Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems most of us have mellowed out wtf

Jets Insider VIP

Seems most of us have mellowed out wtf

Was not to long ago we would all be over on that strip, before the hampur cursing eachother out, personally attacking with reckless abandonment, and generally just weep with rage towards the Jets organization.

What do you attribute this too? Grown up. Could really give a **** anymore. On a different level. The NY Jets have made you immune to any such emotions anymore.
    The people on the strip are a bunch of intolerable ****ing schmucks.

I choose all I think.

I haven't been here long enough. But I argue with enough giants fans on the daily that I can't and don't see the need to go neck and neck with a fellow tortured soul.
    Last edited by Gata; 10-01-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Rookie
    Haven't been on the Strife since last Monday and my life has improved. I find that my mouse cord has more football knowledge than 90+% of the people there.

I also had enough of people using "FACT" in front of their opinion in an attempt to turn it into something to be regarded as a fact. I was working on digitizing my fist to email it to them but alas, it still wouldn't strike them in their stupid faces.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Was not to long ago we would all be over on that strip, before the hampur cursing eachother out, personally attacking with reckless abandonment, and generally just weep with rage towards the Jets organization.

What do you attribute this too? Grown up. Could really give a **** anymore. On a different level. The NY Jets have made you immune to any such emotions anymore.

I choose all I think.
    30 years of abuse can change a man. It has for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I haven't been here long enough. But I argue with enough giants fans on the daily that I can't and don't see the need to go neck and neck with a fellow tortured soul.
    Yes but at this point jet fans arguing with giant fans is like met fans arguing with Yankees fans. You can not win ever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You made me think of Clint Eastwood when you said this. Well done

Whats the point?

He Riddles me. The ancient riddle: "What's the point?" Have you ever seen an eagle flying back to his home with dinner for the Mrs. and all the little eagle babies. And he's flying against the wind and he's flying in the rain and he's flying through bullets and all kinds of hell, and then right at that moment when he's about to get back to his nest, he says, "What the ****, it's a drag being an eagle" and right then two little x'es comes across his eyes just like in the old fashion cartoons. And he goes plunging down, and down and down and BAM. He's just a splatter of feathers and then we don't have the national bird of America no more. Did you ever see that?

No.

Me Neither. Eagle's got too much self-respect.

How's yours?

Jets Insider VIP
    Same here... at least the Giants lost too, otherwise it would be long day today...

Hall Of Fame

I choose all I think.
    There was a time years ago, when a Jets loss would determine my mood for Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday. I'm not sure why, but I don't really care that much anymore. If they do well fine, but I'm more concerned about my own life. Might have something to do with mediocre players making millions and my team charging $100 plus for tickets (not to mention they want the fans to buy a license to get ripped off). Don't know why, but it's mentally healthy not getting upset over the Jets. This apathy started after Brien's missed fgs - I actually went to bed and slept like a baby.

Man, when Gastineau got called for that penalty against the Browns in the playoffs, I'm lucky I didn't have a heart attack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Whats the point?

He Riddles me. The ancient riddle: "What's the point?" Have you ever seen an eagle flying back to his home with dinner for the Mrs. and all the little eagle babies. And he's flying against the wind and he's flying in the rain and he's flying through bullets and all kinds of hell, and then right at that moment when he's about to get back to his nest, he says, "What the ****, it's a drag being an eagle" and right then two little x'es comes across his eyes just like in the old fashion cartoons. And he goes plunging down, and down and down and BAM. He's just a splatter of feathers and then we don't have the national bird of America no more. Did you ever see that?

No.

Me Neither. Eagle's got too much self-respect.

How's yours?
    Good for u fish. On a different level then? Ok I'll mark it down buddy.

Jets Insider VIP
    40+ for me - the f'n Jets just wear u down - seen this crap before - now its to the point where its affecting the love of the game-just don't have the passion anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    40+ for me - the f'n Jets just wear u down - seen this crap before - now its to the point where its affecting the love of the game-just don't have the passion anymore

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed. I have enough debates and arguments with Patriots, Dolphins, Steelers and Giants fans that I don't need one when I come here.

STOP Jet fan on Jet fan crime! It's a seriouz problemz in this country.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I will strangle u with sside's peenie doosher

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I will strangle u with sside's peenie doosher

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    button pusher

here is one for Warfish, I posted it in another thread but here is as good a place as any

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    My poodle sh*ts on command. Yours?

button pusher

here is one for Warfish, I posted it in another thread but here is as good a place as any

Thank you my Fishy friend. She is quite the fetching lass, aye, a personal favorite.

Jets Insider VIP
    You made me think of Clint Eastwood when you said this. Well done
    Shaking a cane all the while while typing it

So many people care more about being right than they care about if the Jets win or not. I pretty much knew they would get destroyed, but I don't bookmark my posts for the sole purpose of throwing them back in other peoples faces. Who cares right?

button pusher

I bet she tastes like succulent winter melon and smells of jasmine.