Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That's wild. I'm in 246A....and never had any hope of seeing the $4K per seat again IF I ever decided to sell (which I'm not planning to do).
    I'm going to guess that there are 15,000 seats, about 5,000 season-ticket holders, that have outstanding PSL locations of high-value even now that we're about to enter a down period.

We made great decisions in 2009, got seats that have appreciated in value, because we chose the right adjacencies, and the right combination of low PSL and low game day ticket price.

SAR I

sar i could you sell your tix on a game to game basis and recoup your money for admission and psl fee factored into the equation?

i doubt it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sar i could you sell your tix on a game to game basis and recoup your money for admission and psl fee factored into the equation?

i doubt it.
    Over a long period of time, say 10 years, absolutely. My PSL's were $4,000 each and I bought two. In just the first few years I've already recovered about $450 of each PSL, primarily by selling and handful of prime games in 2010 and 2011 (Patriots, Giants, etc.). But I think my tickets are easy to move because they're only $125 face and you get a pretty darn good view from the lower mezzanine corner for that price.

But "recouping" PSL costs have never been my objective. I'm a bit of a strange case anyway as I live out of town and only fly back for about 2 to 4 Jets games per year. I will sell (at face value) or give some of my tickets to friends and family back in NJ, and then I sell maybe one or two "prime" games per season at a good profit (my Jets vs. Giants tix went for almost $300 each last year, netting me almost $175 per ticket).
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-17-2012 at 09:03 PM.

i doubt it.
    No, he couldn't sell his tix for Monday night vs. Texans for face value.

I got $190 each for mine 4 days before the game.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

i doubt it.
    When the Jets are good, absolutely. I routinely got 30% to 50% over face for games in '09 and '10 so long as they were not Monday nighters or really terrible teams in bad weather.

Not the point though. I'm in it for 30 years so the value of the PSL on the open market doesn't matter. The $16,000 I spent in 2009 is gone, I don't think about it, I don't consider it real money.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    No, he couldn't sell his tix for Monday night vs. Texans for face value.

I got $190 each for mine 4 days before the game.
    My Texans tickets were a bust, only got $50 per seat.

My 49ers tickets got me $250 each and if I'd priced them at $300 I probably could have gotten that too.

Every season there are 2 games that, if sold, I can pay off 30% to 40% of my annual ticket payment. The 49ers and Patriots games, theoretically, could get me $2,000 on StubHub and my whole season costs only $5,000.

I've got $125 seats at a $4K PSL right next to $200 seats at a $10K PSL. Many Stubhub customers don't want Club seats as they think they're paying for something they don't really want and I'm right next door undercutting their prices.

First row always gets a premium, insulates me for really rough seasons.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-17-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

But "recouping" PSL costs have never been my objective. I'm a bit of a strange case anyway as I live out of town and only fly back for about 2 to 4 Jets games per year. I will sell (at face value) or give some of my tickets to friends and family back in NJ, and then I sell maybe one or two "prime" games per season at a good profit (my Jets vs. Giants tix went for almost $300 each last year, netting me almost $175 per ticket).
    +1

We discussed this for years, but it's just hard for some people to comprehend that PSL owners aren't in it for the money and don't really care about losing a few hundred dollars a year. We're in it for the Jets and the great views and the convenience. That's it.

PSL's being "investment gold"? Not if you never sell them. I guess there's some comfort in the fact that if something happens to me and my family is stuck with season tickets they may not want, they have an easy out and will likely make money off of it. Hmm. PSL's aren't "investment gold" but you know what they are?

Term life insurance.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    When the Jets are good, absolutely. I routinely got 30% to 50% over face for games in '09 and '10 so long as they were not Monday nighters or really terrible teams in bad weather.

Not the point though. I'm in it for 30 years so the value of the PSL on the open market doesn't matter. The $16,000 I spent in 2009 is gone, I don't think about it, I don't consider it real money.

SAR I
    thanks i didnt know you routinely miss games. the way you portray yourself here i thought you were a diehard who never missed games and if you did it was for reasons beyond your control.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    How did you conclude that LLEZ owners got hosed?

We paid $2500 and have used our seats for a few years. This is the only year that we won't make enough profit to pay our entire PSL payment for our PSL.

Why aren't we profiting this year? We are going to all of the games (unless we sell the Thanksgiving game for a profit). Preseason Loss this year = zero. We went to one game (kids love PS games) and sold the Giants game for FV.
    I saw a pair of them go for $875 each. Most of them going for $1.5k each.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I saw a pair of them go for $875 each. Most of them going for $1.5k each.
    Lower EZ tickets selling for $875 each????? What are you talking about?

Aug-11 2 Lower Level End Zone 101 1 $12,500 $6,250
    Nov-11 4 Lower Level End Zone 101 2 $20,500 $5,125
    Nov-11 2 Lower Level End Zone 149 1 $12,000 $6,000

SAR was smart to grab row one. They seem to sell for over double face in LLEZ while back rows sell for half price.

I am sure Mezz A row one is worth double last row in mezz in middle of aisle.

A row one aisle Mezz A corner seat is the most valuable.

BTW the Jets called me to see if I wanted to add seats. They are still selling season tickets that give you playoff rights and same seats next year. No discount, but only paying for four games.

Also letting you upgrade or move seats if you want. Here is what they told me.

They have section 315 row 11 upstairs.
    Section 144 Row 8 PSL seats 3&4
    Section 143 Row 20 seats 17&18

And the entire LSL is sold out. No 10K or 15K lower level PSLs left.

Bottom line if anyone is in Mezz B, LLEZ, Mezz A in bad PSL seats you hate might be worth it to trade up to the 144 seats that are only two seats from LGL and right near lower entrance. Might be good seats too for older folks or kids as no steps at all.

The Jets have been in the playoff hunt since the stadium opened. The first year they are 3-6, it's gonna be a bloodbath. Have a couple of seasons like that in a row, and you might see the first blackouts in a long while.

I passed on the PSL's because it's just a bad deal, unless you had the seniority to get the best seats in a price level, and then, it's not a good deal. Just a fair deal.

They made the stadium too big, they should have put a roof on it. Should both tenants struggle for a year or two, I would expect some bluster about how they might try and add it, with the State being pushed to pay for a bunch of it, and the teams agreeing to stay longer than the mandated 15 years. Then the NFL can commit to more Super Bowls to make it just a bad investment for all, instead of a horrible one. If they have PSL's to sell, they will have a buy now and avoid the future roof assessment on Tickets.

The NFL doesn't want a team to be taking its best customers over the years to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Aug-11 2 Lower Level End Zone 101 1 $12,500 $6,250
    Nov-11 4 Lower Level End Zone 101 2 $20,500 $5,125
    Nov-11 2 Lower Level End Zone 149 1 $12,000 $6,000

SAR was smart to grab row one. They seem to sell for over double face in LLEZ while back rows sell for half price.

I am sure Mezz A row one is worth double last row in mezz in middle of aisle.

A row one aisle Mezz A corner seat is the most valuable.
    I've gotten great resale on my LLEZ row 42. It's one of the first rows completely under cover, which is why I bought them. Could have had row 13, but wanted to be higher up for downfield view and the cover sealed the deal. There have been 4 games since the stadium opened that I probably wouldn't have went to, but stayed completely dry all game. Have an extra pair that I usually sell. Never got less than face and have gotten double for a few of the big ones....especially after the weather forecast showed rain!

Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    The Jets have been in the playoff hunt since the stadium opened. The first year they are 3-6, it's gonna be a bloodbath. Have a couple of seasons like that in a row, and you might see the first blackouts in a long while.

I passed on the PSL's because it's just a bad deal, unless you had the seniority to get the best seats in a price level, and then, it's not a good deal. Just a fair deal.

They made the stadium too big, they should have put a roof on it. Should both tenants struggle for a year or two, I would expect some bluster about how they might try and add it, with the State being pushed to pay for a bunch of it, and the teams agreeing to stay longer than the mandated 15 years. Then the NFL can commit to more Super Bowls to make it just a bad investment for all, instead of a horrible one. If they have PSL's to sell, they will have a buy now and avoid the future roof assessment on Tickets.

The NFL doesn't want a team to be taking its best customers over the years to court.

I am still laughing at your comment you needed seniority to get good seats. Heck Jets have row 8 today off the aisle in 144 today that folks with 10 year senority was told nothing in first ten rows.

I am still laughing at your comment you needed seniority to get good seats. Heck Jets have row 8 today off the aisle in 144 today that folks with 10 year senority was told nothing in first ten rows.
    Laugh all you want. The first 10 rows off the field suck. Especially in the corner. You get no depth perception at all. If you're in the corners or end zone, you want to be at least 15, if not 20, rows up at a minimum.

Go ahead and buy that seat. LOL

it's true - it was basically a crapshoot. I got mine 6 seats off the aisle way late in the game after many price reductions. I think someone must have backed out or something at the time. Basically lucked out

Ya didn't need seniority to get prime seats. My first year of being a season ticket holder was the first year of the new stadium. Ya just had to be persistent and smart. I'm in section 135, row 30 on the aisle next to 137. 30 yard line with a sick view of entire field. Hell one row behind me is the Commissioner's Club. I turn around and see Bon Jovi, Curtis, the Commissioner, and so on... 10 feet away. My seats carry a $10k PSL while I can reach over and touch $20k PSL seats across the aisle. Occasionally even sitting over there when there's more room.

Not to mention last week I took along my parents. One of whom has a bad hip. I was able to have them sit in the section in front of 137 behind the Colts bench on the 40. Where I f course hung around for a while to check out the view. Though quickly went back up to row 30 to get the better perspective.

This stadium has been an absolute success and huge upgrade for those who weren't afraid of PSLs and planned correctly.

The few times I've had to sell tickets (either all 4 or even just 1) it's been beyond easy and usually for more thwn double face value.

i made a terrible decision in my original psl purchase. i went on a look at me spending spree. after realizing i made a huge mistake i was lucky to get a broker to take my psls off my hands for cash and 4 more psls in a location with cheaper tix.

a word of advice to anyone out out there looking to invest do your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He stays at home, chomping pretzels on the couch, flipping channels, checking fantasy scores. He's a great fan.

We go to games, spend $600 and 7 hours in our stadium, screaming, cheering, clapping. We're bad fans.

Makes perfect sense.

SAR I
    Youre both a pair of morons.

Where did I ever say you guys were bad fans?

Im against PSls, thats all. the new stadium situation, for many people, sucks.

I was in the slush every game for the 1-15 jets in my seats at giants stadium, so really...please give me a break.

you guys should get together...and you know...maybe french kiss, touch each other in the new bathrooms. hold hands...frollick and whatnot...stick roses out of your butts all the good stuff boys like you do