Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seems most of us have mellowed out wtf

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made art instead of getting mad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

It's good

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

Fabulous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Where did the offense and defense go?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    There was a time years ago, when a Jets loss would determine my mood for Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday. I'm not sure why, but I don't really care that much anymore. If they do well fine, but I'm more concerned about my own life. Might have something to do with mediocre players making millions and my team charging $100 plus for tickets (not to mention they want the fans to buy a license to get ripped off). Don't know why, but it's mentally healthy not getting upset over the Jets. This apathy started after Brien's missed fgs - I actually went to bed and slept like a baby.

Man, when Gastineau got called for that penalty against the Browns in the playoffs, I'm lucky I didn't have a heart attack.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I think we all quickly learn an important life lesson: the Jets suck, and then you die.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah, I think we all quickly learn an important life lesson: the Jets suck, and then you die.
    You sure? Have you seen the Strip?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a time years ago, when a Jets loss would determine my mood for Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday. I'm not sure why, but I don't really care that much anymore. If they do well fine, but I'm more concerned about my own life. Might have something to do with mediocre players making millions and my team charging $100 plus for tickets (not to mention they want the fans to buy a license to get ripped off). Don't know why, but it's mentally healthy not getting upset over the Jets. This apathy started after Brien's missed fgs - I actually went to bed and slept like a baby.

Man, when Gastineau got called for that penalty against the Browns in the playoffs, I'm lucky I didn't have a heart attack.
    Not quite there, but getting pretty close. I still go through many of my usual game day histrionics (yelling, couch punching, etc.), but with less frequency and intensity.

As for the after effects, the losses still bite, but not with the same sting or longevity. Unlike you, I did not recover fully from the Brien misses for at least a month. However, it was the last time I wore a jersey whilst watching a game (I still don a Jet t-shirt or fleece). Boring, passionless, and one-dimensional.

Where I've really lost complete interest is with the Yankees, the first team of which I became a fan in the early 60s. Think I watched one Yankee game this year.

Around year one or two of the A-Rod era, I just lost virtually all my connection with the team, management, and its players. Too much money, a game which has not evolved, and players whose only allegiance is to their next contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Too much money
    Must have been a good feeling on Sunday night. Leaving the stadium after that abomination. Traffic in the parking lot. Traffic on the expressway. The realization of the weekend ending and another work week about to begin. All for (counting tix/parking/gas/food & drink), $300 or more per couple. Good deal. Somebody has to pay for Wayne Hunter's or Kyle Wilson's multi-million dollar home.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 10-02-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must have been a good feeling on Sunday night. Leaving the stadium after that abomination. Traffic in the parking lot. Traffic on the expressway. The realization of the weekend ending and another work week about to begin. All for (counting tix/parking/gas/food & drink), $300 or more per couple. Good deal.
    It's a joke. Frankly, I don't know why anyone does this anymore. I went to a game two years ago and absolutely hated what the entire experience had become, especially the parking and odyssey getting out of the stadium and arriving home (2.5 hour curse-fest).

Maybe if they finally build a stadium in one of the boroughs, but until then, they never see me at MetLife again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    It's a joke. Frankly, I don't know why anyone does this anymore. I went to a game two years ago and absolutely hated what the entire experience had become, especially the parking and odyssey getting out of the stadium and arriving home (2.5 hour curse-fest).

Maybe if they finally build a stadium in one of the boroughs, but until then, they never see me at MetLife again.
    I used to go to every Jets game in Indy when I lived in Chicago, they played them every year. I used to look forward to that trip every year, and on the
    late and long ride home, I was always so depressed that I'd examine my life and talk out loud, literally, to God.

And I was paying about $30 a ticket.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to go to every Jets game in Indy when I lived in Chicago, they played them every year. I used to look forward to that trip every year, and on the
    late and long ride home, I was always so depressed that I'd examine my life and talk out loud, literally, to God.

I do remember a string of 6-3 snorefests between those two in the 90's. Id be pissed paying $10 watching a field goal shootout.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. This should be the mantra of every Jet fan. They should hand you this quote as you ponder the merits of purchasing a personal seat license and season ticket.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    I do remember a string of 6-3 snorefests between those two in the 90's. Id be pissed paying $10 watching a field goal shootout.
    I've been to a few of those...6-3, 9-6 etc...Jeff George, Jack Trudeau, etc

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    I was at both of them

there was another one where the Jets had a lead late in the game and stopped the Colts short on 4th down, but a jet defender stripped the ball from the runner giving the jets possession. But then that Jet defender, rather than lying down, ran and then fumbled the ball back to the Colts. Thus the Colts had the ball back right where they had it and four new downs. They only needed one though because the next play was a 30 yard td pass for the win.

It's bad enough watching that in your living room, but when you are in a loud indoor stadium with 70,000 deliriously happy fans... I'm just surprised there aren't more murders at games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

God misses those talks timmy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at both of them

there was another one where the Jets had a lead late in the game and stopped the Colts short on 4th down, but a jet defender stripped the ball from the runner giving the jets possession. But then that Jet defender, rather than lying down, ran and then fumbled the ball back to the Colts. Thus the Colts had the ball back right where they had it and four new downs. They only needed one though because the next play was a 30 yard td pass for the win.

It's bad enough watching that in your living room, but when you are in a loud indoor stadium with 70,000 deliriously happy fans... I'm just surprised there aren't more murders at games.
    Remeber Supeli Malamala? Memory is a little fuzzy, but I think it was one of those games against the Colts. Jets QB throws a pick, Malamala hits the defender on the sideline going out of bounds, adds a 15 yard personal foul to the return, sets the Colts up in field goal position for the win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    God misses those talks timmy.
    not really

he'd say "stfu sojf".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Remeber Supeli Malamala? Memory is a little fuzzy, but I think it was one of those games against the Colts. Jets QB throws a pick, Malamala hits the defender on the sideline going out of bounds, adds a 15 yard personal foul to the return, sets the Colts up in field goal position for the win.
    yep. That's what happened. '93 I think. The hit out of bounds was ridiculously late. Last I saw of Malamala was in '97. Parcells was reaming his ass out for ****ty play. About time, I thought. Before Bill, the Jets had a knack for collecting no-talents and letting stay around for a few years collecting game checks. Looks like that way of operating is back in fashion.