Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just heard from my old friend who walked from his 2 Mezz A PSLs last year. He said the Jets called him many times last year when he missed his payment then this year they told him if he didn't pay and buy seats he'd lose the money he's spent so far.

Just one data point

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I just heard from my old friend who walked from his 2 Mezz A PSLs last year. He said the Jets called him many times last year when he missed his payment then this year they told him if he didn't pay and buy seats he'd lose the money he's spent so far.

Just one data point
    No s**t, you think the Jets are going to refund his money because he walked away from his PSL?? Not sure what your point is.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No s**t, you think the Jets are going to refund his money because he walked away from his PSL?? Not sure what your point is.
    I think the point of his post was to say, the Jets don't seem to be going after anybody that walks away from their PSL!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know what the Jets have available in Mezz A or LGL right now?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Why?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't tell me you are thinking about buying PSL's after that performance?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    Please don't tell me you are thinking about buying PSL's after that performance?
    Yes. Simply put, we made a decision to become STH's with a long term view.

New to the NYC area 2001, we had no seniority prior to PSL's. Even though the PSL's allowed us to actually get seats, we ended up with mediocre LLEZ seats. The other option was bad seats in Mezz A or Mezz B.

Our current seats are not bad, not awful. We do OK on resale when we sell. We like part of our section. We don't like the fact that the four seats to the left of us are owned by brokers. Plus, we were surprised to discover that our wives really like going to games. Plus, we both have young daughters that we will want to start bringing to games soon.

While the Jets horrific game (season) is bad for this year, it means that there will be very little demand for new PSL's over the next 9-12 months. Plus, some seats have probably defaulted on their Fall 2012 PSL payment and are opening up.

While that is bad for the Jets, it could be very good for us. If you are willing to upgrade sections/price, the Jets will let you move. The cheapest sections relative to ours (that we like) are the LGL and Mezz A (better seats only). We absolutely don't want club seats.

Both sections seem less rowdy than LLEZ (good for wives and children) which had another ejection in our section this week.

Since we will be STH's for years to come, why not move to better seats if there is an opportunity now or in the offseason?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

New to the NYC area 2001, we had no seniority prior to PSL's. Even though the PSL's allowed us to actually get seats, we ended up with mediocre LLEZ seats. The other option was bad seats in Mezz A or Mezz B.

Our current seats are not bad, not awful. We do OK on resale when we sell. We like part of our section. We don't like the fact that the four seats to the left of us are owned by brokers. Plus, we were surprised to discover that our wives really like going to games. Plus, we both have young daughters that we will want to start bringing to games soon.

While the Jets horrific game (season) is bad for this year, it means that there will be very little demand for new PSL's over the next 9-12 months. Plus, some seats have probably defaulted on their Fall 2012 PSL payment and are opening up.

While that is bad for the Jets, it could be very good for us. If you are willing to upgrade sections/price, the Jets will let you move. The cheapest sections relative to ours (that we like) are the LGL and Mezz A (better seats only). We absolutely don't want club seats.

Both sections seem less rowdy than LLEZ (good for wives and children) which had another ejection in our section this week.

Since we will be STH's for years to come, why not move to better seats if there is an opportunity now or in the offseason?
    Oh ok, say no more! I thought you were going to buy new PSL's, instead you are merely upgrading to a better location. Give them a call tomorrow, I am sure they would be glad to hear from you with an upgrade request.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have upper deck seats so I can't look but if you check the availablity of PSL seats available for single game purchase for the Patriots game it should give you an idea of what's available.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    As noted above by a man apparently smarter than you, my point was that the jets are not going after my friend for the money or attacking his credit.

Now since you couldn't figure that out on your own I better say it - this is a sample size of 1, so be careful to draw broad conclusions. I mentioned merely to provide a single data point which unfortunately you were somehow incapable of understanding

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of doing the same thing... Currently have 4 seats in section 135. Would consider upgrading to mezz clubs. Trade in 4 seats for 2 seats. I believe the total ticket price per annum would be close to the same.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As noted above by a man apparently smarter than you, my point was that the jets are not going after my friend for the money or attacking his credit.

Now since you couldn't figure that out on your own I better say it - this is a sample size of 1, so be careful to draw broad conclusions. I mentioned merely to provide a single data point which unfortunately you were somehow incapable of understanding
    LOL... Nice

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the point of his post was to say, the Jets don't seem to be going after anybody that walks away from their PSL!
    Well, apparently they went after the money that that person had already paid, by not refunding it!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Well, apparently they went after the money that that person had already paid, by not refunding it!!
    I don't think anybody thinks the Jets will refund anybody's money. The question for any STH that is thinking about giving up their seats is, will the Jets sue you for the remaining PSL and ticket balance.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anybody thinks the Jets will refund anybody's money.
    Just making a bad joke, lol

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Just making a bad joke, lol
    Oh ok lol, I thought it was a serious post.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Just one data point
    Interesting.

Helps my thought process of walking away after this season even more so.

I'm going to give them the months of January-March to make changes. We'll see.