Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Two photos.

First we're getting blown out in the second half, second is at the pregame introductions.

Show a photo from halfway through the second quarter, will look a tad different.

Per NFL.com, the Jets attendance Sunday was 79,000 people. That's not sales. That's attendance, scanned barcodes at the gate.Upper deck drunks tailgating come to the game late, cause traffic delays for sober PSL owners, and leave early during a blowout. We all know this.

There is no revelation here. 79,000 people scanned into the building. That's more fans than at Giants stadium.

SAR I
    +1

Those pictures aren't accurate. Not even close.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    yes and you state this like it's the norm. 99.9% are in for the long haul and are committed. Thanks for the complete distortion of reality. ANything to further the agenda I guess. But Petejet, another mod, would be right with you.
    Look, perhaps you misunderstood me.

I have no problem with the 99.9% you mention. They quietly buy their seats, attend the games etc.

I mean the dudes that relentlessly post about how these are some sort of investment opportunity while also throwing caustic jabs at fans who have to sit in the UD because they cannot afford the lowers.

And as far as Nike and his fascinating PSL saga...I do find that funny.

Would he be doing this if the Jets were 4-0 with Revis and Holmes still on the field?

-

Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    +1

Those pictures aren't accurate. Not even close.
    Forget the pictures. Lets focus on the subject there.

Were there more SF fans at the stadium sunday then you can remember from a different opposing team at the old stadium?

The answer to that question is an APPALLING yes. I have been attending games for over 20 years and never in my life have i seen so many opposing fans at a very meaningful game. Additionally when you factor in the game was at 1pm, NY/NJ is not exactly a hotbed for SF fans, and the weather was beautiful it was very indicative of how many seats are either being sold by the team or by STH.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Priceless.

The only thing funnier than dudes pushing PSL's as investment gold..... is watching a PSL owner trying to wiggle out of them the first sign of trouble with the team.

Lmao.

-
    About 10,000 PSL seats in the hands of 2,700 lucky PSL owners are indeed investment gold. Perhaps not today with a lousy, unlikeable squad, but in the next few years as we rebuild.

There are certain locations in the first row, or adjacent to Club seats, or right next to $400 gameday ticket seats whose PSL values will rise. I am quite confident that if I put my 4 PSL's up for sale this very day that I'd double my outlay.

"Investment Gold" never applied to every seat in the house, only for the group that listened to advice and chose wisely. This Nike person (who I'm certain is faking but whatever) has seats that no sane person would buy. They were designed for corporations that could afford a $60,000 PSL fee and $400 gameday ticket prices, not some average Joe who got a nice bonus.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Were there more SF fans at the stadium sunday then you can remember from a different opposing team at the old stadium?

The answer to that question is an APPALLING yes. I have been attending games for over 20 years and never in my life have i seen so many opposing fans at a very meaningful game. Additionally when you factor in the game was at 1pm, NY/NJ is not exactly a hotbed for SF fans, and the weather was beautiful it was very indicative of how many seats are either being sold by the team or by STH.
    No, the answer is NO. I remember games at GS surrounded by Dolphin fans, Cowboy fans and worst of all Raider fans (yuck). And that was pre-stubhub era. With the advent of Ticket Exchange and Stub Hub, more and more fans of visiting teams have access to seats and this is not unique to the Jets. I've had Giants fans friends complain about how many Cowboy fans were around. And we all saw Cowboys stadium swarming with Bears fans the other night. THe fact is that in major metropolitan areas, youhave a lot of visitors from out of town and you are going to get many opposing fans. Maybe not in places like Jacksonville or Kansas City, but it will happen in NY and similar venues.

Get used to it. It's the way it is now.

JetsInsider.com Legend

So what?

From 1984-2009 huge amounts of tickets were sold to enemy fans, this is not a new phenomenon. What's new is:

1. StubHub exists, connecting buyers and sellers in a way unimaginable in 2000.

2. Ticket sales dollars are going to Jets PSL owners instead of brokers or some fairweather fan who inherited his dad's cherry Jets seats and sold 4 at 2x face value and attended the other 4 games for free.

As relates to Sunday, no season ticket holder can attend 10 games a year. Never have, won't now. There's always a conflict, and we all have families who like to see us on weekends from time to time (imagine that).

The Niners game was the first of three consecutive home games in a span of 4 home contests in the first 6 weeks of the season. So if you're a season ticket holder and you need to give up one of the first 4 games, the Niners game is the early favorite to get the most ROI. You sit there with the StubHub option and you wait to see how we play at Pittsburgh and at Miami. If they compete, the Niners game is a must-keep. If they suck, it's a must-sell.

Again, it always comes down to this: Blame the Jets, not the fans.

Had the Jets showed up in Pittsburgh and Miami, I'd have been at the Niners game despite my hernia repair. Wild horses wouldn't have kept me away from such a pivotal contest. Get me a nurse, get me a stretcher, let's go. Instead, I pushed a button and gave 'em up, made a few bucks for my trouble.

And for the anti-PSL anti-Woody crowd, you should be thrilled with this new American Idol realtime voting concept. Jets have a couple of bad games, we're out of there, and either enemy fans or bottom-dwelling cheapskate fans take our place and they don't buy food, and they don't buy souvenirs, and they take the bus, and they pollute the pretty new facilities. We are heard, a lot more now than ever before.

SAR I

So what?

From 1984-2009 huge amounts of tickets were sold to enemy fans, this is not a new phenomenon. What's new is:

1. StubHub exists, connecting buyers and sellers in a way unimaginable in 2000.

2. Ticket sales dollars are going to Jets PSL owners instead of brokers or some fairweather fan who inherited his dad's cherry Jets seats and sold 4 at 2x face value and attended the other 4 games for free.

As relates to Sunday, no season ticket holder can attend 10 games a year. Never have, won't now. There's always a conflict, and we all have families who like to see us on weekends from time to time (imagine that).

The Niners game was the first of three consecutive home games in a span of 4 home contests in the first 6 weeks of the season. So if you're a season ticket holder and you need to give up one of the first 4 games, the Niners game is the early favorite to get the most ROI. You sit there with the StubHub option and you wait to see how we play at Pittsburgh and at Miami. If they compete, the Niners game is a must-keep. If they suck, it's a must-sell.

Again, it always comes down to this: Blame the Jets, not the fans.

Had the Jets showed up in Pittsburgh and Miami, I'd have been at the Niners game despite my hernia repair. Wild horses wouldn't have kept me away from such a pivotal contest. Get me a nurse, get me a stretcher, let's go. Instead, I pushed a button and gave 'em up, made a few bucks for my trouble.

And for the anti-PSL anti-Woody crowd, you should be thrilled with this new American Idol realtime voting concept. Jets have a couple of bad games, we're out of there, and either enemy fans or bottom-dwelling cheapskate fans take our place and they don't buy food, and they don't buy souvenirs, and they take the bus, and they pollute the pretty new facilities. We are heard, a lot more now than ever before.

SAR I
    As long as we have the above statement on record.

The jets, the team which you claim to be one of the most loyal die hard fans of, who were in first place at kickoff of that game, coming off a Road, Division win, did not show enough for you to back them by showing up and cheering on your team.

At least that is now clear to all of us.

Great. No more need for play-by-play, what color the check is, how you stubbed your toe on the way to the bank, etc. We're good.

SAR I
    unlike you who gloats about himself and his possessions my situation may have been of interest and knowledge to others with psls who may want to get out.

we're? you speak for the entire board? next you will be telling us all that you own it too.

unlike you i got 1/2 my initial investment back and then some. you after 30 years will get nothing back from your initial investment. chomp on that like the stalest pretzel you ever ate. i think i may have wound up with better seats than you also.

if you are whats replaced the longtime diehard fan in the new stadium im sure theres many that are glad they arent there. me i can careless and find it amusing that you complain so much about everything and still take the time effort and money to be a part of it all.
    Last edited by Nike; 10-04-2012 at 02:34 PM.

also appeared more 49er fans as jet fans all left

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    unlike you who gloats about himself and his possessions my situation may have been of interest and knowledge to others with psls who may want to get out.

we're? you speak for the entire board? next you will be telling us all that you own it too.

unlike you i got 1/2 my initial investment back and then some. you after 30 years will get nothing back from your initial investment. chomp on that like the stalest pretzel you ever ate. i think i may have wound up with better seats than you also.

if you are whats replaced the longtime diehard fan in the new stadium im sure theres many that are glad they arent there. me i can careless and find it amusing that you complain so much about everything and still take the time effort and money to be a part of it all.
    Remember long term folks on this site, like SAR manipulated the PSL process in various ways, by jumping line via senority, squeeky wheel gets the grease, visiting stadium multiple times to learn best seats, figuring which seats had best resell value, getting advance notice on this site of when seats such as LLEZ, LLTC, LGL, LSL or Club Corners were being reduced and moving super quick, constant upgrading when you could get moved around etc.

As a result this site PSL owners are more happy than normal PSL owners as we grabbed the seats closest to 50, Aisle Seats, Row One seats, and those of us in UD managed to moved to best seats. Very few of us bought Club Seats or seats with PSLs over 10K.

Folks on this site in section 135 or 142 on 25 yard line with $145 ticket are happy, Folks in 143 or 134 by ten yard line are happy. at $130 a ticket. We even figured out that visitor side these seats were slightly closer to 50, no sun in eyes and in bad jet years resale is higher as visitors will buy. IF we did by club seats it was the cheap corners best in section, If we bought Mezz seats it was Mezz A corners row one or on the aisle. We all avoided high ticket prices.

I did cuase in old stadium I had mezz seats with a $115 face and had trouble getting face. Friends would go my buddy has $105 face in lower level or $75 face in Mezz. I realized Jet fans are cheap and face is important to them.

Sadly Jets had a lot of PSLs to move and 75% of them were not the seats anyone of us would have bought. Take 142 and 135 as an example On this side it is like a backward L of who bought. We all took the closest to the 50 and some took closer to the field. The higher rows away from the 50s we all avoided.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    As long as we have the above statement on record.

The jets, the team which you claim to be one of the most loyal die hard fans of, who were in first place at kickoff of that game, coming off a Road, Division win, did not show enough for you to back them by showing up and cheering on your team.

At least that is now clear to all of us.
    Absolutely.

The Steeler game was a humiliation and the Miami game an abortion. Horrible football so early in the season for a (supposedly) rejuvenated team with "the most talent ever" and "on the same page" and "a chip on their shoulders about the preseason criticism" and "something to prove to everyone" and "taking the town back from the Giants" and all the other crap they spewed since March.

Our obligation to the Jets ends the minute they cash our checks in April. From then on they owe us an effort. If they don't put one forth, we don't either.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

I wasn't stupid, didn't get tickets at a price I'd never be willing to eat in the down years.

I complain about nothing. I merely defend the PSL owners from the complainers. Have fun with the pretend money you're getting for your pretend tickets.

SAR I

Judging from stubhub seats in UD there are scores of scalpers and fans who on impulse bought $50 seats in UD, judging from flood of folks dumping below face for Texans, Cardinals, Chargers after eating two season games tons of folks will be dumping those seats. Who would have thought a $50 dollar ticket in row 20 on 5 yard line in Upper Deck would sell below face for half the games.

Even fans who go will think, if I dont have to buy pre-season and can pick up games in UD for like $40 bucks why am I renewing.

sar i my initial investment in the psls was $60k $15k per seat with a gameday ticket priced at $295 not $400 that you say. i traded down from the upper deck which i hated. the jets did me right. at the time it was no big deal i was in i bought great seats hooray for me. as time wore on and the weekly compers get worse that an the 9-7 season wore thin on me.

this year came around i sent in my renewal and was looking forward to a decent season just like you. two home games and the compers got worse each time. that and the poor display of football on the field had me thinking maybe its time to bail on these seats. i finally realized im not alone there are thousands of psls for sale out there.

i contacted a broker through a mutual friend after advertising on craigslist to get one reply from a scammer. the broker made it all work for me and it worked for him. dont be angry dont revolt to name calling and false accusations. im one of you a psl holder and a jets fan.

i have options and i like that and i recouped some of my initial investment which seems to be a sore subject with you. that someone else did alright for themselves and it wasnt you.

sorry you feel the way you do about me and you dont believe what happened but it did. when you get over yourself i look forward to talking jets football with you. maybe even having a beer in the parking lot with you. as long as its a sunny sunday afternoon game right?
    Last edited by Nike; 10-04-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Club seats with parking are $100 each. Granted corners but still crazy for a regular season game

Club Corner 244
    Seats: Row 8 | Seats 1, 2
    Quantity: 2 Your seats will be together
    Seller comments: Aisle | Parking Pass
    Available for download by Sunday, October 07, 2012
    Price per ticket:
    $100.00 USD

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Judging from stubhub seats in UD there are scores of scalpers and fans who on impulse bought $50 seats in UD, judging from flood of folks dumping below face for Texans, Cardinals, Chargers after eating two season games tons of folks will be dumping those seats. Who would have thought a $50 dollar ticket in row 20 on 5 yard line in Upper Deck would sell below face for half the games.

Even fans who go will think, if I dont have to buy pre-season and can pick up games in UD for like $40 bucks why am I renewing.
    The upper deck is a bad scene, but it doesn't affect me one iota.

In fact, I'd be thrilled if no one was up there at all. I'd be able to arrive at a game an hour later due to parking availability, the escalators would be less crowded, and no one would be smoking in the stairways that I'd need to narc out to stadium security.

This notion that we need a full upper deck to be considered a successful fanbase is ludicrous. Nothing motivates these clowns anyway, not even the money or their head coach.

SAR I

and no one would be smoking in the stairways that I'd need to narc out to stadium security. SAR I
    How many people do you narc to Stadium security on average per game?

Practice Squad
    I have 4 seats in the uppers on the 35 yard line 14th row on the aisle (which I sell to friends), I also have 4 in the Mezz A corners (which I use). For the first two years there has been a great demand for the uppers and I have had to turn away people who wanted tickets and was actually able to sell them as a package including pre-season at full price.

Going forward not sure that will be the case... if you can regularly pick up tickets for $50-$60 that are relatively the same (or better) why commit to the season and pre-season. As much as I would love to hold onto the uppers I may need to let them go if I can't get people to commit to the package before I send in the payment next year.

While it is nice to have the same seats every week the premium for that is way too high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    I have 4 seats in the uppers on the 35 yard line 14th row on the aisle (which I sell to friends), I also have 4 in the Mezz A corners (which I use). For the first two years there has been a great demand for the uppers and I have had to turn away people who wanted tickets and was actually able to sell them as a package including pre-season at full price.

Going forward not sure that will be the case... if you can regularly pick up tickets for $50-$60 that are relatively the same (or better) why commit to the season and pre-season. As much as I would love to hold onto the uppers I may need to let them go if I can't get people to commit to the package before I send in the payment next year.

While it is nice to have the same seats every week the premium for that is way too high right now.
    also Jets were selling season ticket granted in junky UD with $50 dollar ticket price after the preseason was over for only $400 each for season tickets. And that got you playoff rights. Ha Ha.

But honestly I have a pair in the UD I sold, section 343 on the aisle next to 342 the absolute best $50 dollar seats out there as closest to 50 yard line and an aisle seat and I barely was able to resell them at face. If the very best $50 dollar seat in whole ud is only worth $50 what are rest of them worth. I would say UD EZ seats top five rows are worth at best $35 bucks a game in a season ticket package.