Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Holmes could "miss weeks"/merged Holmes threads

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    According to the New York Daily News, the feeling in the Jets organization is that Santonio Holmes' foot injury will end his season.
    The Jets are still awaiting final test results, but early indications are anything but positive. The exact nature of the injury has yet to be revealed. After losing their best defensive and offensive playmakers in consecutive weeks, it's fair to wonder if the Jets will be in the hunt for the No. 1 draft pick in April. Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley will be the starting receivers in Week 5 if Stephen Hill (hamstring) remains sidelined. Per beat writer Manish Mehta, the Jets believe that bringing back free agent Plaxico Burress would "hamper" Mark Sanchez.
    With them taking no action before, and currently, and everyone scratching their heads in reaction, it all sounds absurdly staged. Tebow taking over after Sanchez has faced and is completely demolished by the tough defenses sets the stage for letting him and the fans down easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I believe Winslow asked for his release from the Pats because his knee is shot, too painful and he just can't do it any more. He is done.
    Nope, after all the rumors settled, it was because he wanted a bigger role in the offense.

He wasn't happy with being a situational player so he asked for his release and the Patriots granted it.... it really had nothing to do with any injuries.

I think he's looking for a major contributing role.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Nope, after all the rumors settled, it was because he wanted a bigger role in the offense.

He wasn't happy with being a situational player so he asked for his release and the Patriots granted it.... it really had nothing to do with any injuries.

I think he's looking for a major contributing role.
    I hear he's nearly completed the time machine.

Veteran
    That turd is out for the year? That is the only good news this season. Hopefully, he played his last game as a Jet.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    That turd is out for the year? That is the only good news this season. Hopefully, he played his last game as a Jet.
    Hopefully nitwits who claimed he was faking can go back to watching wrestling.

He was easily our best player on O, yet somehow the brain dead who claim to be fans cheer his injury.

You can't make up how stupid this fan base is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    jeremey shockey or kellen winslow immediately improves the te position on this team.
    If Kellen Winslow wasn't in his mid 50's you might have a point.

Rookie
    Winslow would probably be an upgrade to the Jets TE situation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I hear he's nearly completed the time machine.
    That's about what it would take.

Some guys egos can't handle a diminished role.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

He was easily our best player on O, yet somehow the brain dead who claim to be fans cheer his injury.

How stupid we are? The Jets cant even tell us whats wrong with him, but are giving time-frames on his return.

Forgive us our skepticism.

-

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Shockey can block. Something neither Keller nor Cumberland could ever do. It's a no brainer but ofcourse the JI naysayers will continue to scream how "he's done, your stupid" meanwhile none of our skill position players can get open or even throw a decent block once in a while.
    I would look at Shockey 10 times over before the other two. Roto has him rumored to go to the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    a non-contact, I slipped and fell, out-for-the-year injury.

that's gotta be a first.

good riddance.

Neil O'Donnell did it in warmups in 1996 I believe, tripped on along the end zone line

On what planet could someone like Santonio Holmes become a captain of any team?

Think about any team you've even been a part on in your life. Now think about if the HC made the most selfish non-team player the captain. The FN CAPTAIN!!??

Deep down, I wonder how players like Mangold, D'Brick, Moore, Cotchery (at the time) and Pouha really felt about it.

Wonder if it really affected the team........

Rex should be fired for that alone

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

Think about any team you've even been a part on in your life. Now think about if the HC made the most selfish non-team player the captain. The FN CAPTAIN!!??

Deep down, I wonder how players like Mangold, D'Brick, Moore, Cotchery (at the time) and Pouha really felt about it.

Thinking on this makes me angry; and I agree with you, in principle. An action that backfired immensely; how did he not see this coming?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

You get beat down here ALOT, but your point here is absolutely valid.

Not to mention the character guys we let go.

This stuff ABSOLUTELY infects the lockeroom.

Dont know if he should have been fired...but what is telling is that no one told Rex.."whoa"...or if they did...he didnt listen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Holmes WAS our best player? Is he officially in the past tense now? Does this mean I can break out my magnum of Cristal?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Thinking on this makes me angry; and I agree with you, in principle. An action that backfired immensely; how did he not see this coming?
    I have played sports my whole life from little league through two varsity sports in college.

Coached at the high school level both jv and varsity for baseball and basketball.

If I were playing, and they made the most selfish player the captain just to appease his ego I would have lost all respect for my coach.

As a HC on the high school level, for the life of me, I never in a million years would sacrifice the rest of the team for one guy and make him a CAPTAIN to appease his ego.

Only the JETS could think up something as detrimental to the entire team's well being as this.

You cant make this stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You get beat down here ALOT, but your point here is absolutely valid.

Not to mention the character guys we let go.

This stuff ABSOLUTELY infects the lockeroom.

Dont know if he should have been fired...but what is telling is that no one told Rex.."whoa"...or if they did...he didnt listen.
    Thanks 32, I appreciate it. I dont mind the beat down, this is a great place to discuss, never take any of it personal.

Of course I was exaggerating a bit with "Rex should be fired on this alone." My point is how ridiculous some of his moves are at the professional level none the less.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Theisman didn't fumble, didn't toss the ball away, on the play where LT snapped both the upper and lower large bones of his leg in two (or "in four" would be more accurate, I guess), right? If you're too young to have seen it, Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    How stupid we are? The Jets cant even tell us whats wrong with him, but are giving time-frames on his return.

Forgive us our skepticism.

-
    This is how Woody's JETS treat the paying customer, like fools.

Maybe they will resign Plaxico and make him captain?

Absolute joke

looks like a pretty conscious act from those angles. he could of at least thrown it out of bounds. or he could have curled up and taken a hit. regardless he isn't totally with the jets and if he's out, so what. get someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post

I don't understand. He was down, just let the ball sit on your chest, or roll over on it. He threw it! He didn't even use his now free hand to grab his "injured" leg!

I said it in the game thread when it happened: this is all I needed to see of this guy.