Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes could "miss weeks"/merged Holmes threads

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the fuss? He "misses" games all the time.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Keller will be back this week, so will Hill most likely. If Shilens can't handle being the #2/3 guy then why did they sign him in the offseason? Well, I already know that answer but still, can't see them signing Gaffney.
    I have heard nothing about Keller, if he is ready that is great news. Hill is up in the air and from what I saw he still can't catch the football. Holmes was by far and away the Jets best offensive player. He will now be out weeks. They need a vet ASAP.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What????? They can't find what is wrong with him, but he threw the ball away? That's insanity.

OF course, no one on the Jets will hold him accountable for it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    this isnt good news for all parties holmes jets us fans you name it we all lose.

i wish i could toss my psls and tix like he did that football yesterday.

what a mess this organization is in right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post

Not bringing Edwards back was a huge mistake, he wanted to stay here. He did not want to go to SF or Seattle, which is why he is not performing. If Edwards was back in NY, he would start playing again.

Man....the Jets(especially Mark) could really use Braylon at this point. He'd certainly be an upgrade over the flotsam we currently have(no offense to Kerley).

He's like the 5th WR on Seattle......Here he'd be, at least, the #2 receiver.

Maybe he's "Done" but a "Done" BE would still perform better(and catch the friggin' ball) than what we have currently.

Anyway, it's a moot point unless Petey decides to dump BE...

EDIT : Hill has shown me NOTHING except that he has stone-hands. Not so good.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Man....the Jets(especially Mark) could really use Braylon at this point. He'd certainly be an upgrade over the flotsam we currently have(no offense to Kerley).

He's like the 5th WR on Seattle......Here he'd be, at least, the #2 receiver.

Maybe he's "Done" but a "Done" BE would still perform better(and catch the friggin' ball) than what we have currently.

Anyway, it's a moot point unless Petey decides to dump BE...

EDIT : Hill has shown me NOTHING except that he has stone-hands. Not so good.
    Don't be surprised if BE plays games and tries to get cut on purpose. He wants back here. He even said something on Hard Knocks about Rex. I do not remember exactly, but right then and there he had no chance of being signed by the Fish.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    theres an evident reason why edwards isnt in a jet uniform. maybe he hit on woodys hot wife. its deeper than the jets not wanting him as a football player injuries aside.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He grabbed his knee, but he hurt his foot? Jeesus, this dude is like the soccer players who grab their ankles like it's broken when any part of their bodies' get touched.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I don't think he is hurt as bad as he made it out to be.

I looked like to me that he threw the ball away on purpose.

I am sick of Holmes.

If he does not come back I could care less.

yes

yes

yes

yes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's totally faking.

And he threw the ball away on purpose.

This is where a professional football organization eats a contract and cuts a player, no matter how much it costs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    When the going gets tough, you can count on players like Santonio Holmes (to quit on the team). **** him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    He hurt his foot but he went down holding his knee. He has to cover his ass now and be out weeks because of the fumble. Nobody knows what the injury is because he's prob not hurt. I won't gives Holmes the benefit of the doubt. He's a POS!
    Awesomeness. Like my new sig?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    The only player on this offense with explosion and you don't care? The guy is legitimately hurt and you don't care? Are you for the idea of going the rest of the season with a WR corps of Hill, Kerley, Schilens, Turner and Gates? Sounds real great to me.
    The idea sounds great to me .. Holmes is a quitter and a cancer. The only reason he was not cut before the season was his salary and the effect it would have on the cap.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    When the going gets tough, you can count on players like Santonio Holmes (to quit on the team). **** him.
    agree. there has to be a team that is willing to trade for him. we need him gone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have to cut him or put him on IR then cut after the season. The first game the offense looked good and Holmes got 4 looks. At Pitt, it looked like we were forcing him the ball, same with Miami. Same crap different year. you can't have a WR undermining the QB no matter who the QB is or if they are good or not. Not even Randy Moss did this crap to Cassel.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    theres an evident reason why edwards isnt in a jet uniform. maybe he hit on woodys hot wife. its deeper than the jets not wanting him as a football player injuries aside.

If this was Woody's call, then he's a moron of the highest order and I hope his stocks plummet to Great-Depression levels.

If this was Tanny's call, he needs to be fired, PERIOD.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put this dick on IR and release him ASAP.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched the replay a few times. I don't think there's anything wrong with him.

there's nothing awkward about the way he planted his foot, he just slipped. there's no sight of him wincing in pain or reaching for his leg until well after he's tossed the ball and has rolled over on his side.

and then of course, as mentioned he grabs his knee.

couple that with the fact that doctors haven't found any issue yet.

my professional diagnosis - he's full of ****.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So wtf is his diagnosis?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    What are the chances that he is faking it?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    That was my first thought when it happened.
    Ditto.