Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    If you want to replace Sanchize, that is the best way to do it.
    Actually I want to get Rex Ryan fat again. He had that surgery after 2010 and we've sucked ever since. Anyone want to chip in and send him 10 pizza pies to wolf down?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    update ticket broker just offered me $25k cash and wants the remaining games for this season. gonna be hard not to take the money and run. help me out guys. cash is king right now and i can buy upper deck seats with no psls.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    update ticket broker just offered me $25k cash and wants the remaining games for this season. gonna be hard not to take the money and run. help me out guys. cash is king right now and i can buy upper deck seats with no psls.
    How much was your original PSL outlay?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus. Where are your PSL's?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    $60k $15k each own 4. section 215.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    25K for the PSLs AND the rest of the season?? Thats robbery.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    He's in 215
    $15,000 PSL/seat & $295 game day price per seat

So he'd be forfeiting $5,000 on the PSL side and 12 X $295 for the remaining game day tix (for 2 seats). If my arithmetic be correct that amounts to a loss of $8,540.

I'd haggle on the remaining games, keeping seats to some, but the $5,000 hit on the PSL might be worth it to take the deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    He's in 215
    $15,000 PSL/seat & $295 game day price per seat

So he'd be forfeiting $5,000 on the PSL side and 12 X $295 for the remaining game day tix (for 2 seats). If my arithmetic be correct that amounts to a loss of $8,540.

I'd haggle on the remaining games, keeping seats to some, but the $5,000 hit on the PSL might be worth it to take the deal.
    He has 4 tickets. He would be taking a massive hit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He has 4 tickets. He would be taking a massive hit.
    Yup... tack on an additional $33,540 on top of the $8,540 I posted above. That would be a loss of over $42,000.

No FUKKKKKKKKIN way. Tell the broker to pass the joint over.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought you can't transfer psl unless they are fully paid off. Still would have to come up with the cash?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    I thought you can't transfer psl unless they are fully paid off. Still would have to come up with the cash?
    I believe he paid in full for his PSLs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    psls paid in full yes. its a massive hit indeed guys. but the situation is the jets are comping not so nice people who are sitting next to me. its gotten ugly i cant imagine whats gonna show up monday night.

its a huge loss for me. but i do recoup $25k better than nothing at this point. im gonna think it over and call him tomorrow with my decision.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    psls paid in full yes. its a massive hit indeed guys. but the situation is the jets are comping not so nice people who are sitting next to me. its gotten ugly i cant imagine whats gonna show up monday night.

its a huge loss for me. but i do recoup $25k better than nothing at this point. im gonna think it over and call him tomorrow with my decision.
    Have you tried stadium psl or seasonticket rights or ebay to sell on your own. You are picking worst time to sell.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Have you tried stadium psl or seasonticket rights or ebay to sell on your own. You are picking worst time to sell.
    the market is flooded with psls and tix. this broker deals with corporate accounts. i know its a bad time. im just thinking will it get worse? who do you know thats spending $25k on jets tix? i take the offer i walk into his office hand him the tix and psl agreement he writes me a check on the spot. like i said i can get upper deck seats withouth the psls.

i may counter back with $30k and see what he says.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nike, if you were in the same situation but financing the PSLs, what would you do?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    This.

When everyone else is selling, that's when you buy. And vice versa.

The madness of crowds...and such. Tulips...and so on.

My guess is that if you could hang on you'll find a season sometime in the next 3 to 5 years where the Jets are riding high again, even if by chance. The time to sell is when everyone is geeked about a 7-2 Jets team in early November....not when they just got shutout and lost the best defensive player in the NFL for a season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Nike, if you were in the same situation but financing the PSLs, what would you do?
    it would depend on the amount i owed. the psl fee i paid is dead and gone money. i could take the $25k and at the very worst put it in a cd or regular interest bearing account and still get more out of it than what the jets are giving us.

what would you do? $25k is alot of money to pass up my tax write off loss $35k as i have them in my business name.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have any. But I can tell you that my view is exceptional.

Sorry about the shutout last weekend, fellas.

But have faith, your time IS coming.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it would depend on the amount i owed. the psl fee i paid is dead and gone money. i could take the $25k and at the very worst put it in a cd or regular interest bearing account and still get more out of it than what the jets are giving us.

what would you do? $25k is alot of money to pass up my tax write off loss $35k as i have them in my business name.
    Why dont you just sell off the rest of the season, keep the PSLs, and look to move them in the off season. Take some time and put them on the market, I doubt you will get less than 25k if you wait.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why dont you just sell off the rest of the season, keep the PSLs, and look to move them in the off season. Take some time and put them on the market, I doubt you will get less than 25k if you wait.
    my seats are $295 each i own 4. have you seen the prices of seats on stubhub and craigslist etc? they arent going up anytime soon its bad out there.