Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    do you know my personal business? but since you asked. i have the opportunity right now to sit and post all day while getting paid for it. i need to check in on a few projects every now and then. the rest of my day is spent here at the present time.

checking in at night is obviously a mistake if guys like you the draculas of the board come out to play.

sar i can you even sell your unpaid financed psl?
    i will type in lower case letters because it makes me look like a different online persona than my last one too.

post any time and all the time you want. it's fun.

i paid for my psl's in-full in 2008 on my amex card, no stupid financing, got great seats and double $16.000 in points which i used towards a family vacation for 5 in london and paris in 2011.

my offer for your psl's is now down to $800. sell them now or regret it later.

sar i

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    lol more of the pot calling the kettle black

good stuff, my understudy. keep the torch burning
    Oh, my balls hurt from all the breaking, Mr. #1.

I'm enjoying your seats. And the place smells a hell of a lot better, too.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry and i dont drive a bmw when im not working i drive an audi.
    Driving a rebadged Volkswagen is a bigger problem than your Jets PSL's. Call a BMW dealer before you bother the Jets ticket office again.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    corny all i was trying to bring across is that the OLD meadowlands was better, imo. thats all. its just my opinion. i have a moral objection to the PSL scam, which I am entitled to.

If you bought the psls and are happy, good for you
    The NEW MetLife Stadium is better. Proof?

- More Jets fans in the stadium than ever before.
    - The same 96% occupancy despite premium location and additional seats.
    - A clean, modern, green-painted stadium with no "Giants" reminders.
    - Class segregation keeping the dirtbags away from the normal people.

Sh-t, I'd have paid $16,000 in PSL fees to avoid the drunk burpers and farters in the old stadium, didn't even have to build a new place. I'm good. So good.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. As long as everyone is happy who cares. I'm tired of these "youre an idiot for having season tickets use stubhub" people preaching the same damn message.

I have upper deck seats sure if I didn't have season tickets I could save $200total for the season or so by buying each week on stubhub. but I want to be part of the "club" and also not have to be checking stubhub prices every week.
    And that's it, really.

Imagine if someone started at thread entitled "You're An Idiot For Going To Disney World" and listen to a bunch of people tell us why we could just stay home and buy a new dining room set instead, or tell us that Disney World isn't as good as it used to be, or tell us that little children don't remember Disney World when they get older, or tell us that Disney World was at its best before the Seven Dwarfs were thrown out and Buzz Lightyear took their place.

It's entertainment. It's subjective. It's not an 'investment'. It's just fun money that some of us have.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    sar i im not gonna go down this road with you as it seems many have before. you are the best drive the best car have the most money and make all the right decisions you are the jets biggest fan.

the negotiations have begun.

i called this morning and told the broker i wanted $30k. he said he probably couldnt do that but really wanted my seats because they have others in the same location and adding mine would increase corporate sales by four more.

so he mentions a swap of psls tix parking plus money in my pocket. he is currently seeing what he has in the lower level end zones with four seats. the $4000 psls are paid and so are this years game tix same as mine. current ticket renewal $125 a game. he also has some that completely sold out for the season and offered me that option to take those and be in those seats next year but own them this year.

as soon as i make a deal i will let all you guys know. thanks to those who have offerered suggestions and help. anyway a deal is happening today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    (It's all an act, but I enjoy stadium threads and am looking forward to see how the show ends. I'll bet he'll take $5,000 and walk away. Stay tuned.)

SAR I
    Is Nike really Norwood in disguise?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, it's the self-proclaimed scary "#1 Ballbreaker" coming out to play.

PSL owners are doing just fine because we're in it for the 30 year long-haul, it's expected to have a few down seasons after a few successful ones. It's how it works in the NFL. Besides this one shill who's pretending to be drowning in PSL debt, the rest of us are doing just fine.

We are enjoying your seats very much. Thanks for asking.

SAR I
    Yeah.. he's one of the ones who has been waiting around to pounce with his "I told you so's". One of the usual suspects. It's amazing how many fans here like to show their true ass hole colors.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    offers as we speak.

$25k for 4 psls all remaining tix and parking pass.

a swap of my 4 psls this seasons paid tix and parking for 4 lower level endzone psls value $16k paid in full this seasons tix and parking and $10k.

or the same scenario as above but no tix or parking for this season but ownership of the psls and i renew the season tix and parking next season and $15k. plus he throws in 4 tix to the patriots game.

i told him he will have my decision after lunch.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Yeah.. he's one of the ones who has been waiting around to pounce with his "I told you so's". One of the usual suspects. It's amazing how many fans here like to show their true ass hole colors.
    He stays at home, chomping pretzels on the couch, flipping channels, checking fantasy scores. He's a great fan.

We go to games, spend $600 and 7 hours in our stadium, screaming, cheering, clapping. We're bad fans.

Makes perfect sense.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a done deal i made my decision early and bargained a little more.

heres what i got no tix or parking for this season but ownership of the lower level endzone psls that are paid in full 4 tix row 20 and its on me to renew the season tix and parking next season with the option to sell him that all back for $12.5k prior to the start of next season and $17.5k. plus he throws in 4 tix and parking to the patriots game this year. and i bargained for him to sell any tix i do not want for 3 years without a brokers fee if i keep them.

so if i opt out i get back a total of $30k of my initial investment of $60k. good thing for tax write offs. i can buy alot of pretzels with all that and maybe even lease a bmw.

thanks to all who commented good and bad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

heres what i got no tix or parking for this season but ownership of the lower level endzone psls that are paid in full 4 tix row 20 and its on me to renew the season tix and parking next season with the option to sell him that all back for $12.5k prior to the start of next season and $17.5k. plus he throws in 4 tix and parking to the patriots game this year. and i bargained for him to sell any tix i do not want for 3 years without a brokers fee if i keep them.

so if i opt out i get back a total of $30k of my initial investment of $60k. good thing for tax write offs. i can buy alot of pretzels with all that and maybe even lease a bmw.

I wasnt really following what you were doing, but in summary, you paid 60K in PSLs and sold them for $30K today?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    those lower level EZ seats only sell for 2.5K on secondary. Also corner 20 row ones are worth more. I also would get him to pay you the amount quoted but give you a receipt for like 10K to get a greater tax write off.

I also would call the sr. mgt at Jets tell them what you are planning on doing and see if they let you swap seats. You could get 8 lgl, 6 LSL or 3 LL Prime seats for that price in a swap.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Driving a rebadged Volkswagen is a bigger problem than your Jets PSL's. Call a BMW dealer before you bother the Jets ticket office again.

SAR I
    LOL, you're a piece of work. When it comes to four bangers VW/Audi are a excellent choice although a couple of Japanese models are good as well. All German cars either built in Mexico or Germany are unreliable. I would never buy one but have leased a couple since you're probably OK for a few years. One good aspect about German cars is they offer very good P1/Pay One leases which is the only reason I leased them in the first place. The discount on P1's is pretty big from my experience. I did enjoy driving the SL550 and Z435is but nothing special in sports car genre.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I wasnt really following what you were doing, but in summary, you paid 60K in PSLs and sold them for $30K today?
    yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    those lower level EZ seats only sell for 2.5K on secondary. Also corner 20 row ones are worth more. I also would get him to pay you the amount quoted but give you a receipt for like 10K to get a greater tax write off.

I also would call the sr. mgt at Jets tell them what you are planning on doing and see if they let you swap seats. You could get 8 lgl, 6 LSL or 3 LL Prime seats for that price in a swap.
    the seats he mentioned are in 104 i think.

the broker is handling all the paperwork. hes has a relationship with the jets ticket office. its is my understanding he owns quite a few psls and makes deals with them all the time. thanks for the advice. really appreciate it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The NEW MetLife Stadium is better. Proof?

- More Jets fans in the stadium than ever before.

SAR I
    Anyone who was in teh stadium Sunday knows this is not true. And this was, technically, pre-meltdown. 2-1, first place, hoping to play the 9ers tough, even without Revis. You hurt your credibility when you post things like this, you've got some facts on your side, stick with them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Great. No more need for play-by-play, what color the check is, how you stubbed your toe on the way to the bank, etc. We're good.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Anyone who was in teh stadium Sunday knows this is not true. And this was, technically, pre-meltdown. 2-1, first place, hoping to play the 9ers tough, even without Revis. You hurt your credibility when you post things like this, you've got some facts on your side, stick with them.
    ]
    Two photos.

First we're getting blown out in the second half, second is at the pregame introductions.

Show a photo from halfway through the second quarter, will look a tad different.

Per NFL.com, the Jets attendance Sunday was 79,000 people. That's not sales. That's attendance, scanned barcodes at the gate.Upper deck drunks tailgating come to the game late, cause traffic delays for sober PSL owners, and leave early during a blowout. We all know this.

There is no revelation here. 79,000 people scanned into the building. That's more fans than at Giants stadium.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    yes and no.
    Priceless.

The only thing funnier than dudes pushing PSL's as investment gold..... is watching a PSL owner trying to wiggle out of them the first sign of trouble with the team.

Lmao.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Priceless.

The only thing funnier than dudes pushing PSL's as investment gold..... is watching a PSL owner trying to wiggle out of them the first sign of trouble with the team.

Lmao.

-
    yes and you state this like it's the norm. 99.9% are in for the long haul and are committed. Thanks for the complete distortion of reality. ANything to further the agenda I guess. But Petejet, another mod, would be right with you.