Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMFAO @ "rebuilding"

LMFAO @ "rebuilding"

This isn't 1995. Teams don't "rebuild". This is the era of parity, where bottom feeders win divisions the following year.

The Jets have an extremley young roster.

Do they lack youth and athletisim at RB, ILB, OLB? Duh...

But you can improve those spots. "Blowing up" a team is a nonsensical idea that no team does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    This isn't 1995. Teams don't "rebuild". This is the era of parity, where bottom feeders win divisions the following year.

But you can improve those spots. "Blowing up" a team is a nonsensical idea that no team does.
    Rebuild, as in a whole new FO and coaching staff would be nice. Also show #6 the door

All Pro

LOL Tell that to Jim Irsay, The Mara's, and the Rooney's.

Can we get anything for Sanchez? Maybe a tax deduction!

Actually, this is 1995

How many bottom feeders have gone on to win Superbowls the following year? Just because some bad teams had good years afterward doesn't mean that all bad teams do. Jets are an absolute mess right now.

First - you need a QB, only way to do that right is to draft one. Which means it's going to take a few years

Second - This team has NO impact players (except Revis) which means you have to let some of the bad contracts you have expire - then you can sign a quality FA or two.

Third - New GM, new HC means new system (offensive, defensive and ST)

That's a three year project at a minimum. That is rebuilding and there is no way around it.

Tell me how we replace 3 starting LB's, 2 Safeties, a RB, a TE, at least 1 WR, and possibly 1 or 2 OL in one year? Oh, don't forget QB too.

We wont rebuild. No way Woody Johnson will allow that

The SB is coming to Metlife in 2014. Woody is going to do whatever he can to make sure we remain competitive so that there's a chance we could play at home.

Rebuilding is not an option

We've been rebuilding since Namath left.

Hall Of Fame

They actually do not have an extremely young roster, at least not any younger than any other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tell me how we replace 3 starting LB's, 2 Safeties, a RB, a TE, at least 1 WR, and possibly 1 or 2 OL in one year? Oh, don't forget QB too.
    Oh yeah and don't forget the impending Revis noise.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post

The SB is coming to Metlife in 2014. Woody is going to do whatever he can to make sure we remain competitive so that there's a chance we could play at home.

What other option to they have?

They have no QB (it's not like Woody can make Sanchez better)

They're stuck with a bunch of terrible contracts

They have no explosive player-makers - anywhere!

Rebuilding is their only choice...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

First you have to become competitive, before you can remain competitive.

I hate to say it, but we gave up on 2014 when we let Manning go to Denver. Manning was our only option of 2-3 good unquestionable QB years.

I must add, we throw Sanchez under the bus, but receivers have dropped alot of balls this year that they should have had.

Good point - if Revis was healthy I would say deal him for a boatload of picks....cant even do that....cursed!

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I hate to say it, but we gave up on 2014 when we let Manning go to Denver. Manning was our only option of 2-3 good unquestionable QB years.

I must add, we throw Sanchez under the bus, but receivers have dropped alot of balls this year that they should have had.
    My god.....looking back, I can't believe how much I defended Mark against those who wanted and hoped for Manning. I feel like such a fool now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    My god.....looking back, I can't believe how much I defended Mark against those who wanted and hoped for Manning. I feel like such a fool now.
    Don't sweat it. Just like O'Donnell and Mirer before him, Manning would have forgotten how to throw a ball before the ink was dry on his Jet contract.

However you feel about rebuilding; whether we have to or not. You may be right, but my point is it doesn't matter. Woody won't let that happen.

Rebuilding won't happen until 2014 at the earliest

The worries are as follows.

QB - The Qb is not old but he is terrible. QB's cost a team alot whether it be cap wise or paying to get a good one.

Some younger guys who should be moving into their prime are getting worse. David Harris, D'Brick.

The positions where we have some youth and athletic ability are positions the team does not let the players use it. (IE Defensive end, the stop the run mentality means these guys are always holding the fort 1st and then worrying about the pass.)

The jets have done nothing to add speed and athleticism to the position that mosts needs it in the NFL these days. OLB.

We are in perpetual mode in which we have some good players, but not enough, have some big holes and some smaller holes. By the time we fill the holes, others have opened up. A few years from now maybe we get an olb, maybe we get a young QB but now we have no WR's, Revis is gone and our CB's suck, we need new ILB's.

We are caught in a worm hole of mediocrity because not enough of our "drat" picks are filling the holes we drafted them to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The worries are as follows.

We are caught in a worm hole of mediocrity because not enough of our "drat" picks are filling the holes we drafted them to fill.
    Which is why they have to commit to rebuilding (which isn't easy)...

1) Which means trading any tradable talent over 27 for picks. Gives you a better chance of hitting on some.

2) Letting younger picks play, even if they're not ready, to see what you have and get them time to get better.

3) Bring in a GM that understand it's about building an explosive offense.