sign with an even better team coming to town on National TV a week from tonight.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you guys also notice our HC looking scared as if he saw Richie Kotite roaming the sidelines yesterday as well? Everytime the camera flashed at Rex he looked like the deer in the headlights. Not a good sign with an even better team coming to town on National TV a week from tonight.
    Yes good observation. Look I've been loyal jets fan for over 40 years but this thing is going south fast and I'm pretty sure Rex is going to lose this team soon. We need a complete overhaul of the organization.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Yes good observation. Look I've been loyal jets fan for over 40 years but this thing is going south fast and I'm pretty sure Rex is going to lose this team soon. We need a complete overhaul of the organization.
    Rex lost this team last year and he's never regained it. Rex is done and looks about as clueless on how to fix it as I have ever seen an NFL head coach look.

He doesn't look angry and upset but rather when you look in his eyes and his mannerisms, he just looks lost and confused.

Like he's not sure what's happening and has no idea how to fix it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I think its more the usage of the talent then the talent itself. I think guys like Kerley and Keller can be decent players. They have flashed that potential. Joe Mcknight has some speed as a RB, why isnt he used on screen plays? Why arent we seeing guys like Coples, Maybin and Davis out there more often?

Sporano IMO is clueless he does the same play with Tebow (run up the middle) and sicking with the plodding Greene over Powell who at this point is better than Greene. At least the niners were creative with Kapernick when he came out for a couple plays.

As far as the DC is concerned and I am angry right now because I forget his name...he is just Rex's stooge.....its really pitiful how this organization is run.
    Yeah. There is a little of that too. Still this team is VERY WEAK on paper as well as on the field. I really feel Tanny gets most of the blame though. Other than Revis he has done a very poor job, and should have to pay for his mistakes with his job. As for Rex he is pretty much the sole reason for this team being a laughing stock. He has tried to change a bit this year though. If we can bring in a proven winner bring him on. If we have to settle for " The next so called genius" or a retread who could not win somewhere else. Ill pass been ther done that. I would rather stick with Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This team has spent the last 10 drafts trying to find a pass rusher and still can not rush the opposing QB.
    Actually, You're slightly incorrect there. In 2006, the Jets were more focused on upgrading the O-line. Thus they got Brick and Mangold.

Great Post, nonetheless.