Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Thomas Jones, Cotchery, and Tony Richardson

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thomas Jones, Cotchery, and Tony Richardson

Those guys were not elite playmakers by any stretch of the imagination, but they were locker room leaders. This team is general, and this offense is particular has absolutely on leaders. It's so sad and Tanny/Woody are too blame..They fell in love with Rex's bravado and believed the hype.
    Last edited by bman; 10-01-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Those guys were not elit playmakers by any stretch of the imagination, but they were locker room leaders. This team is general, and this offense is particular has absolutely on leaders. It's so sad and Tanny/Woody are too blame..They fell in love with Rex's bravado and believed the hype.
    Losing Jericho was a big deal. He was a leader.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget Damien Woody.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out with old in with the new, snap your fingers and make it work.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    J. Cotchery was a mistake, he had chemistry with Mark, he had heart, he didn't throw the ball down when he strained his groin no instead he made a great catch in clutch time...So how do we reward players like this we trade em for I think it was Mason, how did that work out??..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is short on talent and depth......not leadership.

Tony Richardson wouldn't have won the game for us yesterday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't want leadership, we want guys with a lot of upside that never develop into anything

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    J. Cotchery was a mistake, he had chemistry with Mark, he had heart, he didn't throw the ball down when he strained his groin no instead he made a great catch in clutch time...So how do we reward players like this we trade em for I think it was Mason, how did that work out??..
    The Jets didn't trade Cotchery for Mason.

Cotchery, while under contract with the Jets, asked to be released rather than honor his contract with the Jets. The Jets obliged and released him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    The Jets didn't trade Cotchery for Mason.

Cotchery, while under contract with the Jets, asked to be released rather than honor his contract with the Jets. The Jets obliged and released him.
    Thanks for the correction, but I don't believe the organization made any push to keep him ....and I think Mason was there answer?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets are the reason he asked to be released. (dont think we ever found out what happened)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cotchery didn't want to take a demotion and become the 4th WR behind Holmes, Edwards and Mason. So he asked to be released.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Cotchery didn't want to take a demotion and become the 4th WR behind Holmes, Edwards and Mason. So he asked to be released.
    I believe it was Plax he didn't want to be behind, Edwards was already out the door. Can't say I blame Cotchery for wanting to leave. Bringing in Plax and Mason were bad mistakes.

The more I think about it, the more I'm really disliking Tanny. I was wrong on Tanny, this roster depth is atrocious.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the perfect post congrads to you

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Those guys were not elite playmakers by any stretch of the imagination, but they were locker room leaders. This team is general, and this offense is particular has absolutely on leaders. It's so sad and Tanny/Woody are too blame..They fell in love with Rex's bravado and believed the hype.
    The team has no leaders because for whatever reason you drove them out of town. The guys mentioned here as well as others. I saw JC on one leg make a catch I will never forget and that ahole throws the ball up for grabs after he is injured. I still can't even begin to understand that.

And the team is definitely lacking talent. Breaks my heart to say this but the Giants lose WRs like crazy and their 3rd and 4th WRs put up big numbers, same with their OL and CB etc. Sorry to say this but time for Tanny to go. Since the Harris, Mangold Revis and DBrick draft he has done nothing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets84 View Post
    I believe it was Plax he didn't want to be behind, Edwards was already out the door. Can't say I blame Cotchery for wanting to leave. Bringing in Plax and Mason were bad mistakes.

The more I think about it, the more I'm really disliking Tanny. I was wrong on Tanny, this roster depth is atrocious.
    that's correct, my mistake. It was Plax and Mason.