Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you recall a Jets RB having a worse season than Greene?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    The '06 offense at least had an NFL-caliber QB and a misdirection offense that actually produced.

Could the Jets really be re-living '95 (and God forbid, '96)?
    I was at our fan club yesterday and I stated...I think the 92-96 JETS could beat this team.

Whether or not they want to. You can't play 40 minutes of defense at a high level, and there's simply no reason at this time to expect a better effort from the Jets offense with Holmes out against a monster defense.

Defense will most likely be gassed by the end of the 2nd quarter.
    Yeah people forget that the D played respectable yesterday up until Sanchez's bad turnover which took all momentum from the team. When your QB can't complete passes and gives the other team the ball, eventually that poor play spreads to the D too. It's human nature, when they see the futility of the effort, it goes away....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathis81 View Post
    This guy wasn't exactly DMC coming out of Iowa, was he?? Did we expect more from this kid??
    no but we all got enamored by all the big runs he broke in his rookie season, esp in the playoffs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I think back to the year we signed Kevan Barlow, Mangini's first season. He was dreadful. Greene has probably been worse through 4 games.

We got spoiled with Martin, Jones, and even LT to an extent. Our running game has never looked worse....
    Without tearing an ACL, it's hard to imagine a worse year.

All League
    barlow/blaylock were pretty terrible

Veteran
    Roger Vick...........bad memories

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    barlow/blaylock were pretty terrible
    Greene's in some pretty bad company. But I remember Barlow having a surprisingly decent 100 yard game IIRC against Pitt or SF/NE, one of those teams lol.

Shonn has been unacceptable lately. Who'd have thought we'd hearken back to the golden age of TTY Jones??

The '06 offense at least had an NFL-caliber QB and a misdirection offense that actually produced.

Could the Jets really be re-living '95 (and God forbid, '96)?
    LOL. I know it is not funny, but I do not think it is that bad. Or at least I do not want to think that

Jets Insider VIP
    The biggest problems with our running game stem from...

1. Downgrade from Tony Richardson to John Connor
    2. Downgrade from Damien Woody to Hunter/Howard
    3. Downgrade from Thomas Jones / LT to Greene
    4. No deep pass threat. No team in the NFL is concerned AT ALL that the Jets will pass their way down the field so they gear up to stop the run.

ALL 4 of the above reasons are due to poor personnel planning and front office (drafting, FA). I blame Tannenbaum.