Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up PSL's?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    I really like my seats and going to the games, sooo... working out pretty well?
    glad your happy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    You very well might be telling the truth. In my opinion, Im beginning to have doubts

1- you said you hated the upper deck, moved to 295 x 4 seats, hated those, and in another post you are going to move to the upper deck ?

2- who lays out 60k for 4 seats at 295 a pop, and is going to pack it in after the Jets get off to a slow start ?

3- Who would take a 30k loss on the tickets (since its supposedly paid off), and not sell the hot games, and make most of your money back.

Again, you MAY be telling the truth, but I doubt it. Just my opinion.
    i would only buy the upper decks to stay in the game as a season ticket holder. probably give most away.

i had a very big job payoff quite well and didnt want to piss the money away so i bought the psls paid in full.

the $30k loss can be written off as they were purchased under my business.

whos buying seats for $295 a game plus parking when stubhub and other outlets are selling seats all over alot cheaper.

this isnt my first rodeo with jets season tix unlike most of you. sorry for the ill and hard feelings but im not gonna be called a shill and a liar.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    LOL "self proclaimed".

OK genius. nice try
    Nice try? You seem to think that PSL owners are upset. We don't like the current state of the team on the field of course, but as far as the stadium situation and our viewing locations and our resale value, we're doing just fine. You're imagining a problem that doesn't exist.

If you want to be upset, want to put out a real fire, try calling out the people who deserve it the most:

The old-time "been a season ticket holder since Shea" blue-collar face-painter who abandoned the team. They could have had inexpensive PSL seats. They took the upper deck seats. So long as the Jets were a playoff team, they filled the upper deck. Just one average 8-8 season and they abandoned us.

PSL owners are the most loyal Jets fans on the planet. Spent thousands of dollars, spend thousands of hours, understand that we're in Year 3 of a 30 Year commitment. The "I had my seats for 30 years" types are clowns, liars, disloyal. Go start a thread pounding on them. I'll be the first to respond. If you don't like seeing empty seats, if you don't like the noise levels, go after the fans that quit on us. They're your problem.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    first off im not a shill far from it and why would i do that? i was offered $25k today from a ticket agency you are something else. do you think you are the only guy in town with money and psls? guess again.

and for the record my seats are way better than yours and paid for.
    Because you have 715 posts, many people will think "Gee, this guy has been around for years on Jets Insider, I must have just overlooked him from way back in the stadium thread and stuff."

But the truth is you have 715 posts in the last 30 days. You're someone from the past masquerading as a "veteran poster". We're not idiots, despite what you think. You're an alias with an artificially high post count, averaging 23 posts a day to get you there. Your subject matter is entertaining, so we play with you.

$900 is my last offer for your PSL's. Every time you turn me down, the offer drops by another $100 so I suggest you give me your PayPal address and start the paperwork before I change my mind.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would only buy the upper decks to stay in the game as a season ticket holder. probably give most away.

i had a very big job payoff quite well and didnt want to piss the money away so i bought the psls paid in full.

the $30k loss can be written off as they were purchased under my business.

whos buying seats for $295 a game plus parking when stubhub and other outlets are selling seats all over alot cheaper.

this isnt my first rodeo with jets season tix unlike most of you. sorry for the ill and hard feelings but im not gonna be called a shill and a liar.
    But you are in the game, you have $295 dollar seats that the PSL is paid for, that are much better than the UD seats

Ok, you had a big job payoff, and you dont want to piss away the money, and you spend 60k on a PSL ?

Ive been a season ticket holder since '90, and have been going to games since '69, so Im certainly not at my 1st rodeo.

As far as writing off, that could be true, but Im not familar with tax laws. Maybe someone else would know better.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad your happy.
    Not true.

You're only happy when, get this, Jets fans are unhappy.

What a great fan you are.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    most of the people i cross paths with in my line of work are rich arrogant *******s. just because they think they have a little bit of money.

psls arent a status symbol of being rich the sooner people realize that on this board the better off we all will be.

theres a big difference in financing a psl and owning it outright.

i made a decision to improve my seats and after all is said and done im sorry i did it.

i dont like the upper deck and i dont like paying $295+ a game for the product on the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nice try? You seem to think that PSL owners are upset. We don't like the current state of the team on the field of course, but as far as the stadium situation and our viewing locations and our resale value, we're doing just fine. You're imagining a problem that doesn't exist.

If you want to be upset, want to put out a real fire, try calling out the people who deserve it the most:

The old-time "been a season ticket holder since Shea" blue-collar face-painter who abandoned the team. They could have had inexpensive PSL seats. They took the upper deck seats. So long as the Jets were a playoff team, they filled the upper deck. Just one average 8-8 season and they abandoned us.

PSL owners are the most loyal Jets fans on the planet. Spent thousands of dollars, spend thousands of hours, understand that we're in Year 3 of a 30 Year commitment. The "I had my seats for 30 years" types are clowns, liars, disloyal. Go start a thread pounding on them. I'll be the first to respond. If you don't like seeing empty seats, if you don't like the noise levels, go after the fans that quit on us. They're your problem.

SAR I
    Everything you say is nothing but your opinion. Everything I say is nothing but my opinion. Neither one of us can prove anything but one fact remains:

You made a poor investment. Your seats are worth a fraction of what you paid.

Have a nice day at your stadium. after all, you paid for it, you built it....it is YOURS!

and BTW, I'm not a "self proclaimed" #1 Ballbuster. I never wrote that. Sooth, the guy who runs this site, slapped that title upon me circa 2003ish. He hacked my page and changed it himself. I never wrote it. That was his opinion of me back in the day when you didnt exist. Now that Im retired, you are the new me. I am Ali, you are Tyson. Do a good job........
    Last edited by dickkotite; 10-03-2012 at 11:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not true.

You're only happy when, get this, Jets fans are unhappy.

What a great fan you are.

SAR I
    well now isnt this the pot calling the kettle black lol

precious

thanks

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because you have 715 posts, many people will think "Gee, this guy has been around for years on Jets Insider, I must have just overlooked him from way back in the stadium thread and stuff."

But the truth is you have 715 posts in the last 30 days. You're someone from the past masquerading as a "veteran poster". We're not idiots, despite what you think. You're an alias with an artificially high post count, averaging 23 posts a day to get you there. Your subject matter is entertaining, so we play with you.

$900 is my last offer for your PSL's. Every time you turn me down, the offer drops by another $100 so I suggest you give me your PayPal address and start the paperwork before I change my mind.

SAR I
    do you know my personal business? but since you asked. i have the opportunity right now to sit and post all day while getting paid for it. i need to check in on a few projects every now and then. the rest of my day is spent here at the present time.

checking in at night is obviously a mistake if guys like you the draculas of the board come out to play.

sar i can you even sell your unpaid financed psl?
    Last edited by Nike; 10-03-2012 at 10:56 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your subject matter is entertaining, so we play with you.

SAR I
    lol more of the pot calling the kettle black

good stuff, my understudy. keep the torch burning

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is an interesting thread

I remember back in the day how all the homers would gush about how "great" it was going to be that you could give woody big bucks to watch his team. I remember how the homers said that the PSL's was a fair way of getting seats back from the "bad" generation of season ticket holders that hogged them all up. I remember how "great" the stadium would be, the respect we would have for not playing in the G house. I remember how arrogent the high rollers were, claiming that its a free market and if you cant afford 10k for seats then that is just tough luck.

Now, years later, our team sucks, our stadium is still the G house (only colder and uglier), parking is through the roof, tailgating is not as good, everyone is scrambling and defaulting on their seats and some of the high rollers are eating a nice big slice of humble pie.

Hows that new stadium working out for ya guys? lol
    I bet some of what you say is true if you got in over your head on the PSL cost. If you stayed within your comfortable range and bought seats/PSLs you could afford, you're OK now. From a financial POV, it's kind of like it's always been, but just a little more expensive.

The PSL costs are gone and long forgotten. Now we just pay for tickets and parking each year, just like before, but more expensive. Yes - tailgating is different, the stadium is different, etc. But money-wise, as long as you didn't reach too far on the PSLs, that money is gone and doesn't impact anything anymore. You don't even think about it.

And this is just looking like it's likely to be a down year from a football POV. But for now...for today....they have the 4 seed, so FlagMan and others get ready for some home playoff tailgating and Meadow Soprano, do some voice exercises and get ready to sing!

And just so I don't discredit the first part of my post with the last part, to be clear I'm not expecting a home playoff game this year. Just saying let's lose some games first before we throw ourselves over our proverbial swords. Also, as long as you didn't over reach on the PSLs initially, this feels just like it felt before PSLs in the old stadium - like a down year. I already paid for my tix and parking for this year, I like live football, so let's go!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was only considering selling the tickets and psls then the "compers" showed up that iced it. the seats near me are unsold this will continue. two home games and not so nice people. i dont spend $295 a game for that. sorry and i dont drive a bmw when im not working i drive an audi.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I bet some of what you say is true if you got in over your head on the PSL cost. If you stayed within your comfortable range and bought seats/PSLs you could afford, you're OK now. From a financial POV, it's kind of like it's always been, but just a little more expensive.

The PSL costs are gone and long forgotten. Now we just pay for tickets and parking each year, just like before, but more expensive. Yes - tailgating is different, the stadium is different, etc. But money-wise, as long as you didn't reach too far on the PSLs, that money is gone and doesn't impact anything anymore. You don't even think about it.

And this is just looking like it's likely to be a down year from a football POV. But for now...for today....they have the 4 seed, so FlagMan and others get ready for some home playoff tailgating and Meadow Soprano, do some voice exercises and get ready to sing!

And just so I don't discredit the first part of my post with the last part, to be clear I'm not expecting a home playoff game this year. Just saying let's lose some games first before we throw ourselves over our proverbial swords. Also, as long as you didn't over reach on the PSLs initially, this feels just like it felt before PSLs in the old stadium - like a down year. I already paid for my tix and parking for this year, I like live football, so let's go!
    corny all i was trying to bring across is that the OLD meadowlands was better, imo. thats all. its just my opinion. i have a moral objection to the PSL scam, which I am entitled to.

If you bought the psls and are happy, good for you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Have you tried stadium psl or seasonticket rights or ebay to sell on your own. You are picking worst time to sell.
    understatement of the decade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    my seats are $295 each i own 4. have you seen the prices of seats on stubhub and craigslist etc? they arent going up anytime soon its bad out there.
    Game day prices for club seats on either level between the 20's are absurd. The Jets have completely overpriced them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    corny all i was trying to bring across is that the OLD meadowlands was better, imo. thats all. its just my opinion. i have a moral objection to the PSL scam, which I am entitled to.

If you bought the psls and are happy, good for you
    Totally agree that you're entitled to that opinion and moral objection. And I'm happy for you, as well! A couple years ago I'd have wanted it to stay the same rather than have to fork out a bunch of cash to get the new stadium. I was just saying that now that I have, it's forgotten. And the new place has its perks (like no bathroom lines in my section). So I'm happy here.

But again, I think all situations are different. For some people, this place makes no sense, and buying games on stub hub or watching at home is great for them. For others, PSLs made sense. For others, no PSL UD seats made sense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything you say is nothing but your opinion. Everything I say is nothing but my opinion. Neither one of us can prove anything but one fact remains:

You made a poor investment. Your seats are worth a fraction of what you paid.

Have a nice day at your stadium. after all, you paid for it, you built it....it is YOURS!

and BTW, I'm not a "self proclaimed" #1 Ballbuster. I never wrote that. Sooth, the guy who runs this site, slapped that title upon me circa 2003ish. He hacked my page and changed it himself. I never wrote it. That was his opinion of me back in the day when you didnt exist. Now that Im retired, you are the new me. I am Ali, you are Tyson. Do a good job........
    I made no investment.

I accepted a one-time price increase from the Jets as a cost of getting into a good seating location. I took long division in elementary school, quickly figured out it was $13 per ticket per game for 30 years. Less than the cost of a beer and a hot dog wasn't going to prevent me from getting good seats and staying in the Jets family.

The fact that we're having a rough season doesn't do anything to the "value" of my seats. The "value" is in my son's eyes as they have a great 7 hours with dad 10 times a year. The "value" comes from sitting with 80,000 other diehard Jets fans cheering the team on on a brilliant sunny Sunday. The "value" will be when we are rebuilt and contending for titles again.

That $16,000 I spent was in 2008, and it's about the cost of 2 family vacations somewhere modest. That money is gone, I don't care about it, I don't even think about it until these threads start.

I enjoy these threads, so thank you for making an otherwise repetitive night of watching the Yankees win another AL East title less monotonous. But you're barking up the wrong tree here. PSL owners are happy. It's the fly-by-night old timers from Shea who have the issue. Pick on them.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Totally agree that you're entitled to that opinion and moral objection. And I'm happy for you, as well! A couple years ago I'd have wanted it to stay the same rather than have to fork out a bunch of cash to get the new stadium. I was just saying that now that I have, it's forgotten. And the new place has its perks (like no bathroom lines in my section). So I'm happy here.

But again, I think all situations are different. For some people, this place makes no sense, and buying games on stub hub or watching at home is great for them. For others, PSLs made sense. For others, no PSL UD seats made sense.
    My thoughts exactly. As long as everyone is happy who cares. I'm tired of these "youre an idiot for having season tickets use stubhub" people preaching the same damn message.

I have upper deck seats sure if I didn't have season tickets I could save $200total for the season or so by buying each week on stubhub. but I want to be part of the "club" and also not have to be checking stubhub prices every week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    well now isnt this the pot calling the kettle black lol

precious

thanks
    What I say on this issue isn't designed to upset Jets fans; it's to defend Jets fans from other Jets fans who view PSL owners as the "enemy", the group of people who enabled Woody Johnson's master plan and drove them out of their "since Shea" seats.

Those rat bastards sat in those seats for 25 years and they sold them off, sold them to enemy fans, made huge profits, attended games in the best seats in the stadium for free, for nothing, while the rest of us rotted in the upper deck endzones, frozen out because of those disloyal selfish geezers. F-ck them.

SAR I