Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: You're Problem Starts at Woody Johnson.

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like

    You're Problem Starts at Woody Johnson.

    When your owner is on the radio the day after one of the worst home loses in recent memory, talking about how much money is giving Mitt Romney, there is a problem. Before everyone says, oh Woody spends money! Yeah, he spent money from 2008-2010, when he had to. He needed publicity and people to buy PSL's to he told Tanny to get the best people on the market and bring in Favre, and etc. What did he do from 2000-2004? He let great players at the time like Coles, Thomas, and etc walk because they demanded more money and he didn't have to sell tickets. Now that he has his PSL's he could give a ****. He hasn't demanded Tanny put together a team. He demands headlines, like going out and signing a jail bitten Plaxico. He has become a penny saver the last two years when it comes to personnel. When we have a owner who cares about their team like the Rooneys, we will finally be okay.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    When your owner is on the radio the day after one of the worst home loses in recent memory, talking about how much money is giving Mitt Romney, there is a problem. Before everyone says, oh Woody spends money! Yeah, he spent money from 2008-2010, when he had to. He needed publicity and people to buy PSL's to he told Tanny to get the best people on the market and bring in Favre, and etc. What did he do from 2000-2004? He let great players at the time like Coles, Thomas, and etc walk because they demanded more money and he didn't have to sell tickets. Now that he has his PSL's he could give a ****. He hasn't demanded Tanny put together a team. He demands headlines, like going out and signing a jail bitten Plaxico. He has become a penny saver the last two years when it comes to personnel. When we have a owner who cares about their team like the Rooneys, we will finally be okay.
    You'll have a very long wait. While he isn't selling tickets like he thought he would, the value of the Franchise has doubled since he bought it. He is not going anywhere.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    When your owner is on the radio the day after one of the worst home loses in recent memory, talking about how much money is giving Mitt Romney, there is a problem. Before everyone says, oh Woody spends money! Yeah, he spent money from 2008-2010, when he had to. He needed publicity and people to buy PSL's to he told Tanny to get the best people on the market and bring in Favre, and etc. What did he do from 2000-2004? He let great players at the time like Coles, Thomas, and etc walk because they demanded more money and he didn't have to sell tickets. Now that he has his PSL's he could give a ****. He hasn't demanded Tanny put together a team. He demands headlines, like going out and signing a jail bitten Plaxico. He has become a penny saver the last two years when it comes to personnel. When we have a owner who cares about their team like the Rooneys, we will finally be okay.
    Maybe it's because I spent so many years rooting/suffering for this team when Leon Hess was the owner, but I don't believe Woody is a bad owner.

    Also his politics is a separate issue. Just because the Jets had a poor/embarrassing performance doesn't he can't be on TV for other matters.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody is a businessman, I'm pretty sure a man of his status has more on his plate than a sports franchise. The Jets are his hobby.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to say it but Bill Belichik knew to run away as fast as possible when Woody bought the team. He knew that Woody was not the type of owner to work for

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    Woody is a businessman, I'm pretty sure a man of his status has more on his plate than a sports franchise. The Jets are his hobby.
    That's the most depressing thing :


    The Jets are his HOBBY. In other words, he doesn't TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!!


    At least the Maras take the Giants seriously but do we ever have an owner that takes the JETS seriously? NOOOOO.

    Instead we either have an INCOMPETENT Owner(RIP Hess, though) or an INCOMPETENT Owner who treats the Jets as his HOBBY.











    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I hate to say it but Bill Belichik knew to run away as fast as possible when Woody bought the team. He knew that Woody was not the type of owner to work for
    Actually, I seem to recall that Bellichik left waaay before a new owner was even considered.



    Bill simply decided to bail because he knew how much a CURSE the Jets are under.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unlike Leon Hess there is a corporate mentality under Woody Johnson that is just sickening. He could care less that there were as many 49er fans in the stands as Jets fans. Woody Johnson has treated the fans from day one with disrespect. It is crystal clear why Parcells and Bellicheck ran from him. As bad as Hess, just with a corporate ugliness to it. PSLs, $50 for parking, trade for Favre, "More Tebow" LMFAO

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what kind of businessman is Woody Johnson? He has failed in everything he ever ventured in.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Exactly what kind of businessman is Woody Johnson? He has failed in everything he ever ventured in.
    many people would argue he's in the lucky sperm business and he hit a home run.

    i believe he has other investments and such - it's not like he's the worst person (in terms of running his inheritance into the ground).

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I hate to say it but Bill Belichik knew to run away as fast as possible when Woody bought the team. He knew that Woody was not the type of owner to work for
    100% correct. Woody has absolutely zero football acumen and therefore does not understand how to build an organization.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Exactly what kind of businessman is Woody Johnson? He has failed in everything he ever ventured in.
    the JETS have doubled in value since he bought them.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    the JETS have doubled in value since he bought them.
    Not as much as they could have increased if he entered into a different stadium deal and not lost a fortune trying to get the WSS.

    The Jets are a private company and do not open their books. We don't know the bottom line of the team and whether they have been bleeding money. Yes, the value of the team has gone up. I would say in spite of him not because of him.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 10-01-2012 at 03:08 PM.

  13. #13
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    he needs to sell the Jets and go back to making lotions

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    he needs to sell the Jets and go back to making lotions


    Hmm....."lotions".....and then looking at your sig.....


    I'll buy THAT for a dollar.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Hmm....."lotions".....and then looking at your sig.....


    I'll buy THAT for a dollar.
    He never worked for J & J. His father was thrown out of the business by Woody's grandfather long before Woody ever had a chance to ruin it.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Maybe it's because I spent so many years rooting/suffering for this team when Leon Hess was the owner, but I don't believe Woody is a bad owner.

    Also his politics is a separate issue. Just because the Jets had a poor/embarrassing performance doesn't he can't be on TV for other matters.
    Not to mention it isn't about Woody not spending money....the Jets have been up against the cap every year. It is how that money has been spent.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    He never worked for J & J. His father was thrown out of the business by Woody's grandfather long before Woody ever had a chance to ruin it.
    Hmmm? Oh sorry...wasn't paying attention since I was "distracted" by Prag's sig.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,862
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Not to mention it isn't about Woody not spending money....the Jets have been up against the cap every year. It is how that money has been spent.
    Not true. We are $8 Mil under the cap this year and I believe we were under last year also - not to mention that he refuses to eat guaranteed money on contracts which keeps unmotivated losers on our team and in our coaches room.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Hmmm? Oh sorry...wasn't paying attention since I was "distracted" by Prag's sig.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Not as much as they could have increased if he entered into a different stadium deal and not lost a fortune trying to get the WSS.

    The Jets are a private company and do not open their books. We don't know the bottom line of the team and whether they have been bleeding money. Yes, the value of the team has gone up. I would say in spite of him not because of him.
    and if he built a stadium in Queens you would think he's the best owner ever.

    i haven't seen the results but is there a better period of time (record wise, playoff appearances, etc) since Woody became owner?

    we understand your upset at him given you are a ZIP code fan. but the results on the field seem to not back up your claim.

  20. #20
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    and if he built a stadium in Queens you would think he's the best owner ever.

    i haven't seen the results but is there a better period of time (record wise, playoff appearances, etc) since Woody became owner?

    we understand your upset at him given you are a ZIP code fan. but the results on the field seem to not back up your claim.
    it doesn't take a genius to realize that woody dont have a clue how to win in the NFL.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us