Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    tell jets you have found a buyer, you just need to get them to transfer balance. Then sell to a dummy fake company who defaults. That is what Goldman would do
    They would sell it to the Taxpayers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    But catch is he owns small business, seats bought in business names and seats can be depreciated as a tax write off. Regular fan does not have that option.

this is exactly my situation.
    It seems pretty cut and dried. You signed a contract. You have the option to try and break it and/or just stop paying, but they have the option to come after you to collect and affect your credit rating.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    It seems pretty cut and dried. You signed a contract. You have the option to try and break it and/or just stop paying, but they have the option to come after you to collect and affect your credit rating.
    my psl is paid in full. i only pay for tix and parking.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    how does that put any money back in my account? if i cant sell im going to walk away and claim the loss. at this moment i just cant see sending the jets any more money especially to renew tix for this poor display of football.
    Claim the loss? Forgiven debt is taxable.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    why did you pay in full for psl? Also how is it possible you cant sell seats for at least break even.

I will gladly take all four of your PSLs for free.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    why did you pay in full for psl? Also how is it possible you cant sell seats for at least break even.

I will gladly take all four of your PSLs for free.
    i had the money at the time and it seemed like a good idea. seats are a tough sell at $295 a game.

thats not happening. because if i transfer them to you i cant claim them as a loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I remember yelling Meadow I love you. She was so hot back then.
    Still is...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Guess you sold your tix for that one... Coming up on the 10 yr anniversary of that game...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your PSL is paid in full:

1) Find someone who wants to sit in your seats. Let them buy the tickets/parking for the year. If they don't have to pay a PSL, they'll probably love it. You keep the PSL in case you change your mind.

2) Sell the PSL - since you are paid in full, anything you get back is gravy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    If your PSL is paid in full:

1) Find someone who wants to sit in your seats. Let them buy the tickets/parking for the year. If they don't have to pay a PSL, they'll probably love it. You keep the PSL in case you change your mind.

2) Sell the PSL - since you are paid in full, anything you get back is gravy.
    im currently working with a ticket broker who does alot of corporate sales. he told me yesterday jets tickets and psls are plentiful right now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    In 2002 we beat the Bills Opening day, then ended up 2-5, and then 9-7 to get us a wild card spot.

If only 2012 could be a repeat and some other hot tv celebrity could sing again.
    Difference then was our problem boiled down to one guy. Replaced him, boom, hello playoffs.

We don't have an old quarterback as the issue this time. In fact, he might be the only thing not-wrong.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Guess you sold your tix for that one... Coming up on the 10 yr anniversary of that game...
    No way! I sent in my invoice, I got my regular seats next to dozens of strangers because the guys next to me had no faith.

That screencap is from a DVD I made of the game off my DVR. TiVo, back then.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Difference then was our problem boiled down to one guy. Replaced him, boom, hello playoffs.

We don't have an old quarterback as the issue this time. In fact, he might be the only thing not-wrong.

SAR I
    I know. Now I feel like this is the 3-13/1-15 Rich Kotite Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why low row visitors side seats for Jets are what Ticket Brokers buy. Come November/December Pats and Charger Fans will be only ones buying seats and they want to sit near visitors bench.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    My Dad bought seats when they were the Titans and I took 'em over after he passed away. Forty yard line, fifteen rows up, the visiting team side. Six seats in a row with perfect views. Then, the Jets tell me, the most loyal customer the NFL could ever want, you'll have to pay 30K a seat just for the right to pay $350 per seat per game. I opted for corner end zone seats for the $5,000 price that they reduced in half. But the tix now cost me $8,000 a year.

My youngest son is a senior in high school so I'm bailing after this year. And it's not because of the money or the fact I have to watch the game on the stadium TVs when the teams are on the other side of the field. It's because Woody has made me feel like a complete sucker. My family's loyalty to the team meant NOTHING to them. Woody and the NFL purport to care about the fans but they don't give a sh*t about us. I'm sick of feeling like a sucker. Let them try to sue me- as if. I'll just Stubhub it twice a year with my sons and lifelong pals and Woody can go fcuk himself.
    The Jets gave you an absolute gift in 1984 and let you run with it until 2009. That's 25 years in the most under-priced seats in the entire NFL. Those seats in Chicago, Dallas, or Baltimore would have gone for 3x what you paid. The Jets never threw you out. They left you alone.

I won't make accusations, but plenty of fans with your good fortune routinely dumped a few of their seats to brokers and made a huge score, practically sitting in the best seats in the house for free, in some cases making a profit. Imagine that. Keeping 4 seats, selling 2 seats, ending the year paying $0 for gameday tickets. Meanwhile, diehard Jets fans who would have paid the Jets fair market value for those seats were frozen out, stuck on a wait list.

In 2010 they built a new stadium with new economics. You were allowed to keep the location you had at fair market value and you said no. If you want out because of your current location, that's fine. But don't paint the Jets as the bad guy. They let you run with tickets others deserved a shot at for 25 years and that should not be forgotten. Some of us would have killed to be so lucky.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because that's who we are.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because that's who we are.

SAR I
    I have a feeling in 30 years from now when we leave this stadium we still won't have a Super Bowl.

Onto a ticket question...do your row 1s have extra leg room? I'm 1st row upper deck and I have almost an extra foot of leg room. I guess it's protection so if someone is afraid of heights they don't vomit overboard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way! I sent in my invoice, I got my regular seats next to dozens of strangers because the guys next to me had no faith.

That screencap is from a DVD I made of the game off my DVR. TiVo, back then.

SAR I
    I would not think so!! I remember we had the wives wait on line at various ticketmaster locations to score tix to that one. Had 20 total tix and it was a great day.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling in 30 years from now when we leave this stadium we still won't have a Super Bowl.

Onto a ticket question...do your row 1s have extra leg room? I'm 1st row upper deck and I have almost an extra foot of leg room. I guess it's protection so if someone is afraid of heights they don't vomit overboard.

Yes, extra legroom. Not a lot, but we don't have to stand up when one of us has to use the bathroom. About 6" of extra concrete and no seat backs slanting back into the walkway.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to replace Sanchize, that is the best way to do it.