Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    But SAR your tickets are not average $4000 PSl tickets. Your case does not hold true for the majority of PSL owners. And if you think a guy in the back of mezz b can get 80% of his original price you are deluding yourself. You keep trying to equate an average psl holder to yourself. As you pointed out plenty of times you have some means.
    Anyone with a $2500 or $4000 PSL has nothing to complain about as they a) have the cheapest licenses in the building and b) have the cheapest gameday ticket prices.

These fans were averaging $3,000 a year for a pair of tickets in Giants Stadium for 20 years, so the PSL is merely one double-year to them. Pay 31 years, get 30.

I'm in Mezz A which is different than Mezz B. Those in the back rows of my section get 80% of face for the games that I've researched on StubHub.

There was a science behind this back in 2008. I looked at the PSL process from a defensive standpoint. Asked myself what are the best seats I can get a) that I'd enjoy and b) that will save my ass in tough years on resale. Being adjacent to the Club seats at half their gameday ticket price lets me win nicely. Someone in 233 pays $200 a seat, can only get $150. In 232A I pay $125 which looks like a deal on resale. He loses 25%, I break even.

There are several sections in the stadium that are just like that. A great value because in the StubHub map you're adjacent but the pricing lets one guy on the aisle make money while the other loses money.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    It is your ticket price that is killing you. For instance Coaches Club for Sundays 49ers game were only actually selling for around $600 bucks each with a face of $700 that is a loss.
    Meanwhile a few seats over in the 15K PSLs that are non-club with a face of $145 I saw those seats selling for $$300 each.

The ticket price is the key. For instance LGL at $130 or LSL at $145 are easy seats to sell at a profit.
    Exactly, was just saying the same thing.

It's all about the gameday ticket price and how close you are to adjacent premium seats. If the guy across the aisle has a $300 ticket and you have a $150 ticket, he loses while you win on resale. Many people don't want Club seats because they perceive that they're paying more for things they don't want, too.

How much someone paid for a PSL means nothing to the StubHub buyer.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    If you don't plan to resell, Mezz B seats offer cover from the elements, a less drunk group of fans, and a decent view relative to the UD.

When we start bring our daughters to games, our plan is to sell our 2 LLEZ seats on SH and buy as many seats in Mezz B's family section as we need for the games.
    Another bonus to Mezz A owners in bad years is that we're the only fans who can sneak back under cover in Mezz B. The upper deckers and lower levelers can't get through our tight security. It's nice under there in the rain, used it against the Bengals in preseason a few years back.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    You should be able to sue Woodie for fraud..
    same could be said for our head coach, offensive coordinator and general manager as well as a bunch of players.

im on the phone right now with the jets. they keep telling me they cant and wont do anything for me until next season. they are saying my psl has lost value? i said what did you say? and they are not repeating it.

i told them give me uppers and credit my psl paid to the ticket cost. whatever it works out to im open to offers. i will take a depreciation hit on the psl im ok with it. they said we have noted this on your account and look forward to working with you next season.

im ok with this and i will do what i have to with what i already paid for this season.

live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Another bonus to Mezz A owners in bad years is that we're the only fans who can sneak back under cover in Mezz B. The upper deckers and lower levelers can't get through our tight security. It's nice under there in the rain, used it against the Bengals in preseason a few years back.

SAR I
    sar i $15k per seat psl and $295 a game. id rather get wet for less.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im on the phone right now with the jets. they keep telling me they cant and wont do anything for me until next season. they are saying my psl has lost value? i said what did you say? and they are not repeating it.

i told them give me uppers and credit my psl paid to the ticket cost. whatever it works out to im open to offers. i will take a depreciation hit on the psl im ok with it. they said we have noted this on your account and look forward to working with you next season.

im ok with this and i will do what i have to with what i already paid for this season.

live and learn.
    It sucks now, but what you'll realize is that it's a 30 year long-haul. Let the next two seasons roll off, start getting excited about 2014.

Remember too that not all bad Jets teams are hard to watch. This particular team is bad because they just don't try, they quit too much. But a young rebuilding team can be very exciting and fun as you watch players develop.

SAR I

It sucks now, but what you'll realize is that it's a 30 year long-haul. Let the next two seasons roll off, start getting excited about 2014.

Remember too that not all bad Jets teams are hard to watch. This particular team is bad because they just don't try, they quit too much. But a young rebuilding team can be very exciting and fun as you watch players develop.

SAR I
    appreciate he kind and soothing words. you could be right. time will tell all. thanks

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

sar i $15k per seat psl and $295 a game. id rather get wet for less.
    You bought seats that were designed for small businesses as an alternative to luxury suites.

As such, if you do choose to sell them you'll have a decent audience of company-types who have money and will appreciate a 20% discount vs. what the Jets would charge them.

You're not as bad off as you think you are. You just bought the wrong seats. It's correctible.

SAR I

4 Touchdown Club Goal Line 218 7 3 - 6 $20,000

2 Coaches Club 112 10 3 - 4 $19,500

2 Touchdown Club Corner 220c 10 3 - 4 $7,500

Club seats have taking a pounding in secondary. A guy who bought two Mezz B for a total of 5k selling at 3k only has a 2k loss. Some of these club seats owners are taking a 20K loss.

You bought seats that were designed for small businesses as an alternative to luxury suites.

As such, if you do choose to sell them you'll have a decent audience of company-types who have money and will appreciate a 20% discount vs. what the Jets would charge them.

You're not as bad off as you think you are. You just bought the wrong seats. It's correctible.

SAR I
    i hope you're right. as soon as the season ends i may just put them up for sale in the right places.

id be willing as we speak to take $40k and id give this seasons tix and parking for free.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

i hope you're right. as soon as the season ends i may just put them up for sale in the right places.

id be willing as we speak to take $40k and id give this seasons tix and parking for free.
    Are you GMC?

SAR I

Are you GMC?

SAR I
    you too? no im not i drive an audi. who the hell is gmc?

All League
    4 Touchdown Club Goal Line 218 7 3 - 6 $20,000

2 Coaches Club 112 10 3 - 4 $19,500

2 Touchdown Club Corner 220c 10 3 - 4 $7,500

Club seats have taking a pounding in secondary. A guy who bought two Mezz B for a total of 5k selling at 3k only has a 2k loss. Some of these club seats owners are taking a 20K loss.
    We paid $2500 for our LLEZ PSL's, the Jets are selling "new" PSL's in our section for $4K. While we can't offer financing, we can sell someone our seats for $2.5K + the transaction fee and break even on the deal. With a little work, I am pretty sure we could pull it off.

Plus, the low PSL price gives people in our section some degree of leverage over the Jets. If they tried jack up ticket prices unreasonably in the LLEZ, people in our section don't have have huge "losses" to worry about. I doubt many people in our section owe them more than $2000 per seat after this season. In theSpring, we will owe them less than $1000 per seat.

Let say the Jets raised our seat price from $125 to $175 per game. The default rate would be enormous.

Now that I think about it, the PSL's probably will reduce price increases for a while in almost every section. If the Jets raise ticket prices, they would risk having people with large loan balances walk away from seats. The last thing they want is a $40K bad debt, no buyer for the season tickets, and the cost of trying to resell the PSL again.

All League
    If any season ticket holders are fed up with this team and don't want to attend the Colts game, I will be accepting donations of free tickets so that I can bring my wife and father to the game. Thanks.

PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks81 View Post
    If any season ticket holders are fed up with this team and don't want to attend the Colts game, I will be accepting donations of free tickets so that I can bring my wife and father to the game. Thanks.

PM for details.
    what do you have to barter? i see money is an issue.

club seats next to mezz a corner, if I am on stubhub how much more am I paying to sit one seat over?

Are you GMC?

SAR I
    thought the same thing... LOL

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

club seats next to mezz a corner, if I am on stubhub how much more am I paying to sit one seat over?

Depends on the game, but for a blah game you're paying $125 for a $200 Club seat or $90 for an adjacent $125 non-Club seat.

Where it gets interesting is when there's a big team in town. Mezz A can get 2x face but Mezz Club can't get more than 1.5x. There's a ceiling for tickets that are a stones-throw away and have a carpeted food court.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-02-2012 at 05:24 PM.