Thread: "Best Jets team yet"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

"Best Jets team yet"

Before the season started: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...jets-team-yet/

The biggest fundamental flaw I see in Rex is his inability to see his team objectively. It's fine if you're a cool-aid drinking homer to be a moron, but if you're running the team, being biased will get you fired quick. This one important flaw has led to the great talent drain we've seen since he's taken over. He took over a deep, talented Jets team that he coached up (albeit with some lucky breaks) to 2 AFC championship game. For him to see this current team and say that it's his best team yet, is just mind numbingingly stupid.

• DL sucks
    • LBs old and slow (i've never seen a LB unit so unathletic). In the age of passing, we have Scott, Harris, and Pace all trying to cover SMH.
    • OL is way overrated
    • RBs are slow as molasses (how the hell do the Pats have two dynamic young RBs, one being undrafted, and we can't get one that's halfway decent?)
    • WRs - what else needs to be said about these joksters
    • QB - might go down as the worst starting QB in the history if he's kept in all year

The one saving grace Ryan has had all this time was Revis, and his ability to scare the crap out of even the best QBs. Now that he's gone, oh boy, we're looking at a 'kill yourself bad' type of season.

If we're gonna be bad, we might as well be REAL bad and get that #1 pick.
    Last edited by First DOWN!; 10-01-2012 at 01:48 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the media and fans already know he's full of hot air. the difference this year is that i think the players now think this too. that's why they quit on him yesterday. rex isn't accustomed to this.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the media and fans already know he's full of hot air. the difference this year is that i think the players now think this too. that's why they quit on him yesterday. rex isn't accustomed to this.
    What will it take to facilitate change is the bigger question.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    What will it take to facilitate change is the bigger question.
    at this point, i'd be shocked if tanny is drafting in 2013. sanchez has only 1 yr left on the team. rex may stay, but i don't think he's first to go. the best thing would be if they drafted a qb and basically rendered sanchez a 1 yr lame duck qb and maybe they trade him and eat some of the salary just to get him off the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    at this point, i'd be shocked if tanny is drafting in 2013. sanchez has only 1 yr left on the team. rex may stay, but i don't think he's first to go. the best thing would be if they drafted a qb and basically rendered sanchez a 1 yr lame duck qb and maybe they trade him and eat some of the salary just to get him off the team.
    If we finish with less than 5 wins, I'd be shocked if Tanny and Rex are still here. Tanny shopped for the players so he's definitely gone, but Rex has put the noose around his own neck by his constant yapping about having this great team. When he boasts about this team in the past, he's always made it sound like he was part of the process in picking players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex said this could be the best team yet...he didn't declare that it WAS the best team... sheesh...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the head clown hopefully has hung himself with his big mouth. He claims to be the best defensive mind in the league but the defense is last or close to last in most categories, he says this was his best team yet but could very well end up as his worst instead. the fun and games are over. Get a football guy at the top and then clean house

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please see below my response to your list..

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Before the season started:

• DL sucks Agree
    • LBs old and slow (i've never seen a LB unit so unathletic). In the age of passing, we have Scott, Harris, and Pace all trying to cover SMH. Agree
    • OL is way overrated Don't see were they rated as anything mediocre..still think Mangold is a stud and D'Brick is good, the rest...meh
    • RBs are slow as molasses (how the hell do the Pats have two dynamic young RBs, one being undrafted, and we can't get one that's halfway decent?) Agree
    • WRs - what else needs to be said about these joksters -- the dumbest team in the league
    • QB - might go down as the worst starting QB in the history if he's kept in all year -- don't agree, he's proven he can win on the road in the playoffs..there are no play makers on offense at all

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Rex said this could be the best team yet...he didn't declare that it WAS the best team... sheesh...
    Yeah, and Bart Scott couldn't wait to play the Steelers in the AFCCG.

The Rex Ryan era will be known for one thing: Cheap Talk.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Yeah, and Bart Scott couldn't wait to play the Steelers in the AFCCG.

The Rex Ryan era will be known for one thing: Cheap Talk.
    It will be the recipe for what NOT to do. Draft poorly, trade away picks for aging vets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Please see below my response to your list..
    I agree that Mangold is a stud. D'Brick IMO is average. We paid way too much for him.

Regarding Sanchez, he won on the road because he had a great team around him. If you're comparing him to Trent Dilfer, then yeah he's comparable. They're both game managers, although I'll say that Sanchez is more athletic and mobile. Where Sanchez falls short is his IQ. He's just not a smart QB. He has the athleticism to be good. It's not like he has a weak arm, yet he can't process the action in front of him fast enough to make the right decision. When we made those playoff runs, the plays that we called took the ball out of his hand and relied on everyone for it to succeed. Now that we have to rely on Sanchez to be an efficient offense, we are failing.

What makes this worse is that we moved up in the draft to pick him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can they quit on him yesterday if they sucked to begin with?

I mean....if they played hard, they'd suck. If they didn't play hard, they'd suck.

Makes no difference at this point...THE *TALENT* JUST ISN'T THERE!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    How can they quit on him yesterday if they sucked to begin with?

I mean....if they played hard, they'd suck. If they didn't play hard, they'd suck.

Makes no difference at this point...THE *TALENT* JUST ISN'T THERE!
    +1

Although when SF blocked that punt with only one guy rushing, it looked like the team just didn't give a f*ck.