Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes could "miss weeks"/merged Holmes threads

Quote Originally Posted by Esiason2Moore TD View Post
    Drs cant read an MRI? Do they work for the Mets?

Just shut him down for the year since that really means he's done for the year if you read between the lines.

What are the chances that he is faking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Just shut him down for the year since that really means he's done for the year if you read between the lines.
    agreed, just shut him down and lets see what the others can do.

Jets Insider VIP
    So how much of a bath would the Jets take if this guy is out the whole year and we cut him?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    I wouldn't bet against it

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He hurt his foot but he went down holding his knee. He has to cover his ass now and be out weeks because of the fumble. Nobody knows what the injury is because he's prob not hurt. I won't gives Holmes the benefit of the doubt. He's a POS!

That was my first thought when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Esiason2Moore TD View Post
    If it is weeks and if this team wants to compete at all. They have to get a vet off the street. Tanny needs to stop acting like a douche and bring someone in. Johnson or Gaffney will be signed for the Texans game. I guess they are going to wait and see where Hill is at. I would not not be surprised if they sign 2 guys. Johnson is a headcase, ever since he went to the island he never came back.

You are not going to go into this next game with Schillens and Kerley as your 1 and 2. I do not see it.

Not bringing Edwards back was a huge mistake, he wanted to stay here. He did not want to go to SF or Seattle, which is why he is not performing. If Edwards was back in NY, he would start playing again.

Man how nice would it be to have Cotchery back. Poor guy is a number 4 in Pitts would be number 2 for the Jets.

Who would sign up for Edwards, Cotchery and Kerley right now? I know I would.
    Last edited by Suffering; 10-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    If it is weeks and if this team wants to compete at all. They have to get a vet off the street. Tanny needs to stop acting like a douche and bring someone in. Johnson or Gaffney will be signed for the Texans game. I guess they are going to wait and see where Hill is at. I would not not be surprised if they sign 2 guys. Johnson is a headcase, ever since he went to the island he never came back.

You are not going to go into this next game with Schillens and Kerley as your 1 and 2. I do not see it.

Not bringing Edwards back was a huge mistake let him go, he wanted to stay here. He did not want to got to SF or Seattle, which is why he is not performing. IF Edwards was back in NY, he would start playing again.

Man how nice would it be to have Cotchery back. Poor guy is a number 4 in Pitts would be number 2 for the Jets.

Who would sign up for Edwards, Cotchery and Kerley right now? I know I would.
    Why? Our offense is completely inept with Holmes in, what makes you think a vet like Johnson or Plax is going to matter at all? We suck and we have a ridiculous amount of needs. Let it be.

All League
    Maybe him being out could be like when the Giants got rid of Shockey...Sanchez doesn't have to worry about keeping him happy... but now it only looks like Kurly and Powell are the only weapons we have...

I can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Why? Our offense is completely inept with Holmes in, what makes you think a vet like Johnson or Plax is going to matter at all? We suck and we have a ridiculous amount of needs. Let it be.
    You have to have something, right now the Jet's have nothing. As bad as Sanchez is, at least the corners of other teams will have to cover somebody. Schillens is garbage, Turner cut him this week pick him up next week.. Come on. You just do not give up in week 4. Maybe week 10 not week 4.

I don't think he is hurt as bad as he made it out to be.

I looked like to me that he threw the ball away on purpose.

I am sick of Holmes.

If he does not come back I could care less.

You have to have something, right now the Jet's have nothing. As bad as Sanchez is, at least the corners of other teams will have to cover somebody. Schillens is garbage, Turner cut him this week pick him up next week.. Come on. You just do not give up in week 4. Maybe week 10 not week 4.
    Whoever you bring in will need to learn the offense, something that Chad Johnson can't do. And Plax, come one. The guy badmouthed Mark and the team all offseason until he realized no other team wanted him. Gaffney is ok, but again how long before he even assimilates himself with the team? It's not worth it IMO. This is Rex's "best team ever" . He should be able to deal with losing one WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Whoever you bring in will need to learn the offense, something that Chad Johnson can't do. And Plax, come one. The guy badmouthed Mark and the team all offseason until he realized no other team wanted him. Gaffney is ok, but again how long before he even assimilates himself with the team? It's not worth it IMO. This is Rex's "best team ever" . He should be able to deal with losing one WR.
    He did not lose one WR he lost 2, also lost the security blanket Keller. This is why you bring in vet's. They can be up to speed in days. These are not guys who have never run a route in the big leagues.
    Last edited by Suffering; 10-01-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I don't think he is hurt as bad as he made it out to be.

I looked like to me that he threw the ball away on purpose.

I am sick of Holmes.

If he does not come back I could care less.
    The only player on this offense with explosion and you don't care? The guy is legitimately hurt and you don't care? Are you for the idea of going the rest of the season with a WR corps of Hill, Kerley, Schilens, Turner and Gates? Sounds real great to me.

He did not lose one WR he lost 2. Also lost the security blanket Keller. This is why you bring in vet's. They can be up to speed in days. These are not guys who have never run a route in the big leagues.
    Keller will be back this week, so will Hill most likely. If Shilens can't handle being the #2/3 guy then why did they sign him in the offseason? Well, I already know that answer but still, can't see them signing Gaffney.

Veteran
    ^This. Political protest injury.

Just like the hammy when he disagreed with Sparano's work pace and the rib injury when Cro dabbled at WR.

Frankly, I was anticipating McKnight to go down next if he didn't like his new CB gig.

The guy has no trade value. Just cut him. He is a cancer and This is a lost season.