Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's $16,000 I spent in 2009, doesn't mean anything to me now.

Go find us those 12 wins you promised, no need to find us money that we've already spent and no longer need.

SAR I
    It's value to you personally and it's investment value are two completely different things.

Nice try to muddy the issue.

What makes it a bad investment?

Stub Hub which offers real time market value for tickets

And

They built the worst new stadium ever constructed.

As far as those worrying about their credit score if they walk away, the only things that can truly hurt your credit score are your mortgage, credit card payments, how long you retain a balance on your credit card and your car payments. Most other things like doctors bills and PSL payments are not weighted very much when determining a credit score. (Student loan payments do count so keep those current.)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You are blessed to be in a better financial situation than most. You paid off your bill, that does not mean that everyone else has. I would have thought that a large percentage would have financed them. And I seriously doubt that the jets even ran credit checks. A lot of the PSL buyers not having the same loyalty as the long time STH that they displaced.

Just because your purchase makes sense for you, does not mean it makes sense for everyone.

The question is what are the jets going to do if 2000 licenses are walked away from. There is no market for them with the team being under performing and the game day ticket market is already saturated. My thinking is that the jets will delay the payment date in order to keep the ST sold.
    I bought the cheapest PSL at the time, $4,000.

I find it hard to believe that someone who bought 2 seats and financed $8,000 for 10 years is having a hard financial issue over $800 a year- especially since the ticket cost itself is $2,600 a year.

People who are talking about getting out of PSL's are just being emotional and short-sighted. It's Year 3 of a 30 Year process. Somewhere in there we'll have our run again, win the AFCE a few times, get some home playoff games, get to the Super Bowl.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    funny

those of us who have PSLs and good seats appear to not be whining and complaining about them.

Lorwood, Zippy, the Band and Traitor Jay are doing the whining from their couches as always

somethings never change around here

Jets Insider VIP

I find it hard to believe that someone who bought 2 seats and financed $8,000 for 10 years is having a hard financial issue over $800 a year- especially since the ticket cost itself is $2,600 a year.

People who are talking about getting out of PSL's are just being emotional and short-sighted. It's Year 3 of a 30 Year process. Somewhere in there we'll have our run again, win the AFCE a few times, get some home playoff games, get to the Super Bowl.

SAR I
    + a billion

seriously though, why bother when you see that those doing the naysaying are 1) a pat fan and 2) the same collection of naysayers who have been doing it since 2009

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    It's value to you personally and it's investment value are two completely different things.

Nice try to muddy the issue.
    No. They are the same thing.

You can't find a single fan that bought PSL's as an investment. They got them because they didn't have a choice if they wanted a good view and guaranteed seats in the same spot for all games.

The only people who bring up the 'investment' angle are fans who bailed on the team over a few bucks and bruised feelings. To the rest of us it was a price increase, nothing more.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    + a billion

seriously though, why bother when you see that those doing the naysaying are 1) a pat fan and 2) the same collection of naysayers who have been doing it since 2009
    I'm sick in bed recovering from hernia surgery on some really good narcotics and I've got nothing else to do.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You are blessed to be in a better financial situation than most. You paid off your bill, that does not mean that everyone else has. I would have thought that a large percentage would have financed them. And I seriously doubt that the jets even ran credit checks. A lot of the PSL buyers not having the same loyalty as the long time STH that they displaced.

Just because your purchase makes sense for you, does not mean it makes sense for everyone.

The question is what are the jets going to do if 2000 licenses are walked away from. There is no market for them with the team being under performing and the game day ticket market is already saturated. My thinking is that the jets will delay the payment date in order to keep the ST sold.
    8% is a huge interest payment. Remember we got an interest free loan for first year. When first payment was due we could pay off balance without interest. If we made an installment payment they charged us for interest for prior year at 8%, then at my next payment 12 months forward another 8%.

I and a lot of people paid if off at that moment. A PSL is like a timeshare in Disney, motor home, boat or jet skis in terms of investments. You are buying it cause you want it and it does have value and you can sell it, but at a big loss.

BTW PSLs will have value in 30 years. If they use seat location and seniority in assigning seats in new stadium my grand kids can have front row seats for next 35 years or I can buy them for someone else and charge a fee. Anyone who had seats pre-psls in old stadium, bought a PSL in a great location and held seats whole life of stadium. will do great. He also will have to be immortal but that is another issue

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm sick in bed recovering from hernia surgery on some really good narcotics and I've got nothing else to do.

SAR I
    get will soon, SAR man

we miss you at the stadium

Jets Insider VIP

You can't find a single fan that bought PSL's as an investment. They got them because they didn't have a choice if they wanted a good view and guaranteed seats in the same spot for all games.

The only people who bring up the 'investment' angle are fans who bailed on the team over a few bucks and bruised feelings. To the rest of us it was a price increase, nothing more.

SAR I
    many of my clients have PSL's through their corporations. We show them as an investment because they are NOT tax deductible..reality check, they are worth 1/2 of what they paid for. In fact, craigs list is full of them for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by baldnuts1 View Post
    Yup just walk away. I did this year. Tickets are cheaper on stubhub when I want to go to the game.
    Ditto on that!! They threatened that they were going to sell my seats and I laughed at them. I just got an email the other day looking for payment on my available seats. Woddy can kiss my a$$. Fire Tannenbaum and I will buy them. I hate that mother fucher.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    many of my clients have PSL's through their corporations. We show them as an investment because they are NOT tax deductible..reality check, they are worth 1/2 of what they paid for. In fact, craigs list is full of them for sale.
    .....and if in 10 years we are a consistent 13 win team with 2 Super Bowls under our belt they'll be worth 2x what we paid.

It's a 30 year gig, we're in Year 3. Judging the ROI is very silly now, not even 10% of the way into the overall timespan. If for small-business tax purposes the term 'investment' comes into play that's fine, but no fan views his PSL's that way.

SAR I

All League

SAR I
    Paying for season tickets during bad years was part of the deal. Given the Jets history and players at the time of purchase, it is about what I expected. It's not like we had a young Brady/P Manning/Montana/Young under center and a proven HOF coach in place.

Don't think they will be "great" investments, but I intend to enjoy my $2500 seat in the lower bowl for the next 15-20 years.

On the bright side - the bad record and empty seats will mean a ticket price increase is unlikely.

Jets Insider VIP
    well, that about sums things up

99 percent of those who used the opportunity of PSLs to obtain the seats they always really wanted to watch NFL football are happy with what they did

1 percent AND of course, those who DIDN'T buy tickets at all for zipcode or other reasons OR who bought seats in the stratosphere are still casting aspersions on those who made the right decision now even two years after the stadium opened. Suckers, Sheep, Stupid --- the same old envious nonsense on and on and on

will it ever stop

probably not

also NOT worth paying any attention to

.....and if in 10 years we are a consistent 13 win team with 2 Super Bowls under our belt they'll be worth 2x what we paid.

It's a 30 year gig, we're in Year 3. Judging the ROI is very silly now, not even 10% of the way into the overall timespan. If for small-business tax purposes the term 'investment' comes into play that's fine, but no fan views his PSL's that way.

SAR I
    Then why did you term the PSLs "Investment Gold". Shouldnt it have been "Entertainment Gold"

Your 10 year argument is simply incorrect. Forget the past 3 days as a fan. Woody has had a BRAND NEW stadium with a team coming off an AFC championship game appearance and has still NEVER once sold every seat. This is not Green Bay or Pittsburgh....NY has more fickle fans all of whom have a million differnt things available to them on a sunday.

There is simply not a single shred of evidence to support that PSL prices will increase here.

Hey everyone.... what'd you expect from the usual suspects regarding PSLs? They've been waiting 3 long years for the Jets to be this awful so that they could drone on about how PSLs are losing value... yadda yadda yadda. We all knew they would do this and they have been waiting quite some time for this moment. This is their day in the sun! How dare PSL holders not let them have their "moment"!

Really, it was so predictable and it is the same collection of whiney little biatches as originally, so it shouldn't surprise anyone. It is actually quite funny. So let us let them pat themselves on their respective backs, high five each other and reach down to jerk each other off over their happiness that the team has become this bad, which somehow in their puny little minds justifies their choice to express abject douchebaggery to PSL holders.

Jets Insider VIP
    and if they don't and of they are worth nothing

they still represented a pittance over 30 years to allow real Jet fans to escape from the crappy seats in the upper deck they had been imprisioned in for 25 years

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Paying for season tickets during bad years was part of the deal. Given the Jets history and players at the time of purchase, it is about what I expected. It's not like we had a young Brady/P Manning/Montana/Young under center and a proven HOF coach in place.

Don't think they will be "great" investments, but I intend to enjoy my $2500 seat in the lower bowl for the next 15-20 years.

On the bright side - the bad record and empty seats will mean a ticket price increase is unlikely.
    Precisely.

Look, a handful of JI fans will gripe but the other 20,000 of us with PSL's know about the ups and downs as that's part of being a season ticket holder.

And for those of us who chose a smart location with a low PSL price and low gameday ticket price, we'll do just fine on resale down the road if we choose to.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    funny

those of us who have PSLs and good seats appear to not be whining and complaining about them.

Lorwood, Zippy, the Band and Traitor Jay are doing the whining from their couches as always

somethings never change around here
    I have 2 seats in 129. 2 fully paid PSLs, and I'm considering dropping them - getting the 30-40% of face i could get or just walking away from them. i knew it was a bad decision when i bought them, but when they lowered them to 2500, i couldn't resist. My family and I have had seats, no in my name, for 40+ years. but it's just not worth it anymore. especially not while taking a bath on the preseason tickets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    in 30 years the PSLs will have no value, because they will be trying to sell PSL's for the next stadium.
    and when I am in my 70's in 30 years, I will get great seats!

Hall Of Fame

SAR I
    This is the part that a lot of people do not get. The PSL was a cost to do business, it is part of the overall price of the tickets. They are a necessary means to an end. NO ONE bought a PSL as an investment in the traditional sense. If you wanted good seats on a seasonal basis then you factored them in as part of the tickets costs. Now if you felt they were a rip off or didnt want to pay for them fine, you are still left with options to attend EVERY Jet game that you want to.

Like I stated earlier this season, I sold my PSLs because I was only going to a couple games a year anymore. I used that money to join a new country club, which had a bond that I had to put up to join, very similar to a PSL. If I wanted to join that club, I would have to pay the money. It was part of the cost involved with that particular endeavor.