Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Holmes could "miss weeks"/merged Holmes threads

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    looks like a pretty conscious act from those angles. he could of at least thrown it out of bounds. or he could have curled up and taken a hit. regardless he isn't totally with the jets and if he's out, so what. get someone else.
    Have you ever torn a ligament in your foot? Or damaged anything to the point that your MRI had to be sent to multiple doctors to get a diagnosis? Pretty sure he was in extreme pain, and his last thought was where the god damn football went. I agree it's BS that there isn't a diagnosis yet. But let's face it, he was our only weapon. It's gonna hurt the offense immensely. Defenses are gonna put 11 in the box and dare us to throw to such great wide receivers like Jeremy Kerley (who I like) and Chaz Schilens. Can't wait to see what the #1 defense in the nfl does to this offense Monday night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Pretty sure he was in extreme pain, and his last thought was where the god damn football went.
    Seen some pretty horrific injuries on football fields, on different levels - never seen a guy do that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Have you ever torn a ligament in your foot? Or damaged anything to the point that your MRI had to be sent to multiple doctors to get a diagnosis? Pretty sure he was in extreme pain, and his last thought was where the god damn football went.
    His last thought is about where the football went? Then he's not a football player.

He has the skills...he wears the uniform. But he's not....a football player.

Period.

sHe's a beeotch.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=isired;4627915]Seen some pretty horrific injuries on football fields, on different levels - never seen a guy do

Why isn't anyone making a big deal when Epps did it? He's a professional football player right?

[QUOTE=heymangold;4627921]
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Seen some pretty horrific injuries on football fields, on different levels - never seen a guy do

Why isn't anyone making a big deal when Epps did it? He's a professional football player right?
    Epps fumbled. Holmes laid on the ground and then tossed the ball away.

Let's stop wasting on our time on him. This thread should be locked until there is a definitive injury update. I think it's safe to say most, if not all, are pissed.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Snell41;4627928]

Epps fumbled. Holmes laid on the ground and then tossed the ball away.
    Epps didn't fumble. He got hit in the knee then dropped the ball, just like Holmes.

NFL sources say Jets expect Holmes to miss the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    finish the play, then get carted off the field:

Here is the entire play. Cotchery showed more heart in that one play than Santonio has shown in his Jets career. Check out Sanchez on the play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzr1bTPxDzk

And somehow the braintrust of Rex and Mike T let this guy, and every other decent receiver we had around mark, go.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
    Jets WR S. Holmes has a lisfranc injury to his left foot. Still unclear if it's broken, but is 99% likely out for the season.

And there is your fake injury

@JasonColeYahoo: Jets WR S. Holmes has a lisfranc injury to his left foot. Still unclear if it's broken, but is 99% likely out for the season.

I always grab my knee when I hurt my foot

Bewildered Beast
    Santonio has heart; but he won't do much on a bad team. He's a difference maker; a luxury. Cotchery should have been retained; he's tough as they come. Apparently the right mind set as well; he's the perfect Steeler according to what's been published.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    I always grab my knee when I hurt my foot
    Tell me about your Lisfranc injury, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    Tell me about your Lisfranc injury, son.
    Last time I broke my arm I old them to cast my foot for good measure

The season is over when Woody made his comments. This team is done. I'm throwing in the towel.

All Pro
    Have you ever torn a ligament in your foot? Or damaged anything to the point that your MRI had to be sent to multiple doctors to get a diagnosis? Pretty sure he was in extreme pain, and his last thought was where the god damn football went. I agree it's BS that there isn't a diagnosis yet. But let's face it, he was our only weapon. It's gonna hurt the offense immensely. Defenses are gonna put 11 in the box and dare us to throw to such great wide receivers like Jeremy Kerley (who I like) and Chaz Schilens. Can't wait to see what the #1 defense in the nfl does to this offense Monday night.
    So if they stack the box with 11 guys that should leave somebody open, which is supposed to be when Sanchez is able to hit a receiver.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=heymangold;4627939]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post

Epps didn't fumble. He got hit in the knee then dropped the ball, just like Holmes.
    Holmes defies gravity, drops the ball up.

[QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4628050]

Holmes defies gravity, drops the ball up.
    This made me laugh