Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Firing Hierarchy

  1. #1

    The Firing Hierarchy

    If/when the team continues to struggle, in what order will the firings or demotions go?

    I think it goes:

    1. Sanchez: Tebow isn't the long-term "answer" but neither is Sanchez. All other things being equal, a sub 50 completion percentage QB that can keep defenses honest with the threat of running is better than a sub 50 completion percentage QB who can't.

    2. Tanny: If Jets players aren't getting it done, and the "next man up" can't get it done, that's a talent issue and falls on the GM. Mix in a terrible Sanchez contract extension, and I think Tanny gets the axe before Rex.

    3. Rex. I don't see this happening this season, and genuinely think Rex will be back on a much shorter leash in 2013 regardless of whether or not the Jets win another game this season. That being said, I'm starting to feel more and more like Rex belongs in that awkward position somewhere in-between Defensive Coordinator and Head Coach.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    If/when the team continues to struggle, in what order will the firings or demotions go?

    I think it goes:

    1. Sanchez: Tebow isn't the long-term "answer" but neither is Sanchez. All other things being equal, a sub 50 completion percentage QB that can keep defenses honest with the threat of running is better than a sub 50 completion percentage QB who can't.

    2. Tanny: If Jets players aren't getting it done, and the "next man up" can't get it done, that's a talent issue and falls on the GM. Mix in a terrible Sanchez contract extension, and I think Tanny gets the axe before Rex.

    3. Rex. I don't see this happening this season, and genuinely think Rex will be back on a much shorter leash in 2013 regardless of whether or not the Jets win another game this season. That being said, I'm starting to feel more and more like Rex belongs in that awkward position somewhere in-between Defensive Coordinator and Head Coach.
    It has to happen at the end of this year or else we are completely screwed for more than 5 years to come. Just looking at Rex on the sidelines yesterday was all I had to see to tell me he is done as a HC.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    If/when the team continues to struggle, in what order will the firings or demotions go?

    I think it goes:

    1. Sanchez: Tebow isn't the long-term "answer" but neither is Sanchez. All other things being equal, a sub 50 completion percentage QB that can keep defenses honest with the threat of running is better than a sub 50 completion percentage QB who can't.

    2. Tanny: If Jets players aren't getting it done, and the "next man up" can't get it done, that's a talent issue and falls on the GM. Mix in a terrible Sanchez contract extension, and I think Tanny gets the axe before Rex.

    3. Rex. I don't see this happening this season, and genuinely think Rex will be back on a much shorter leash in 2013 regardless of whether or not the Jets win another game this season. That being said, I'm starting to feel more and more like Rex belongs in that awkward position somewhere in-between Defensive Coordinator and Head Coach.
    Did we ever get a reasonable explanation for as to why the Jets extended Sanchez's guarantee?

  4. #4
    Rex and Tanny are under contract for 2013 + Woody is a cheapskate = They will both be back for one more go-around.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Did we ever get a reasonable explanation for as to why the Jets extended Sanchez's guarantee?
    We never did. But clearly looking at everything that transpired I would say that it was 80% to give Sanchez a "vote of confidence" after the Tebow trade and 20% maneuvering for cap space in 2012.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Rex and Tanny are under contract for 2013 + Woody is a cheapskate = They will both be back for one more go-around.
    So will Mark. This thread is a non-starter.

  7. #7
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Woody needs to bring in Bill Parcells right now, its clear now that these Morons dont know how to run a franchise

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    Woody needs to bring in Bill Parcells right now, its clear now that these Morons dont know how to run a franchise
    Yes 'cause Tuna did such a "GOOD JOB" with the Fish.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,119
    You know nothing about the game.

  10. #10
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Yes 'cause Tuna did such a "GOOD JOB" with the Fish.
    they still have a better o line and dline... and they should've won against us if it weren't for a kicker

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us