Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you recall a Jets RB having a worse season than Greene?

Can you recall a Jets RB having a worse season than Greene?

I think back to the year we signed Kevan Barlow, Mangini's first season. He was dreadful. Greene has probably been worse through 4 games.

We got spoiled with Martin, Jones, and even LT to an extent. Our running game has never looked worse....

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I think back to the year we signed Kevan Barlow, Mangini's first season. He was dreadful. Greene has probably been worse through 4 games.

We got spoiled with Martin, Jones, and even LT to an extent. Our running game has never looked worse....
    Yeah he is slow, can't find the hole and goes down way too easy for a big back. He should be benched. Powell is better, and I think they should mix in Mcknight and add some speed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Yeah he is slow, can't find the hole and goes down way too easy for a big back. He should be benched. Powell is better, and I think they should mix in Mcknight and add some speed.
    Powell is pretty average too but he looks way better than Greene, which is scary.

Yeah.

Blair Thomas, Barlow as you pointed out.

There were some others who filled the gap between McNeil and Murrell and Murrell and Martin that I can't remember who were all pretty terrible.

Blair Thomas is the worst though. He was putrid.

Greene is so bad, he almost make's Bilell Powell look good.....

Greene , who showed tremendous promise in rookie season, has failed to develop into a featured back...

Mcknight IMO is better runner than Powell, but probably not as well rounded in terms of ability to assist in pass protection..

Barlow was terrible.
    Ronald Moore was pretty bad too

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Yeah.

Blair Thomas, Barlow as you pointed out.

There were some others who filled the gap between McNeil and Murrell and Murrell and Martin that I can't remember who were all pretty terrible.

Blair Thomas is the worst though. He was putrid.
    Blair Thomas, yiked, forgot about him. What a bust of a pick he turned out to be. At least Greene was only a 3rd rounder and obviously did contribute some in year's past. Tanny has gotten too cute with the RB position though and now we're stuck with a bad group.

Jets Insider VIP

Average life of a RB is 3 years unfortunately.

Greene has carried more than he should. He is NO bust but perhaps the end is very near.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Greene is so bad, he almost make's Bilell Powell look good.....

Greene , who showed tremendous promise in rookie season, has failed to develop into a featured back...

Mcknight IMO is better runner than Powell, but probably not as well rounded in terms of ability to assist in pass protection..
    this is the perfect way to put it!! because its so true, anyone who thinks powell is any good is a fool...and he is slightly better then the BUM greene..

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Average life of a RB is 3 years unfortunately.

Greene has carried more than he should. He is NO bust but perhaps the end is very near.
    Greene won't even be in the league next year at this rate. Heck, a guy like Benson who actually was coming off productive NFL seasons barely made a roster. RB is most easily replaceable position and nobody wants a guy coming off a year in which he averaged 3 YPC

All League
    '81-'88 Freeman McNeil

'89 - Johnny Hector

'90-'91 Blair Thomas - BAD

'92 BRAD BAXTER THE FB was our leading Rusher BAD

'93-'94 Johnny Johnson - meh, Record for the longest running play from scrimmage (90 yards v Colts) w/o scoring a TD - BAD

'95-'97 Adrien Murrell - decent player

'98-'05 Curtis Martin HOF RB

'06 Leon Washington was our lead RB, but Kevin Barlow was the starter who we traded for AFTER the trade of Lee Suggs from CLE collapsed due to failed physical

'07-'09 T Jones was a BEAST.

So I'd say yeah, this is the worst RB situation we've had in about 20 years dating back to the early 90's and the first year of the Mangini era

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Thomas Jones was really underrated. He was so consistent, always put us in manageable 2nd and 3rd down situations.

And speaking of runningbacks, I switched back and forth between the Jets game and the Houston/Tenn game yesterday (friend is a Texans fan) and Arian Foster was amazing to watch. He follows his blocks so well. He's going to embarrass us on Monday.

Arian Foster is kind of a product of their system.

Veteran
    This guy wasn't exactly DMC coming out of Iowa, was he?? Did we expect more from this kid??

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Thomas Jones was really underrated. He was so consistent, always put us in manageable 2nd and 3rd down situations.

And speaking of runningbacks, I switched back and forth between the Jets game and the Houston/Tenn game yesterday (friend is a Texans fan) and Arian Foster was amazing to watch. He follows his blocks so well. He's going to embarrass us on Monday.
    Ben Tate is really good too.

175 rushing yards for the Texans, easy. More if they're beating us by 20.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

TJ was underrated but he contributed to that. He was a late bloomer, b/c in '07 he was HOT GARBAGE. He really didn't light it up for us until 2008 - shoulda been a ProBowler that year 1312 yds 13 TDs - and 2009 w/1402 yds and 14 TDs

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Ben Tate is really good too.

175 rushing yards for the Texans, easy. More if they're beating us by 20.
    Probably true. I could see the D giving better effort and maybe limiting damage a bit, but the offense is going to get annihilated and probably turn it over. I think our D could play well enough to keep it respectable. Offense will turn it over and eventually, D will probably give up

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Barlow was terrible.
    Ronald Moore was pretty bad too
    What do Greene, Barlow and Moore have in common?

All 3 averaged 2.8 ypc with the Jets in a season (Barlow, 2006 and Moore, 1995).

That's how bad Greene has been.

Probably true. I could see the D giving better effort and maybe limiting damage a bit, but the offense is going to get annihilated and probably turn it over. I think our D could play well enough to keep it respectable. Offense will turn it over and eventually, D will probably give up
    Whether or not they want to. You can't play 40 minutes of defense at a high level, and there's simply no reason at this time to expect a better effort from the Jets offense with Holmes out against a monster defense.

Defense will most likely be gassed by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    What do Greene, Barlow and Moore have in common?

All 3 averaged 2.8 ypc with the Jets in a season (Barlow, 2006 and Moore, 1995).

That's how bad Greene has been.
    The '06 offense at least had an NFL-caliber QB and a misdirection offense that actually produced.

Could the Jets really be re-living '95 (and God forbid, '96)?