Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes could "miss weeks"/merged Holmes threads

is there really no diagnosis as of this am? This whole thing smells IMO

That's pure sissy stuff right there. They can't find anything wrong with the foot. The guy is a loser. There's a reason we got him for a 5th round pick. Tanny is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    This might be the most idiotic thread ever on JI, and thats saying a lot.

He's faking, he's not hurt, he's covering his ass?

OMG this is stupid.
    +1

This whole thread thinks he's faking?? Come on, even if he actually wanted to, this is Santonio Holmes, not Laurence Olivier. He couldn't act this effectively if he wanted to.

Be reasonable guys. The old expression, "He doesn't know his a$$ from his elbow". Hey, it's Santonio - Doesn't know his knee from his foot. But it is probably a stubbed toe, poor baby.
    Swear to God when it happened I thought he tossed the ball up in the air.

All League

I don't understand. He was down, just let the ball sit on your chest, or roll over on it. He threw it! He didn't even use his now free hand to grab his "injured" leg!

I said it in the game thread when it happened: this is all I needed to see of this guy.

never should have been a TD, clearly he gave himself up

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    WTF. There is swelling but there is no break. That is good news people. That mean 2-4 weeks instead of the whole season. Stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I swear some of the comment made here are just idiotic at times.
    Of course he's really injured - sometimes fans get out of control with their conspiracy's. Agreed, sounds like it's not as bad as originally thought. Good thing..

On the other hand I think Revis's injury is basically a hold-out wrapped as an injury

Hall Of Fame
    I thought at the time that throwing the ball in the air the way he did was a brain fart followed by a faked injury when he realized what he had done. He was even stylin' on the ball release.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    never should have been a TD, clearly he gave himself up
    Maybe so but then he should not have popped the ball out that way so it is still really on him.

All League
    finish the play, then get carted off the field:

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    +1

This whole thread thinks he's faking?? Come on, even if he actually wanted to, this is Santonio Holmes, not Laurence Olivier. He couldn't act this effectively if he wanted to.
    I dont think he's faking just very strange that there is no diagnosis few days later....reminds me of Mangini's "injury to lower left extremety" - LOL

It surely was a head scratcher. He had to have been hurt. Sometimes you turn the wrong way and tweak a nerve and it is excruciating and you just cannot maintain. I've done it with a knee skiing and my back just stretching. Both time I had no ill effects but it was paralyzing for awhile. I gotta give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm praying that he comes back real soon. We do need him bad...

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    I dont think he's faking just very strange that there is no diagnosis few days later....reminds me of Mangini's "injury to lower left extremety" - LOL
    *That* I agree with. I'm not sure if they really can't find anything, or they're trying to decide between diagnosing X and Y - and they won't announce either until they've decided...

Listen to all the pros. They all say the same thing. They don't know what he was doing, why he did it, and it definitely shouldn't have been because he had some pain. Jerry Rice was hilarious in his view of that play.

*That* I agree with. I'm not sure if they really can't find anything, or they're trying to decide between diagnosing X and Y - and they won't announce either until they've decided...
    usually when it takes this long to release a diagnosis it is bad - time for 2d and 3rd opinions....I'm expecting done for year.

+1

Faking or not - there is no excuse for flipping that ball away like that.

I was upset rex and Tanny and Woody never sent the message to the team at the end of last year and cutting holmes regardless. He quit, and we stuck by him. Bad move, shows the rest of the team and fans that these things don't matter.

Now Rex has a golden opportunity/second chance at this. Holmes needs to go. Rex will never recover the lockeroom after this if they don't move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    Faking or not - there is no excuse for flipping that ball away like that.

I was upset rex and Tanny and Woody never sent the message to the team at the end of last year and cutting holmes regardless. He quit, and we stuck by him. Bad move, shows the rest of the team and fans that these things don't matter.

Now Rex has a golden opportunity/second chance at this. Holmes needs to go. Rex will never recover the lockeroom after this if they don't move on.
    Holmes on the books for over $11M in 2012 no matter what - doubt they swallow that....they'll go down with the ship.

Moral of the story - beware of Pittsburgh givng players away!

I don't think he's faking. That's just a silly theory with no basis in fact because so many hate the guy. Sure he's a doosh, but fake a major injury? Get real. Look at the clip again. As he comes down, his left foot slams into the turf hard and at an awkward angle (toes pointed straight down). He is favoring his left foot as he barrel rolls and grabs his knee/shin to help keep that foot from contact with the turf. He is definitely doing everything he can to keep that left foot off the ground. We may have a Lisfranc here. Could be major.

Looking at the clip again, as he comes down, his left foot slams into the turf very hard and at an awkward angle (toes pointed straight down). He is favoring his left foot as he barrel rolls and grabs his knee/shin to help keep that foot from contact with the turf. He is definitely doing everything he can to keep that left foot off the ground. We may have a Lisfranc here. Could be major.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'm thinking he's fakin, but I'm not gunna say it.
    I think it's certainly possible, but I'm not gonna say it either.